AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

at least in some ways though that was in our hands. we had 90 minutes to at least TRY to get through it. The chelsea thing was like watching your worst nightmare play out before your eyes. I very nearly walked away from football off the back of that match. It just showed that there really is no justice when John fucking Terry is running about in full kit having not even played in the game

I honestly think AVB is the right man for us, he's overhauled the squad in the 18 or so months he's been here, we are a completely different outfit. With Bale leaving in the summer we lost the most threatening winger/forward in the Premiership, replacing him with a 21 year old Argentinian from a different league and no knowledge of the language was never going to give an instant result, not AVB's fault, i'm in no doubt Lamela will be fantastic in 2014. The creativity and 'goal threat' we've brought in is unfortunately stalled by AVB's reliance on this system focused on displacement of the opposition, it's going to take time to get used to, it's a second transitional season in a way, as outside of our back 6 (Lorr,Walk,Daws,Verts,Rose,Sand) everything needs to bed. Also AVB's focus isn't on the sexy side of football, it's far more in the Ferguson mould, a system accommodating two or three star players with the rest of the side being easily rotatable from the bench. I don't think we know who to build our team around, that's my issue, I feel safe with the back four and the Dembele-Sandro pairing as a base, they were fantastic last year, Eriksen-Holtby-Paulinho-Lamela-Sig haven't shown enough to warrant the creation of a system around them, our only true performer so far has been Townsend, and with the greatest respect he isn't decisive or lethal enough either. We just need a Lamela or Eriksen to come into form and create around them a la VDV Modric and Bale, I just hope it happens very fucking soon COYS:avbmad:

Holtby, came in as a promising German captain who had great movement and creativity. In his first appearances he looked a step above everyone else with his movement all over while everyone else stood static. Gradually that has changed and he too seems content to motionless in attack.

Siggy came in after a very good spell at Swansea but has failed to produce similar heights.

Lamela, one Europe's most promising youngsters when we signed him. Now he struggles with control and passing.

Soldado, one of Europe's top goal scorers. Now struggles to get the ball at all when in the box.

If you like AVB or not, the evidence suggests that when players come in here under AVB they lose any sort of potency they had. AVB is doing something wrong and if he continues how he is the players will just continue to look lacklustere and poor.

I honestly think AVB is the right man for us, he's overhauled the squad in the 18 or so months he's been here, we are a completely different outfit. With Bale leaving in the summer we lost the most threatening winger/forward in the Premiership, replacing him with a 21 year old Argentinian from a different league and no knowledge of the language was never going to give an instant result, not AVB's fault, i'm in no doubt Lamela will be fantastic in 2014. The creativity and 'goal threat' we've brought in is unfortunately stalled by AVB's reliance on this system focused on displacement of the opposition, it's going to take time to get used to, it's a second transitional season in a way, as outside of our back 6 (Lorr,Walk,Daws,Verts,Rose,Sand) everything needs to bed. Also AVB's focus isn't on the sexy side of football, it's far more in the Ferguson mould, a system accommodating two or three star players with the rest of the side being easily rotatable from the bench. I don't think we know who to build our team around, that's my issue, I feel safe with the back four and the Dembele-Sandro pairing as a base, they were fantastic last year, Eriksen-Holtby-Paulinho-Lamela-Sig haven't shown enough to warrant the creation of a system around them, our only true performer so far has been Townsend, and with the greatest respect he isn't decisive or lethal enough either. We just need a Lamela or Eriksen to come into form and create around them a la VDV Modric and Bale, I just hope it happens very fucking soon COYS:avbmad:
#keepthefaith

@TEcreation the key word but answers on a postcard to avb whl your contribution could bring a happy xmas to thousands of boy and girls dont hesitate pick up that pen now fuck the bear with the bandage your club needs you

@TEcreation the key word but answers on a postcard to avb whl your contribution could bring a happy xmas to thousands of boy and girls dont hesitate pick up that pen now fuck the bear with the bandage your club needs you

a) PISSED/HIGH
b) ANGRY
c) ENGLISH IS 2nd LANGUAGE
???

brilliant post. especially the comparison with the fergie system which isn't something i'd really thought of before

Back
Top Bottom