Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This argument pep or whoever couldn’t get us to press and play passing football is a bit of BS. How comes some trans get new managers who then get said sane players to play a totally diff brand of football. How do Brighton , wolves and a few other teams actually play decent football with the players they have? Surely we have better players than Brighton. In fact didn’t someone post that Brighton under new manager now create far more chances than under potter. Btw how did potter get Brighton from play shit football under high tin to being able pass and transition the ball from defence to attack. It’s BS a coach will get the players his way regardless of quality. Look at Burnley in half a season how has kompany changed their whole methodology from dyche. They are chalk and cheese.

You think Pep will get Dier and Davies playing out from the back, Skipp playing like De Bruyne or Bernardo Silva. Pep came to City and came 3rd in his first season despite having the best squad in the league, he needed a lot more. He doesn’t compromise with what he wants and how he plays. Neither Conte nor Pep have had to compromise much in their managerial career, they work with the best and expect the best. We ain’t set up for that so yes I would expect Pep would not work here whatsoever.

This is why I wanted Ten Hag, Potter, Poch and the like and why I don’t want Tuchel as our next manager. We are not built to deal with uncompromising managers who have only worked with mostly the best.

We had our best start in prem history.

For the calendar year only City scored more goals at one point.

Only really started playing really badly just before the WC.
Nah, even during our 5-2-0 start, the analytics didn’t say we were doing that well.

And then we came back from the first international break with a tame loss to Woolwich and were just 4-0-4 until the WC. two of those losses at home to Newcastle and liverpool. 2 of the wins comebacks against Bournemouth and Leeds where we conceded 5 goals.

Nah, even during our 5-2-0 start, the analytics didn’t say we were doing that well.

And then we came back from the first international break with a tame loss to Woolwich and were just 4-0-4 until the WC. two of those losses at home to Newcastle and liverpool. 2 of the wins comebacks against Bournemouth and Leeds where we conceded 5 goals.
Yep. We really weren't ok early in the season. The results flattered us. West Ham away was shocking and lucky to get a point, Wolves at home a nothing game that should have been 0-0, we struggled at a then desperate Forest. The best performances were Southampton opening day and City last week. Otherwise its been average to dreadful all season

A lot gets made of managers losing dressing g room’s, well this feels like the dressing room lost its manager. He clearly doesn’t want to be here. It was a money gig while he had fuck all else on.

We look utterly fucking rudderless. No defined style or tactics, players allowed to underperform and get picked week after week. We are atrocious without the ball, clueless with it. Games are a lottery.

We need a complete fucking reboot.

Conte and Paratici out. New recruitment analytics team. New DOF. New head coach. New direction. New identity.
Where’s the money for that overhaul going to come from?

Some analytics didn’t say we were doing well.

Real won the champions leagues when some analytics weren’t saying that they were playing well.

You are right about after woolwich tho

Made my feelings on this absolute clown very clear for months, but I've never despised a Tottenham manager more than this moron.

Lost the players, lost his real hair, and I just pray he loses his job.

I hate him for the way he's made me feel about my club. Admittedly l, I'd slowed down anyway, but I used to go home & away, 20 to 30 games a season. I now can't even be bothered to go the front room to switch the TV on.

Whenever it happens, I will be absolutely over the moon when he goes. The day cannot come soon enough.

Chelsea bastard. Fuck off.

Made my feelings on this absolute clown very clear for months, but I've never despised a Tottenham manager more than this moron.

I hate him for the way he's made me feel about my club. Admittedly l, I'd slowed down anyway, but I used to go home & away, 20 to 30 games a season. I now can't even be bothered to go the front room to switch the TV on.

Whenever it happens, I will be absolutely over the moon when he goes. The day cannot come soon enough.

1997-11-20T000000Z_1_MT1ACI155038_RTRMADP_3_ENGLAND-SOCCER-TOT.JPG

You think Pep will get Dier and Davies playing out from the back, Skipp playing like De Bruyne or Bernardo Silva. Pep came to City and came 3rd in his first season despite having the best squad in the league, he needed a lot more. He doesn’t compromise with what he wants and how he plays. Neither Conte nor Pep have had to compromise much in their managerial career, they work with the best and expect the best. We ain’t set up for that so yes I would expect Pep would not work here whatsoever.

This is why I wanted Ten Hag, Potter, Poch and the like and why I don’t want Tuchel as our next manager. We are not built to deal with uncompromising managers who have only worked with mostly the best.
Agree with your manage choices. All I’m saying it’s not impossible for managers to work lower quality players and getting them to play decent football. Show some pass and move you don’t have to be technically gifted to make a pass and then run for a return. Potter did it well with his Brighton players. Of course some of our are dross but a half decent coach would still have us better organised and have some semblance of attacking style.

Luv it wish the players and cunte would show the same passion. He needs to fuck with stupid whining and blaming everyone else!

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

It not even like his pre-season yielded any kind of results either.

On an unrelated note, imagine this twat gave Skipp and Sarr proper minutes before now. We wouldn't be in a situation where they're expected to start the biggest game of their lives without any real build up.

I have faith in them, but it's still a terrible position for them to be in.

Back
Top Bottom