away to WBA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

drwinston001 said:
and that's Lennon/Bale being crap or getting injured on Saturday. Any more? ;)

Adebayor to have a shocker? :ade:

Stop being so pessimistic and enjoy the fact that only two teams are currently better than us in England, of which one has spent stupid amounts of money and the other has the fergie-factor.

:coys:

In all seriousness at what stage do you go "fuck me lads we may actually be in with a chance here"

For me, if we win every game between now and Chelsea....and beat Chelsea I'll be walking round with a boner all day every day and daring to dream.

But at the same time you just know Man U are going to crank up the pressure at some point and go on an amazing run.
We are, I would suggest, playing at our peak at the moment where as Man U/Chelsea are nowhere near.

Dru said:
In all seriousness at what stage do you go "fuck me lads we may actually be in with a chance here"

For me, if we win every game between now and Chelsea....and beat Chelsea I'll be walking round with a boner all day every day and daring to dream.

But at the same time you just know Man U are going to crank up the pressure at some point and go on an amazing run.
We are, I would suggest, playing at our peak at the moment where as Man U/Chelsea are nowhere near.

When we need a point at home to Fulham on the last day to win the league...until we go 2-0 down in the first 10 minutes to two Bobby Zamora goals.

Dru said:

If we don't lose any of our games between now and the new year then I'll start getting excited about a possible tittle push

yeah I can't see myself seeing us as genuine title contenders unless we had a nice point cushion going into the final few games. Expecting disappointment is just ingrained into my psyche when Spurs are the subject matter.

I'm flicking precum from my bellend every day already so yes I'll be excited but that all depends on whether Woolwich, United and City keep winning too. If we win all those and everyone else starts dropping points I might stick a finger up my bum too.

Dru said:
Come on, if we beat West Brom, Bolton, Stoke, Sunderland and Chelsea you wont be getting excited?
I had all my optimism beaten the crap out of me during the 80's and 90's, it then consolidated to cynicism in the 00's (and anyone who read's that as 'nawty's can gtfo).

So this weekend, after many weekends of reports containing the words 'this is the sort of game spurs would have drawn or lost in previous seasons', and the media frenzied optimism of reaching the dizzy heights of 3rd, just so tabloids have something to write about (in this case 'transfer of power' lazy articles);

I expect us to bombard their goal, fail to convert any number of chances, their keeper to be MOM and us to concede a sloppy one when king goes off at half-time when his knees finally explode.

At which point harry will revert to his traditional 'one of those games' and 'thats football' type soundbites.

Fuck excited, I'm still waiting for it all to turn to rat shit. Then I will feel more comfortable in my support, this 'success' is starting to make me nervous.

633807767228680870_pessimistic_xlarge.jpeg

Team news from Harry this morning - Rafa is struggling with a hamstring problem while Jermain Defoe is also a doubt with a tight groin that forced him out of training early yesterday. Harry admitted that Rafa was struggling for West Brom, but was hopeful JD would make it. "He's been so sharp, I just hope he's fit for West Brom." Niko Kranjcar, Danny Rose, Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone remain out. Don't forget to join us from The Hawthorns tomorrow!

We all know that means Rafa is fit.

Back
Top Bottom