Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How does anyone get experience then? Look at Chelsea- playing kids hasn’t done them much harm this season has it and their club will gain in the long run. Ah but let’s wrap Spurs young players in cotton wool bless em
Dead right. We're losing 3-1 to a better team. If you bring on Parrot or even Tanganga, there's the chance they might have a Sessegnon moment. In any case you've blooded them at the highest level, against a world-famous team at an iconic stadium.

But no. Bring on Wanyama. I just can't get my head round that.

If Pochettino had done that the forum would have crashed

Poch lost 2-7 at home with the first eleven, that's a hell of an over achievement - you are one dumb mother, do you ever engage your brain before posting your drivel?

I love it when I hear people say that's Poch over achieved with the players he had. It's almost as if we never had 9 players going into the final and 3rd place game of the World Cup and 11 making it into the knockout rounds. Simply put we had a gem, he couldn't do something with it so onto the next one and rightly so. Sad as he was well loved but facts don't care about feelings and the fact of the matter is we were rock bottom of the form league across all of 2019 domestically despite 2018 having as mentioned 9 players playing a part in the last weekend of the WC.

23 players at his disposal that had played for their country, 26 if you include Dembele up until January as well as Ndombele and Lo Celso this time around. 26 international players yet bottom of the form league. Hardly screams over achievement for the past 12 months does it as you said.

Last edited:
I was offered a ticket but I knew it was going to be a reserve game and decided against it. Went for the Audi Cup. Its a fantastic stadium but you have to climb the stairs to the top. Make sure you take a picture of it illuminated from the outside after the game.
thanks for that tip, used to climbing stairs, we're on Level 5 in the new stadium, one way to get my steps in!! When I went to get my Euros, the cashier asked where I was going, she assumed I was going for the Christmas market, couldn't comprehend that I was going for the football:)

Interesting to see so many people putting out these all reserve formations

Are you guys hoping that in addition to the humiliating record home defeat in European competition we can add to it with a record away defeat scoreline as well?

Hopefully the club has a more practical view of the game and plays a strong side with the likes of LoCelso, N'Dombele and Sessegnon getting some game time in the process
So would you rather lose against Munich In a dead rubber tie, and beat wolves potentially putting us within 3 points of Chelsea before we play them, or put in a good performance against Munich and revenge them for our 2-7 Defeat but go away to wolves tired and get beaten ? Obviously none of this is a given as we could rest players and still get beat by wolves and vice versa , but with a heavy fixture list coming up I would like to see the manager give players rest when ever possible and give some of the fringe players a chance to prove themselves, Munich also sit 7th in the BL so the chances are they will also rest the majority of players as winning doesn’t give them any advantage either .....

Its good that Harry wants to score goals and break records.
Its even better that the Manager has put "team: above "player".

As much as I love Harry, this is what successful managers do to earn their big bucks. Correct call.

Eriksen can fuck off. At least when modric wanted out and we denied his move to Chelsea, he still put in a good year after, and got his move later.
Eriksen isn't fulfilling his contract. He's taking the piss and it's downright unprofessional. His wages should be docked. His ass should be glued to the bench until May. Shockingly unprofessional.

Just on the train back to city centre, and thawing out nicely. Good seat on the corner of the stand near their noisy fans. The orchestration of their support got tiresome after twenty minutes, had nothing to do with the way the game was going.
Although the result was meaningless, I was still wanting the win. Don't think anyone covered themselves with glory or made a case for breaking into the first eleven. Ryan was ok and took his goal well, and Juan looked reasonably solid.
One thing I noticed was their keeper was well off his line on umpteen occasions, but we never really capitalised on that.
I'll be glad to get back to the hotel, it's been a long day.
Goodnight all x

Mourinho changes the starting line up at the last second and starts our strongest team, while Bayern Munich still field their youngsters and we win 14-0

Absolutely the right decision to rest Kane. Any other top club would rest there biggest players in the same situation and Jose is a manager big enough to do that.

Kane will be fine and raring to go on the weekend.

Pissing off our best player is not a good move IMO.
Let's hope Jose has got this right. I am not convinced he has.
H wants to score goals and break records. If he ain't injured he should at least be on the bench.
It’s this kind of mentality that lost us the CL final !

Well maybe not as you said he should at least be on the bench , but that doesn’t fit Into my narrative for an opening

:mourbye:

Back
Top Bottom