Bournemouth (A) - 29 October - 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aye... I wasn't disagreeing with you. Quite the opposite..... I felt for Skipp yesterday... Especially when he got the hook.

.....But to re-emphasise my point about positioning..... What's the point in playing WBs if the scope is for them to to merely range between FB to RMF rather than FB to RWinger? ......Defeats the object, surely.
Yes it's holding us back without doubt. I prefer 433 personally or variations of and it'd suit our midfield and attacking options especially, problem is our defence.

That seems to be the flaw with 352 with us. You have only Kane and Son up top so need the creativity to come from the flanks which sorry to say Emerson isn’t capable of. 352 enables us to be strong in the middle but has less attackers, Doherty or Spence should be used.

The Emerson thing is just a weird hill for Conte to die on. Emerson is a right back he isn’t remotely a wing back. We just look unbalanced when he is on the pitch, square pegs round holes.

Surely the attacking shape should be:

LWB ------- Son -------- Kane --------- RWB
--------LMF ----------------------RMF---------
----------------------DM-------------------------

Yes it's holding us back without doubt. I prefer 433 personally or variations of and it'd suit our midfield and attacking options especially, problem is our defence.

I'd be entirely behind 433 except it doesn't really suit any of our CBs.

I'm fine with 352 (esp. with Rich & Kulu still out); but see above.

Surely the attacking shape should be:

LWB ------- Son -------- Kane --------- RWB
--------LMF ----------------------RMF---------
----------------------DM-------------------------

Yep but RWB we have no threat so the opposition doesnt have to care about the right side, they can simply load the left side and if they shut that down they make it hard for us to play. I have nothing personal against Emerson he is being asked to play a role he is not capable of.

Yep but RWB we have no threat so the opposite doesnt have to care about the right side, they can simply load the left side and if they shut that down they make it hard for us to play. I have nothing personal against Emerson he is being asked to play a role he is not capable of.

Emerson
Doherty
Spence
Gil
Lucas
Perisic
Sess

Take your pick.

With 2 lines of 3 centrally against low/mid table teams we should be able to sustain a more aggressive WB selection.

Against the right oppo I'd be keen to see the following given a try:

Gil ------- Son -------- Kane --------- Lucas
--------LMF -------------------- RMF---------
----------------------DM-----------------------

So dont celebrate a tottenham winner?? I was disgusted by their performance but i still fucking celebrated the goal. Get a grip
I kind of didn't? It was the same sort of reaction I had when we equalised v Leicester last season (not knowing what was going to happen after). Frustration as to why we were in that position in the first place.

And their manager had more hair!

But he came on at half time and the 2nd half was miles better than the 1st. He gave us better shape and offered a threat(not directly) that had to be defended.
3-5-2 doesn’t work with our midfield we currently have
I think having to chase the gane 2-0 down also changes your approach,
What I don’t get is if you play 352 but have 2 of midfielders virtually play left and right wing like skipp was then why not just play Lucas from the start and have 2 in cm!

Seeing as everyone's leaping on their favourite scapegoats, perhaps we should give a mention to how shit Skipp was in the first half...
Yes he didn’t play great but where the fuck was he asked to play. Only coaches like conte and Jose do things like that’ why play him almost in the kulu position. Fucking bollocks. Already why not just start Lucas there have 2 in CM where PEH is better and not stick on left. You can already then sub Lucas for Gil. However Conte loves being boring and defensive which we still arnt great at. Look at their first goal PEH (who lost the ball) and skipp are nowhere to be seen. If they arnt actually gonna help in midfield then no point playing them in those positions.

Wow - every club has lunatic fans it seems. Another club I can happily hate now.

Possession 70:30
Shots 23:6
Corners 19:2
Fouls 5:10

#ParkingTheBus

:contebored:
Yes but that was mainly 2nd half. However keep saying it why not just fucking play like that from the off!
We can clearly play a high tempo game. Said umpteen times start strong get in front then ficking piss about with the ball later on. Bring on subs to freshen it up and instill some more energy and importantly be able to give som and Kane a breather.
It seems to me so obvious but hey ho I’m not paid 15 squillion a year. Instead let’s just clog our 2 main goal scorers. Just image if we played like we did 2nd half v bmouth and Lisbon on the first half. We would be into group stages and Kane and son could have had rest on Tuesday. Now we have to get a result play both and they will expend physical and mental energy. They could have been fresh for the dippers game. Just wish we just go out and play to our potential and conte takes the handbrake off!

When PEH shot narrowly over the bar, there was a Bournemouth fan on the end of the front row giving it large with wanker signs.

I wish they cut to him when our winner went in!
In the blue jacket? I noticed him too. Lovely bit of karma for him haha. (We've all done it though)

Back
Top Bottom