Are the next generation of fans getting excluded from matchday experiences?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree completely with LLB PD's position on this.

Ultimately it's about how we treat kids and families. People have pointed out, reasonably, that (e.g.) airlines charge the same for a 3 year old as for an adult, which is true (and in fact the margins may well be higher on the lightweight 3 year old). OTOH, cinemas for example charge less for kids. It' s a subjective matter, and my feeling is because football clubs are not ordinary businesses, but are cultural and community assets, there is an even stronger argument for charging kids less than adults.

I agree completely with LLB PD's position on this.

Ultimately it's about how we treat kids and families. People have pointed out, reasonably, that (e.g.) airlines charge the same for a 3 year old as for an adult, which is true (and in fact the margins may well be higher on the lightweight 3 year old). OTOH, cinemas for example charge less for kids. It' s a subjective matter, and my feeling is because football clubs are not ordinary businesses, but are cultural and community assets, there is an even stronger argument for charging kids less than adults.
No, that’s not true. Airlines charge adult fares from 12, not 3.

Hi - you're right in that I was a bit sweeping, though in fact many airlines do charge full fare for kids over 2, some don't. Depends on airline and perhaps route.

Easyjet, the UK's largest airline by passenger numbers, for example, charges the same for everyone over 2. Under 16s don't pay tax, but the fare is the same.

I think the point stands, though appreciate your point of order!

LLB Part Deux LLB Part Deux - It's worth keeping an eye on matches because there are original/club sold tickets appearing for the Brentford match. I just saw a pair together in the mid tier of the Paxton which are available as concessionary pricing including Juniors.

Think they must be sponsors/supporter clubs returns or some such. Obviously they only come back for sale at pretty short notice so again not ideal, but if you happen to be available then it's a possible.

LLB Part Deux LLB Part Deux - It's worth keeping an eye on matches because there are original/club sold tickets appearing for the Brentford match. I just saw a pair together in the mid tier of the Paxton which are available as concessionary pricing including Juniors.

Think they must be sponsors/supporter clubs returns or some such. Obviously they only come back for sale at pretty short notice so again not ideal, but if you happen to be available then it's a possible.
I received an email this evening:

“Secure your seat for our next four Premier League games. Tickets are available exclusively to OHM via Ticket Exchange for our next four home matches, including tomorrow night's game against Brentford.”

Thanks. I've been checking a few times a day, still looking for an elusive pair but if we get much closer I'm going to be grabbing some singles as close together as possible and looking to do some horse trading in the ground. Hopefully we get considerate seat neighbors in that case.

I missed a couple of singles in the South this morning as I was waiting for confirmation from my brother in law.

I'm hopeful that a few will pop up as the game gets closer.

Thanks. I've been checking a few times a day, still looking for an elusive pair but if we get much closer I'm going to be grabbing some singles as close together as possible and looking to do some horse trading in the ground. Hopefully we get considerate seat neighbors in that case.
If they're in the same row you should be OK, but if they're in different rows it could be a right mission trying to find singles to swap.

I missed a couple of singles in the South this morning as I was waiting for confirmation from my brother in law.

Few weeks ago there was a pair in the 4th or 5th row south stand for both Brighton and Wolves, same pair, but they got put in someone's cart before I could snag them. Gutted.

I reckon going on Brentford that in the week leading up to the game there will be a few coming up.

I know it's sat 3pm v wed 7.30 but it always seems people only list them a week or so before the game.

If they're in the same row you should be OK, but if they're in different rows it could be a right mission trying to find singles to swap.
What about if I offer one of these?

dumb-and-dumber-iou.gif

:wanyama:

Here's a question that's come up for me:

When you go to buy seats on the exchange there's a message that says

"Please check your seat details as there may only be single seats remaining. Should you purchase single tickets we may not be able to relocate your seats."

Further, I found a post from last year on Reddit where someone claims they were able to contact someone in the "ticket office" about swapping around seats to sit next to their partner.

I haven't seen anything stating that the ticket you buy might be moved, but has this happened?

I reckon going on Brentford that in the week leading up to the game there will be a few coming up.

I know it's sat 3pm v wed 7.30 but it always seems people only list them a week or so before the game.
Out of 60,000 fans you will always get a couple of hundred who can’t make it at short notice. Hopefully MemphisWill MemphisWill and Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor will be sorted.

Back
Top Bottom