Arrys off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BrooklynYid said:
I'm sorry- why do people think AVB would be a good replacement? I'd hate it. He was terrible- I know chavski had ego issues, but his squad selection was bizzare. Just curious to hear your reasons.
Because of his record at Porto.

I suspect it' smuch the same as Rodgers at Liverpool. Untested really elsewhere so this will be the point where we see if he can cut the mustard.

AVB is too big a risk IMO. We could get the Porto style manager, or we could get the Chelsea fuck up. Who knows?

I think AVB would suit us better than Chelsea. Not sure he's any more of a risk than any of the other popular candidates for the job.

Not wild about the man, but then again Redknapp has a stench, as well.

To be fair on AVB he was on a hiding to nothing at Chavs, he wanted to stamp his style on them but met serious player politics which virtually destroyed morale in the dressing room. Soon as Di Matteo stepped in and did as he was told by Terry etc Results improved although the performances were not that much better.

- two 4th places, a 5th place
two FA Cup semis and a Carling Cup Final
plus a quarter Final in CL

yes think ice for Redknapp especially after the champage stuff we have been served up for the last 20 years.

having said that as a fan i need some motivation for the new season and I am sure so do the players - if that is a new man so be it- otherside we do need to get off to a good start- otherside can see him leaving before Xmas

Smoked Salmon said:
1882 said:
There's no way in hell Harry's off to the Middle East... All Muslim countries innit... they don't DO BACON SARNIES!! and it's all Mint tea... so he can forget about finding a good decent cuppa splosh!

Actually, in the UAE they sell pork products to non-muslims for exactly this reason!

Aw bollocks, so we're fucked then... he's off! Damn you and your attention to UAE details!

I was looking at the PaddyPower odds the other day - their favourites were very sobering with Moyes at the top. Had to look quite far down the list before I'd actively support pursuing some of them. Nevertheless, I'd happily take the following:

Klinsmann (not my favourite)
Mourinho
Poyet (not sure but worth a gamble)
Ancelotii
Rodgers (don't know why he is still that high up on the list)
Hughton (again, very unlikely now)
Guardiola
Bilic (probably my favourite out of the cheaper/realistic options)
Hiddink
Jol (impossible and would fail but fuckit)
Rijkaard (meh)

HyNdZee said:
I was looking at the PaddyPower odds the other day - their favourites were very sobering with Moyes at the top. Had to look quite far down the list before I'd actively support pursuing some of them. Nevertheless, I'd happily take the following:

Mourinho
Ancelotii
Guardiola
Hiddink
Rijkaard (meh)

Sorry to piss in your cornflakes, but Bilic has already signed a contract with Lokomotiv Moscow, to start once Croatia leave the Euros.

Makes that list even shorter...

brighty said:
HyNdZee said:

Mourinho
Ancelotii
Guardiola
Hiddink
Rijkaard (meh)

Sorry to piss in your cornflakes, but Bilic has already signed a contract with Lokomotiv Moscow, to start once Croatia leave the Euros.

Makes that list even shorter...

Ahh Jesus. My cornflakes are very soggy now indeed.

Looks like we're doomed to mediocrity with David diarrhea face Moyes. Or we could possibly win a cup and get relegated in the same season with Martinez!

Again- the underlying problem remains- there is no stability. If Harry is gone- I think Levy has to take some blame here. We've had blogs and posts about how important this summers transfer window is, and here we are still trying to figure out who our manager is. No stabilty. One of the main reasons Jol was a hero (IMO) - when santini fucked off and arnescum left shortly afterwards- Jol stuck around and steadied the ship-and how did we thank him for that? If Harry's the one rocking the boat (which could be the case) Levy needed to have someone lined up - pull the trigger- and stop drawing this out. The list of potential realistic replacements above is simply not good enough. David Moyes won't last 2 years in London. Martinez?- I'll give him 2 months. Capello- 2 minutes.

BrooklynYid said:
Again- the underlying problem remains- there is no stability. If Harry is gone- I think Levy has to take some blame here. We've had blogs and posts about how important this summers transfer window is, and here we are still trying to figure out who our manager is. No stabilty. One of the main reasons Jol was a hero (IMO) - when santini fucked off and arnescum left shortly afterwards- Jol stuck around and steadied the ship-and how did we thank him for that? If Harry's the one rocking the boat (which could be the case) Levy needed to have someone lined up - pull the trigger- and stop drawing this out. The list of potential realistic replacements above is simply not good enough. David Moyes won't last 2 years in London. Martinez?- I'll give him 2 months. Capello- 2 minutes.

How do you know the players didnt speak to Levy about Jol losing the plot when he was sacked? We were shocking in those last few months?
How do you know Harry has gone? Is going?
What do you mean Jol 'stuck around'? He would have been offered a contract BY LEVY

You seem to be putting blame at Levys door here for stuff you dont know about.

Dru said:
BrooklynYid said:

How do you know the players didnt speak to Levy about Jol losing the plot when he was sacked? We were shocking in those last few months?
How do you know Harry has gone? Is going?
What do you mean Jol 'stuck around'? He would have been offered a contract BY LEVY

You seem to be putting blame at Levys door here for stuff you dont know about.

1.By players grumbling about Jol- do you mean Berba?
2.I don't know Harry's gone- I'm chiming in on this topic because I'm bored and everyone else is throwing there ideas in.
3.Jol did outlast arnescum and santini- and turned down Ajax.
4.I know we stabbed Jol in the back for Ramos. Is it fair to presume that Levy is somewhat responsible for that? Also- I did say it could be Harry rocking the boat.

I'm not solely blaming Levy, but I don't blindly follow anyone. There seems to be a divide between the support of - follow Harry or follow Levy. Truth is there most likely is blame to be shared.

I meant how do you know some more senior players didnt go see Levy about Jol as they supposedly did with Ramos.
I dont get your point about Jol sticking around though, did you expect him to just leave when Santini did?

We dont know what goes on behind the closed doors at any football club yet we feel the right to blame people for the very things we know nothing about.

Nah, he flirted with them when he was here.

But despite whatever Levy's mistakes have been in the past, I think he's conducted his shit well for the last couple of years. Blaming him for not having a decent replacement for Redknapp lined up long ago seems a bit harsh, since we've had such trouble identifying who out of the realistic and available candidates would be a good replacement.

Thelonious said:
BrooklynYid said:
Thelonious said:
Jol made fluttering eyes at Newcastle and used this to try and negotiate with Levy......
Wasn't that when he was managing Ajax?
when he managed Spurs
If true- he flirted with a fat chick. I do it when I'm drunk. Sometimes it takes that to get the mrs appreciating you again. Doesn't mean I'm leaving my fit mrs. Regardless- I get your point- the behind the scenes is behind the scenes and I'm not an ITK. Again- these are my opinions based on what I read. I don't really see the difference in this discussion than that of a transfer debate blaming agents, wages, etc.

Back
Top Bottom