Best food in the stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you choose to go down the snack smuggling route, women and children are the best mules, as the security personnel are almost exclusively male.

Also, I find that smuggling adds an extra layer of excitement to the outing. You never know if your partner or child is going to be refused entry. Great fun.

Is there actually a rule against taking food in?
Never tried beyond a few boiled sweets stuck to the fluffy bottom of my coat pocket.

Reminds me of going to the cinema as a kid after stocking up on snacks in Superdrug before queueing, shoving them in a plastic bag up my jumper. Never knew if they would even take it from me to be honest - but I just love the trill of living on the edge.

Is there actually a rule against taking food in?
Never tried beyond a few boiled sweets stuck to the fluffy bottom of my coat pocket.

Reminds me of going to the cinema as a kid after stocking up on snacks in Superdrug before queueing, shoving them in a plastic bag up my jumper. Never knew if they would even take it from me to be honest - but I just love the trill of living on the edge.
Yes, there is. That's what makes it so exciting.

You clearly don't know me. I never leave my seat at half time. I just unwrap the food I've smuggled in (which doesn't smell) and sit in comfort, while the nitwits go into the concourse and queue for ages for some overpriced muck that I'd never dream of buying.

A little trip down memory lane...

vnTatT6.jpg

You are the epitome of the fan Danny boy hates. Zero spend in the stadium??? Unforgivable!!

When the stadium opened, all of the food I tried was delicious and reasonably priced. But the last couple of seasons has been a disappointment. If you get food that's freshly cooked, it's ok but if it's been under the warming lamps for a while, it's all dried up. The burger is not too bad but the chips aren't great, and don't get me started on the sausage rolls.
I suggest eating before or after, I can recommend the Noodle King, just across the road from the front of the stadium, absolutely lovely food.

You are the epitome of the fan Danny boy hates. Zero spend in the stadium??? Unforgivable!!
You nailed it. I don't think I've ever bought anything in the stadium. Bought loads of food in Koyum and Chip Town though - and that excellent place in the High Rd that sells Baklava, so I'm helping local business.

Sausage rolls were incredible when the stadium first opened, but they've been pants the last couple of times I've been.

Other than that, the pies, and fish and chips are all good ... can't remember trying anything else.

The irony is the food is awful compared to the price, they are charging gastro prices for shit pub food, much like season tickets v investment in the playing squad.

I quit drinking recently, sober me has no interest in the food on offer but it does make watching us play much more distressing.

The irony is the food is awful compared to the price, they are charging gastro prices for shit pub food, much like season tickets v investment in the playing squad.

I quit drinking recently, sober me has no interest in the food on offer but it does make watching us play much more distressing.
You nailed it.

Katsu curry and pizza used to be good, not had any in a while but the pizzas have definitely got worse since opening.

Foods got as shit as the football since it opened.
Early days you could get a lovely sausage roll, a lovely burger, pizza, fish and chips, the fish/seafood baskett in the market place was excellent.

Now it's all more expensive, lower quality or gone altogether.
The beer, whilst the same as it's always been, has gone from temptingly cheap to over priced.
And Levy no doubt wonders why the stadium hasn't made as much money as planned for. He absolutely underestimated the fans propensity for VFM. Slightly lower prices on all in stadium products temps fans in and to spend money in the stadium.
Over price it and fans stay outside.

You nailed it. I don't think I've ever bought anything in the stadium. Bought loads of food in Koyum and Chip Town though - and that excellent place in the High Rd that sells Baklava, so I'm helping local business.

Yeah I would pop into the organic food market on the high road. Went in one time as it seemed quiet and easy to sit down. It’s quite a nice little place.

Stadium food is a bit shit and bloody expensive so did try to avoid that.

Is it even possible to leave your seat at the half time whistle, get food, then return to your seat for the 2nd half let alone the half time interview?

Never tried, but that's barely possible going for a piss with a much smaller queue.
What are you missing in exchange for your nasal polluting snack?

Don't like it? Don't go.

Or bring a nose peg.

Either way, shut the fuck up. Acting like no football club ever has served food at their grounds.

The food is alright. pizzas, burgers, fish and chips is decent enough for stadium food

Everything I have tried has been decent enough for the volume being knocked out on a matchday. Are people expecting gastropub quality food when theyre knocking out thousands of portions?!

Also don't think £5.20 for a pint of Amstel is bad going. Not as cheap as when the stadium first opened but that was a few years ago now.

Back
Top Bottom