Bournemouth (A) - 29 October - 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't disagree about Emerson and your point in general but Skipp especially really isn't a right half (not winger) imo and I think Yves has more of the skillset to do better there.

My main point is that if they were swapped yesterday they would both feel more comfortable and perform better than they did.

I don't see Conte changing the system and I don't think he should, not now at least. It seems he doesn't trust Doherty defensively and he doesn't think Spence is ready, no doubt it'll be a priority area for him in January.

It should have been a priority in the summer.
If Spence wasn’t seen as a first teamer straight away we should have brought someone that was, as Emerson and Doherty were/are easily upgradable on especially with Doherty recovering from his injury

I think having to chase the gane 2-0 down also changes your approach,
What I don’t get is if you play 352 but have 2 of midfielders virtually play left and right wing like skipp was then why not just play Lucas from the start and have 2 in cm!

Even playing 3-5-2 I would rather have Lucas or Gill playing the inside right role Skipp was playing yesterday

watching game now 30 mins in. lenglet moves the ball about a lot cleaner than dier from that CCB spot. just a shame hes having to pass it to donkeys either side

2nd goal, weak again from sess it looks like. what is that from emerson? dog shit defending, slow to react then going in with his foot rather than his head, pathetic.
Getting awful bus-conductor bus-conductor flashbacks!

Sad Baby GIF

He was appalling don’t know what game you were watching, must have tried to play nine balls in to the box, every one blocked cause he can’t cross. Then again not sure at what point a Defensive midfielder became a right winger in a three man defensive mid.
Exactly! Skipp is great as a DM. Mom idea what conte a supposed elite coach is having him play RW. Fucking joke. He wasn’t actually doing any defending or helping Biss. To me it looked Biss was on his own in midfield.

I don't disagree about Emerson and your point in general but Skipp especially really isn't a right half (not winger) imo and I think Yves has more of the skillset to do better there.

My main point is that if they were swapped yesterday they would both feel more comfortable and perform better than they did.

I don't see Conte changing the system and I don't think he should, not now at least. It seems he doesn't trust Doherty defensively and he doesn't think Spence is ready, no doubt it'll be a priority area for him in January.
Exactly what dues royal offer defensively? He ducking bottled out of the header for their 2nd goal. As for the first goal he didn’t track the runner at all. He is garbage him being him the team for being better in defence is far outweighed by what Doh or Soence could offer in attack. With 3 CB in most games if we are on the front foot he wouldn’t be required to defend too much anyway.

Aye... I wasn't disagreeing with you. Quite the opposite..... I felt for Skipp yesterday... Especially when he got the hook.

.....But to re-emphasise my point about positioning; what's the point in playing WBs if the scope is for them to to merely range between FB to RMF rather than FB to RWinger? ......Defeats the object, surely.
Ffs most teams play a 4 at the back and still get their fullback to attack.

It should have been a priority in the summer.
If Spence wasn’t seen as a first teamer straight away we should have brought someone that was, as Emerson and Doherty were/are easily upgradable on especially with Doherty recovering from his injury
Who? I think they tried unless Para is completely useless....do you think you knew this and they didn't?!

Exactly what dues royal offer defensively? He ducking bottled out of the header for their 2nd goal. As for the first goal he didn’t track the runner at all. He is garbage him being him the team for being better in defence is far outweighed by what Doh or Soence could offer in attack. With 3 CB in most games if we are on the front foot he wouldn’t be required to defend too much anyway.
I thank you for your opinion. What does Spence and Doherty offer in attack please? Spence especially?

I don't think Emerson bottled anything, I just think he got caught out and made the wrong decision. I also think it was a fantastic cross and great piece of forward play, a brilliant goal really.

I don't at all rate Emerson particularly but the manager picks him over the others....Conte isn't blind, he knows it's a massive area of weakness, but he's a pragmatist and until he gets a proper RWB he'll use Mr less fuck ups defensively than the others.

That's it really. Do you think after watching them in training every day etc, that he doesn't know? Seriously?

. Do you think after watching them in training every day etc, that he doesn't know? Seriously?
Like Mourinho "watched" De Bruyne and Salah in training at Chelsea and deemed them not good enough and shipped them off.
Managers are not gods, they are humans with inherent biases and can hold a grudge if the club buys players that they didn't recommend in their list.

If the whole Conte project is 'give me the players I ask for and I will build you a world class team " and instead a player that the club signed ends up being a good one, he will have even lesser say on transfers in the next window.

If you want to talk about Jose and Salah etc, take it to another thread, it's nowt to do with now. All I'm hearing is supposition about biases.

I don't think for a minute Conte sees Spence being brilliant in training but says "I'm not playing him because it was a club signing". Why would he? It doesn't make sense. He's embraced Ryan despite the presence of Perisic. Did he want Benta more than Yves?

Who said Conte is a God? Please address what's posted. If you know owt that the rest of us don't please fill us in.

If you want to talk about Jose and Salah etc, take it to another thread, it's nowt to do with now. All I'm hearing is supposition about biases.

I don't think for a minute Conte sees Spence being brilliant in training but says "I'm not playing him because it was a club signing". Why would he? It doesn't make sense. He's embraced Ryan despite the presence of Perisic. Did he want Benta more than Yves?

Who said Conte is a God? Please address what's posted. If you know owt that the rest of us don't please fill us in.
Well everything is an assumption at this point..your assumption is that he isn't good and others saying he is good and the manager has other factors to consider.

It is all suppositions.

Except they aren’t.
There was a dearth of CL-level RWBs available this summer. We went through lists and lists of them on these threads and most of the suggestions were plain silly — Hakimi or Porro.

Sorry I’m not having that.
In world football with our scouting networks, we couldn’t find anyone better that what we have at RWB?

Back
Top Bottom