AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

anyway this thread isn't about Ted so that's enough on that subject from me.
Purely objectively, everyone has to admit that the manager is now under the most pressure he's had since he came into the job. We'll really see what he's made of in December.
If the season does end up being a disaster then I'll accept that he probably will need to go. Not because I would demand it as such but more because he will lose far too much backing from the fans and media for the board to tolerate.
Sacking now though is not the answer for me.

Purely objectively, everyone has to admit that the manager is now under the most pressure he's had since he came into the job. We'll really see what he's made of in December.
If the season does end up being a disaster then I'll accept that he probably will need to go. Not because I would demand it as such but more because he will lose far too much backing from the fans and media for the board to tolerate.
I still think he deserves to finish this season at least - then we can make a decision in the summer

Back to the revolving door is not the answer at this stage, imv

So it's all about Jimmy

Ah I get it out now

When I called this..... Where were you ?

Start your own thread

Ok fair point, and an opinion you are entitled to. Yes he is under pressure and quite rightly so, he has got it wrong so many times this season. I have backed him up to now, that may well be because I called for him in the first place, maybe I didn't want to admit I was wrong, well now i'm going to admit, I was wrong. No way on this earth should we have lost the way we have lately. No way on this earth should we have only scored 9 goals in 12 games with the talent we have. I am as low as i've been for a long long time. It's time for a change in my opinion.

I still think he deserves to finish this season at least - then we can make a decision in the summer

Back to the revolving door is not the answer at this stage, imv

Why though, why not give the new man the rest of this season to bed in?

9 goals 12 games could be the new 2 points from 8 games.

Ok fair point, and an opinion you are entitled to. Yes he is under pressure and quite rightly so, he has got it wrong so many times this season. I have backed him up to now, that may well be because I called for him in the first place, maybe I didn't want to admit I was wrong, well now i'm going to admit, I was wrong. No way on this earth should we have lost the way we have lately. No way on this earth should we have only scored 9 goals in 12 games with the talent we have. I am as low as i've been for a long long time. It's time for a change in my opinion.

its ok mate. we'll be alright :adebaehug:

How old are you and how many years have you been supporting spurs. Probably irrelevant but humour me as it would really help to contextualise your point of view
He is probably quite young and Spurs is definitely not one of the teams he supports (or plays on FIFA)
Fuck off you self indulgent twat.
I'm 47.

Show some respect.

You haven't ever been to WHL
I have

And you are the worst kind of cunt. The one with multis

I guess that makes you a multi-cunt

#multicunt
At least I'm not a

#goonertroll
Sonny boy.
You are clearly a multi gooner troll.
Games up
Sonny boy.
You are clearly a multi gooner troll.
Games up
so 12 then
Probably even less
Humour you

Has your mother ever told you that you are very needy.
Still sucking your mammys titties?

Toddler_notListening.jpg

FUCKING STOP IT!!!
LISTEN TO YOURSELVES!!!!!!

I THOUGHT 6-0 WAS BAD!!

@ 1882 1882 hence why i've just drawn a line under it. sorry!

you're a solid fan. interested to hear how you feel on the manager situation after today.

Sorry, didn't mean to rope you in with the other quotes... I got carried away from the top of the page!

I'm bereft of ideas for how we fix this... stick with AVB and more of the same, or panic and sack him, and we're back to a transitional period, not to mention an exodus in Jan!!!

...I honestly reckon we're cursed!

Sorry, didn't mean to rope you in with the other quotes... I got carried away from the top of the page!

I'm bereft of ideas for how we fix this... stick with AVB and more of the same, or panic and sack him, and we're back to a transitional period, not to mention an exodus in Jan!!!

...I honestly reckon we're cursed!

No matter what happens I just constantly keep thinking back to THAT champions league final.
That Robben penalty goes in and it's (probably) us buying Oscar and Hazard, keeping Modric and getting an actual striker in.

These last two seasons still feel like the fall out from that.

It's a tough call but I think Levy will stick with him bar a MASSIVE collapse that goes into the new year. If that does happen then AVB only has himself to blame I guess. For no I'm prepared to support the manager regardless. He works tirelessly for Spurs to succeed. Something we all want.
If he gets it wrong he gets it wrong and will suffer the consequences. He doesn't deserve the vitriol people throw at him as he's only ever represented the club with class and dignity.

These are the reason why he was sacked by Chelsea, no cohesion, passion, spark, creativity, leadership. I'd say that's prety much how you could describe our recent outings. He has learnt nothing from his mistakes.

No matter what happens I just constantly keep thinking back to THAT champions league final.
That Robben penalty goes in and it's (probably) us buying Oscar and Hazard, keeping Modric and getting an actual striker in.

These last two seasons still feel like the fall out from that.

It's a tough call but I think Levy will stick with him bar a MASSIVE collapse that goes into the new year. If that does happen then AVB only has himself to blame I guess. For no I'm prepared to support the manager regardless. He works tirelessly for Spurs to succeed. Something we all want.
If he gets it wrong he gets it wrong and will suffer the consequences. He doesn't deserve the vitriol people throw at him as he's only ever represented the club with class and dignity.

...and if David Dein hadn't shat in our Lasagne, then no doubt we'd have been competing to be in THAT final in the first place!!

Back
Top Bottom