Breaking the £100m barrier?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a chance.

BVXSzi.gif

I’m not questioning you mate, your quoting incoming and out goings connected to players. I’m talking the profit we have made each year for 5 years that don’t include players sales. There is money, I suspect some was the down payment on the stadium but i’m sure the business plan included the potential of getting to this point.

Of course there is money but we are about to find out Enics true intentions with regards to how they use it.

Yes.

Levy has to spend to keep Poch happy. Without Poch, it will all fall apart

I know Levy is cheap but I think he even realizes this.

But do you seriously think Levy will do it? Be honest and realistic.

We did it in Summer 2013, breaking the club transfer record twice in the process.

The idea that Tottenham have not made aggressive transfer moves under Daniel Levy is a total myth.

Unless Toby and Eriksen re-sign (which would be ideal!), I don't see how we won't break the 100M barrier. Net spend is a different question.

Poch won't walk this summer if we don't spend the money...he could never get a job again quitting under those circumstances. But certainly he could leave next year if a big club comes calling.

Also yes I think we will spend 100 million, but we will make at least 50 back on sales.

We earned a lot of unexpected money from the CL run but we will not be spending massive amounts. Expensive incoming signings will have to be funded by sales as they always are. Levy is not planning to spend £120m on Lo Celso and Ndombele while turning down £80m for Eriksen. Sell to buy is still the order of the day.

As for this spending thing, West Ham spent 105m last season, not that it done them much good but anyhow, they aren’t a top 6 side, they are not even a Europa league team, but spend 105m they can......
Surely, I mean surly we can outlay 100m and not go into administration???????

As for this spending thing, West Ham spent 105m last season, not that it done them much good but anyhow, they aren’t a top 6 side, they are not even a Europa league team, but spend 105m they can......
Surely, I mean surly we can outlay 100m and not go into administration???????

We could, but Daniel Levy is hell bent on winning that "most financially solvent football club ever" trophy.
I think Barron's or The Economist might start awarding it soon, thank goodness.

Daniel Levy is too smart not to realise how important Poch is to the project and the potential loss if he didnt receive the backing he deserves and walked.

We're also 'ahead' in the growing of our brand. There needs to be investment now to maintain the momentum.

Well I really want to believe that will happen, but I will believe it when I see it.

That was on the back of windfall profits from the Bale sale. And it was only one time in like 12 seasons.
The record is poor. Do you really think we'll get even 80m for Eriksen this summer?
I honestly can't see it happening right now- RM already made their big signing. Barca are about to do so as well with Griezmann. Who seriously has the money and need to do that? We'll be lucky to spend 90m gbp total, much less 100...
80 million for a player with 1 year left on his contract is going to be hard to get unless theres someone really desperate for his services. I think we will probably accept around 60

Back
Top Bottom