Audi Cup 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Roles was one of the 5 designated, it was class too.

Best we forget about Eriksen's

All 3 must have impressed Poch in training to be given the task of taking penalties ,- and it looked as if Harvey White would have taken the next one.

Takes some bottle, but also technique to strike the ball well to score as youngsters in the squad. Capped off decent performances from all of them in the 4 preseason matches.

I will say it again. Kane is looking in fantastic shape. He might well be back to his phenomenal best, when he used to average a goal a game. And I will predict that for once, he will get off to a flying start this season.
Almost all of our players have had a full pre-season, it shows. Our lads training this morning too, on top of playing yesterday, on the whole, we look very sharp. Only players who have looked off the pace for me was Sissoko (not today though), Winks and to a lesser degree Lucas who's the first touch (one lovely lay off tonight aside) has been heavy and his passing has been off. Buts that's all probably usual for any player in pre-season to be fair on them.

And to think we are no longer playing every single game away from home.

To think, we've come so far together. Through thick and thin, good times and bad times. Times when I thought we'd never survive.
But here we are. At the end of the road. The peak of the mountain. The top of the world.

The

Audi

Cup

Bit embarrassing really.

Aurier is better than Tripps, not perfect and we can do better than him but he much better than Tripps. KWP is probably on par with Tripps right now, but I've watched him for years and I hope a run of games will make him comfortable and more confident, he's better than Tripps at taking on the oppo, he also gets up and down the pitch better (Tripps simply didn't track back when he was up the pitch). I doubt if he has the stamina to do this all game, we will see. He can play out from the back better than Tripps, this is good for balance. He does need to work more on his positioning and closing down the oppo better, but Tripps was also shit at this, in fact, I'd still that KWP has better recovery that Tripps, there may be a penalty given away because of it but I prefer to t=see a defender trying to defend than not even bother waving his hands in the air on the edge of the box. On balance they are all better than Frodo, two with higher ceilings worth investing time in.

Still to be convinced by Aurier - no pace and too many reckless challenges Incl sliding tackles in penalty area giving away penalties in his first season. Hardly featured last season so don't know if he has improved.

Yes, I also heard that but was being polite for the integrity of the forum...

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom