away to WBA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thelonious

The Fighting Cock
Thelonious World Peace
I know it's a touch early but it's partially as we're recording tomorrow night!

It's not been a great ground for us in recent years, what are the chances of Harry picking his team accordingly? Maybe Parker and Sandro in midfield

[formation=4-5-1 GK=Friedel D=BAE King Kaboul Walker DM= M=Bale Parker Sandro Modric Lennon AM= S=Adebayor]Can't see VdV and Defoe being dropped, just putting it out there[/formation]

I fully expect

[formation=4-4-2 GK=Friedel D=BAE King Kaboul Walker DM= M=Bale Parker Modric Lennon AM= S=Adebayor VDV]Can't see VdV and Defoe being dropped, just putting it out there[/formation]

Predictions?

1-1

Also, if anyone fancies doing some recording pre match, feel free to do so and submit to [email protected]

Ok, advice. My first time at West Brom.

From Birmingham new street, whats the best way to get to The Hawthorns?

And what away pub(s) are you lot frequenting?

Cheers lads.

YidoBuckler said:
Ok, advice. My first time at West Brom.

From Birmingham new street, whats the best way to get to The Hawthorns?

And what away pub(s) are you lot frequenting?

Cheers lads.

There is a hotel near the ground which we all went in last seasonw which allowed home and away supporters in. No dramas at all with the baggies fans and ended up having a long convoversation with 2 supporters who we ended up even walking to the ground with. Can't for the life of me remember what it is called but I'm guessing their aint to many hotels around the stadium.

Couldn't tell you about getting their from new street as always driven.

As for the formation gotta agree with thelonious. Would like to see us go with sandro and parker in the middle to add some real steel and try and boss that midfield.

We are better than them in every deptartment and on paper should smash em' but there are no easy games in the prem these days and we never seem to get a decent result against these boys. Fingers crossed we have really turned a corner and we start putting games like this to bed and walk away with 3 points

There is a train that goes from New Street or another station near it, was pissed last time I used the line. to a station called the Hawthorns if my memory serves me correct. But I will be getting a taxi with my mates to the stadium, then the metro from the Hawthorns station back into Birmingham for the way back.

As for the pubs there is loads of pubs in Birmingham in which you will find yids, not sure of near the ground. Best bet is to google it. I'll probs find the wetherspoons in the centre to start with.

yeah, just use the train from New Street to the nearest station for The Hawthorns (can't remember it's name). We drank in the city center when I went last year. Expect a long walk when you get off the train as the police send the away fans on a trek while the home fans who are on the same train walk 100 yards to the stadium.

As for the game, if we play our best we'll win. If memory serves me correctly we were cruising last season until Modric got injured and then they came back into it a little. vdV's first game if I recall correctly, was dead on about 70 minutes but made it until full time. We thought that was down to a lack of match practice, who would've thought that's just the way he's made.

National rail is showing:

Birmingham NS > Smethick Galton Bridge > The Hawthorns.
Birmingham NS (walk) Birmingham Moor Street > The Hawthorns.

Guess it doesn't really matter as long as I get there alright.

YidoBuckler said:
National rail is showing:

Birmingham NS > Smethick Galton Bridge > The Hawthorns.
Birmingham NS (walk) Birmingham Moor Street > The Hawthorns.

Guess it doesn't really matter as long as I get there alright.

Moor Street and a walk rings a bell.

Quick google search and I found this:

By Train/Metro
The closest railway stations are The Hawthorns which is about five minutes walk from the ground and Smethwick Rolfe Street, which is about a 15 minute walk from the ground. The Hawthorns is served by a Metro service from Birmingham Snow Hill station, whilst Smethwick Rolfe Street is served by local trains from Birmingham New Street. The Metro service takes eight minutes to the Hawthorns from Birmingham Snow Hill and trains run every 15 minutes. Please note though that train tickets are not valid on the Metro and that you have to buy a separate ticket for it (ask for a £2 matchday special adult return). Birmingham Snow Hill station is signposted from Birmingham New Street and is around a 10 minute walk away. C Price adds; 'On Halford Lane just below the train/metro stop is a chip shop called the Hawthrones (which yes is spelt incorrectly). Fish and chips cost under £2 and are of good quality and it also serves pies and kebabs'.

Metro sounds like a good bet.

YidoBuckler said:
Thelonious Filth said:
are you going alone YB??

Nah me and the old man are going. He's never been either! Visiting my mrs' in Coventry for the weekend, getting the train from there.
just get a cab from New Street if you're unsure, gives you more drinking time anyway! Shouldn't be hard to find Spurs fans once you get to Birmingham anyway.

Maybe I'm showing my naivety by suggesting that we'll win. I have a feeling it won't play out as smoothly as against villa though. We'll probably barely turn up in the second half and I'll be hiding behind the couch with my fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom