Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Such as? That Eriksen is a cunt and Wanyama should be covered with a blanket and put out of his misery?

I'd say pretty much every Spurs fan could have told you that before the game
That's up to Jose to answer

To me , at the very minimum, he's seen how some fringe player reacts against a top side (even if they played in a lower gear for most of the second half) in an CL game
I would imagine he's quite happy with the raw quality of players like Sess, Foyth and Skipp and to some degree KWP when he is put under big pressure, and he will start working on improving them
Probably he's thinking the there is no solution to the midfield problem with the current players, or maybe he's got something new in mind
He is also probably thinking about what to do with GLC, a very talented player going forward, who cannot defend as he wants

Eriksen and Wanyama have played just to give some more experienced presence on the pitch, they are clearly not in his long term plans

Does he not have the ability to watch back his games? I mean the fella is done here.

I've heard that in order to get players sold you sometimes need to play them, "get them in the shop window" not sure how this actually works or is just a myth but maybe that what was being done, maybe we have a buyer lined up in Jan????

But when is Parrott going to get the opportunity if not tonight when Kane hasn't travelled? I want to see the manager looking to the future, not to the past.
1000% this.

Every Tottenham fan on earth could have told Mourinho this and that Eriksen has become a fucking disgrace to the shirt before the game.

This idea that "José has learnt something tonight" is beyond mental.

They were all playing like shit under Poch though. It would be unfair if all the other players get a game or two to show the new manager what they can do and not Wanyama.
But I'd be seriously worried if he thinks he's got a future at Spurs given the reported injury issues he's carried. The only excuse would be that the info we've got about his knees has all be fictitious, the medical team would have all the data, so maybe his knees are fine and he's in perfect condition???

I really think the DM position is cursed for us.

No seriously I genuinely think there is something supernatural going on here. Sandro, Wanyama, Dier etc. All looked absolutely amazing for 18 months or so and then all of a sudden become league one level players.

I just don’t get it. . .

Also although I agree that Skipp should get a chance over Dier, I just know that Jose won’t do it because he wants a DM in there that can win headers. :mourcheeks:

At least the trolls have a chance to come out in force - shame

Sissoko and Dier versus Coutinho, Kimmich and Thiago was always a miss-match ... Sessegnon at least covered Rose but LoCelso and Eriksen didn't get back at all .... you can blame the centre pair all night, and the trolls will, but it's a team game. Off the ball we were awful we simply let Bayern have all the time and space they wanted, Coutinho must have thought it was Xmas just demonstrated the difference between him and Eriksen.

Going forward Eriksen was good three KP's 2 shots and always looking to create, but going backwards zero on every number, no tackles, interceptions, blocks just getting back didn't happen. Shop window and hopefully someone saw enough to take him off our hands.

Sessegnon the big plus for us, and Foyth under huge pressure all night can hold his head up.

Moura up top? Not a great plan, just 21 touches and only seven passes, tough night for him.

We won't play Bayern again until the last four let's hope it's a very different game.

I can see that, and what Deckard says too, but he was dreadful in the second half. Taking off the other two (and yes, I relise that Lucas wasn't doing anything either) made no sense to me whatsoever.

Imagine you're GLC. It's been said repeatedly that tonight is a game to give the lesser-used players a chance. You put in a shift, assist a goal, only to get hooked while a player who has made a tenth of the effort that you have gets to stay on for the full 90, walking about, not giving a flying fuck?
I agree with keeping Lo Celso on. Just think the player to be hooked should have been Lucas, I mean he's been given plenty of mins to date. I don't know enough about Lo Celso and his positions he takes up but if the object was to learn about the players then maybe have Eriksen switch with Lo Celso, although the ball was rarely getting to any of our forwards and when it was they were aggressively pressed.

Does troll mean "someone who saw the game differently to how I did"?

Except he did

Yeah, like how he stood still if the ball wasn't passed to his feet, like how he continually gave the ball away, like how he looked about as bothered as Mr Unbothered, winner of 2019's Unbothered of the Year competition

We can play them in the quarters

Other than that, great insight
No it means the sad cunts on here who never post when we win but can't wait to get on and slam the team when we lose (even in a dead rubber) - if you don't know that where have you been?

Just look at yourself 5-0 win nothing much to say - 1-3 defeat and you're on fire - that's all a bit sad

starsport12.jpg

Okay, some takaways from the game -

- Sessegnon was FUUUUCKIING AWESOOOMEEE. Did you see his speed? Did you see his positioning? Did you see his awareness for passes. Wonderful!

Aaand thats where positive stuff ends.
- Dier- like mentioned in other thread, he is finished. Not doing anything and in all of the games he has played under Jose we have lost midfield battle. Should be categorized same way as Wanyama going forward.
- KWP - just not good enough in any sense. Not strong enough, not in right places while defending, dribbling under pressure too much, can't put in a good cross. Time to sell him to Newcastle, I doubt that he would either enjoy this less-than-10-games-per-season circus
- really hard to judge Foyth beacuse of those 2 factors - life for CB is hard when CM and fullbacks are not properly helping
- Eriksen and Lo Celso were both totally invisible during the game. Ofc can't do everything on their own, but still. Expected more. Though it is hard to judge Moura - he played totally out of position, he should never be the man who takes down the headers near oppo box.

Guess we learned something about our lads and can move on.
Result was not embarrasing and in the end did not matter anyway. On weekend we should have fresh Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Kane and Alli to be used against Wolves, should be better then!

I was pretty disappointed with GLC but I’m still optimistic that he can be a good player for us with some more playing time.
He never really found his place last night and that could be because he is new to the team, he has very few minutes playing time in this group and this, last night, was not a co-ordinated team anyway.
And perhaps he should not play with Eriksen, their styles and field position clash.

It was the performance i expected really.
When we equalised i thought we'd give em a game,but they never really got out of 2nd gear. If Jose had gone with the first team, i think our strikeforce would have smashed their defence.
Dier is unfit,but The boss likes him,so maybe there's reasons for the unfitness. KWP hasn't developed like i hoped and Le celso wont be there in February.
Just my MHO

It will probably be totally different :)

Back
Top Bottom