Best food in the stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it's subjective obviously, but is there anything you've bought and eaten in the stadium that you've been particularly impressed, or unimpressed, with? (I know it's expensive - but no more so than a music festival for example - so on context, I actually think prices look ok for a one-off treat to try the food...)

I haven't been to the marketplace, it always seems far too busy so I can't be bothered so I need to stick with the food availble at the Tap Inns or the grills. Shame, because the food down there looks ok.

Chicken and chips: Chicken dry, chips not great. Does the job if you're desperate.
Meat pie: Almost a bolognese sauce inside. Quite nice.
Chicken curry pie: Alright. Quite good for a stadium pie.

I'm interested in trying the ramen pots, though I've never seen anyone have one so I'm almost convinced they don't exist.

Winds me up smelling other peoples disgusting food as they stroll back to their seat around the 52 minute mark.

Ban food in the stadium or at least in the stands. It's 2 hours ffs.. can people really not wait and support the local businesses in the area pre/post game?

I haven't been to the marketplace, it always seems far too busy so I can't be bothered so I need to stick with the food availble at the Tap Inns or the grills. Shame, because the food down there looks ok.

Chicken and chips: Chicken dry, chips not great. Does the job if you're desperate.
Meat pie: Almost a bolognese sauce inside. Quite nice.
Chicken curry pie: Alright. Quite good for a stadium pie.

I'm interested in trying the ramen pots, though I've never seen anyone have one so I'm almost convinced they don't exist.

I had one last time I went. Its like eating soup with a fork.

Winds me up smelling other peoples disgusting food as they stroll back to their seat around the 52 minute mark.

Ban food in the stadium or at least in the stands. It's 2 hours ffs.. can people really not wait and support the local businesses in the area pre/post game?
I can't agree with your suggestion of banning food in the stands. I like my half time snack and it's much more agreeable to consume it sitting in your seat, trying to work out what the hell the half time interviewee is saying.

Ok, so she's thinking Chicken Curry Pie, Fish & Chips or a 'Terrace Warmer' (the ramen pots mentioned above).

Appreciate the point about smelly food etc, and if it were me I'd eat locally instead, but the missus wants to try the food in the stadium, so best to appease her as best I can, it's good of her to come along after all. :) Don't worry we're unlikely to be smelling the place out unless you're in your seat at least 30 mins before KO as that's my best chance of keeping her entertained while I watch the warm up etc. :)

I can't agree with your suggestion of banning food in the stands. I like my half time snack and it's much more agreeable to consume it sitting in your seat, trying to work out what the hell the half time interviewee is saying.

Is it even possible to leave your seat at the half time whistle, get food, then return to your seat for the 2nd half let alone the half time interview?

Never tried, but that's barely possible going for a piss with a much smaller queue.
What are you missing in exchange for your nasal polluting snack?

Is it even possible to leave your seat at the half time whistle, get food, then return to your seat for the 2nd half let alone the half time interview?

Never tried, but that's barely possible going for a piss with a much smaller queue.
What are you missing in exchange for your nasal polluting snack?
You clearly don't know me. I never leave my seat at half time. I just unwrap the food I've smuggled in (which doesn't smell) and sit in comfort, while the nitwits go into the concourse and queue for ages for some overpriced muck that I'd never dream of buying.

A little trip down memory lane...

vnTatT6.jpg

Ok, so she's thinking Chicken Curry Pie, Fish & Chips or a 'Terrace Warmer' (the ramen pots mentioned above).

Appreciate the point about smelly food etc, and if it were me I'd eat locally instead, but the missus wants to try the food in the stadium, so best to appease her as best I can, it's good of her to come along after all. :) Don't worry we're unlikely to be smelling the place out unless you're in your seat at least 30 mins before KO as that's my best chance of keeping her entertained while I watch the warm up etc. :)

Solid point made about appeasing the Mrs. The last game I dragged my partner to was the 7-2 drubbing in the rain from Munich - she has had little interest in returning with me until seeing something about vegan options in the stadium recently.

Getting there early for that reason like yourself would make sense as there aren't too many vegan options in the area to be honest.

Can we take a plastic spoon in with us? Regulations are so weird these days it's hard to guess what will or won't be allowed (generally I mean, not just at our stadium).
Yes (nobody checks for plastic spoons) - but in all seriousness I wouldn't take a plastic knife.

If you choose to go down the snack smuggling route, women and children are the best mules, as the security personnel are almost exclusively male.

Also, I find that smuggling adds an extra layer of excitement to the outing. You never know if your partner or child is going to be refused entry. Great fun.

Back
Top Bottom