Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m all for pointing the finger at Enic for the shit they deserve but Conte has more than his fair share of the blame in this situation.
Yeah, there's more than enough blame to go around. We didnt do enough in the summer or January and its clear the board will do the bare minimum. But we have more talent than the likes of Brentford and Brighton so why do they look better than us? Why has Eddie Howe improved average players and Conte hasnt?

We won't beat AC Milan midweek then we'll draw or even lose to the Spammers in the league...and it's arivederci Antonio.

Next, we'll give it to Giggsy Mason til end of the season, then go in for Rodgers in the summer, promising him to bring in Maddison + Barnes + Iheanacho over from Leicester along with a quality new GK and CB x 2...only to serve him up all our returning rejects like Dombs and that Argie cunt

We will not go for Rogers

He might be a better coach in the truest sense of the words and bearing how our club works this maybe more important.
Tuchel is the ultimate "counter attack" manager. He has like 3 separate systems that he shifts between depending on what his opponents style is.

You don't set up to counter Tuchel. He sets up to counter you.

Vast majority of the fans.

I didn't ever get as far as saying "out" personally, but I had the distinct impression that the consensus was that he'd burned out and lost the dressing room (something that some player testimony concurs to); not that the fans thought a new manager was the proverbial missing piece and that there were no mis-givings about the players (Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Davies, Lamela, Sanchez)?

Yeah, there's more than enough blame to go around. We didnt do enough in the summer or January and its clear the board will do the bare minimum. But we have more talent than the likes of Brentford and Brighton so why do they look better than us? Why has Eddie Howe improved average players and Conte hasnt?

That’s not really his MO. He normally starts with top players then revs them up to cross the finish line and pick up the title, he is the icing on the cake but we have no cake.

I always felt that for Conte to work you bring him in and with the state of our squad spend £400m. Get Bastoni, Gardivol, Brozovic etc, he knows how to get the best out of elite players like Pep.

If we had Pep it would be the same situation, Pep trying to get Dier to pass like John Stones and Hojbjerg to pass like Rodri but it just doesn’t work.

Brighton and Brentford have long term integrated plans. Newcastle in Howe have a manager used to working with average players and adapting.

We are the only club that seems to hire elite managers to use with average squads. Think of an elite Sushi chef being given roll mop herring and crap sticks to make the meal.

That’s not really his MO. He normally starts with top players then revs them up to cross the finish line and pick up the title, he is the icing on the cake but we have no cake.

I always felt that for Conte to work you bring him in and with the state of our squad spend £400m. Get Bastoni, Gardivol, Brozovic etc, he knows how to get the best out of elite players like Pep.

If we had Pep it would be the same situation, Pep trying to get Dier to pass like John Stones and Hojbjerg to pass like Rodri but it just doesn’t work.

Brighton and Brentford have long term integrated plans. Newcastle in Howe have a manager used to working with average players and adapting.

We are the only club that seems to hire elite managers to use with average squads. Think of an elite Sushi chef being given roll mop herring and crap sticks to make the meal.
He won league titles with Victor Moses and Ashley Young but yes i get your point. I had reservations but i thought his appointment signalled a change in the level of player we were looking to recruit. Ha! But despite all that he's been terrible this season, stubborn, inflexible, boring, disorganised at the back, no cohesion up front. He just isnt earning his not inconciderable salary.

He won league titles with Victor Moses and Ashley Young but yes i get your point. I had reservations but i thought his appointment signalled a change in the level of player we were looking to recruit. Ha! But despite all that he's been terrible this season, stubborn, inflexible, boring, disorganised at the back, no cohesion up front. He just isnt earning his not inconciderable salary.
Exactly. We by no means have a world class squad, in fact we’ve got some glaring weaknesses, but the latter half of last season shows it’s not anywhere near as bad as it currently appears. He’s not getting more than the sum of the parts out of the squad, if anything he’s got them performing worse than they should be

Exactly. We by no means have a world class squad, in fact we’ve got some glaring weaknesses, but the latter half of last season shows it’s not anywhere near as bad as it currently appears. He’s not getting more than the sum of the parts out of the squad, if anything he’s got them performing worse than they should be

This. Whatever the ressons it's not good enough.

Next, we'll give it to Giggsy Mason til end of the season, then go in for Rodgers in the summer, promising him to bring in Maddison + Barnes + Iheanacho over from Leicester along with a quality new GK and CB x 2...only to serve him up all our returning rejects like Dombs and that Argie cunt
Fuck that. Rodgers becoming Spurs manager is nightmare material.

He won league titles with Victor Moses and Ashley Young but yes i get your point. I had reservations but i thought his appointment signalled a change in the level of player we were looking to recruit. Ha! But despite all that he's been terrible this season, . stubborn, inflexible, boring, disorganised at the back, no cohesion up frontHe just isnt earning his not inconciderable salary.

Most managers who win things tend to be very inflexible. They can be as they believe in their system and believe if they have the right players it will work and Conte has proven it does at other clubs.

We have a squad with big holes, therefore a manager like Conte or Pep or Klopp you either buy the players to fix the holes or you don’t hire them.

Conte’s system is heavily reliant on good ball playing CB, we have 1 Romero. He might do better if he became more flexible but then again as Poch showed with the diamond as the squad was aging and less able to press it doesn’t always work.

Conte did his job last season getting us to top 4 but if we aren’t going to get him the players he needs it’s over. This isn’t really Conte’s fault or dare I say it Jose or Nuno’s.

This is the fault of the club for having no logical long term plan to build a squad and system. All short term plays, we are like a drug addict getting that shot of heroin giving us temporary happiness.

We will get a new manager and in 18 months be back here complaining about the guy being ‘’stubborn, inflexible, boring, disorganised at the back, having no cohesion up front’’. Same things I heard about, AVB, Jose, Poch, Nuno etc, it just goes on and on in a cycle.

It’s why I don’t care if Conte stay or goes or if a new manager comes in. I only care now about ENIC selling up.

Last season's best XI:
Hugo
Doherty / Romero / Dier / Davies / Sess
PEH / Benta
Kulu / Kane / Son​

We've shipped out no-one that you'd consider a loss since he's been here. Since we wrapped up 4th last season (as the 3rd best performing club from Nov-May):

Incoming:

Rich
Biss
Spence
Forster
Perisic
Lenglet
Porro
Danjuma

...And yet virtually every game has been a struggle (or worse).

It's perfectly simple.

Conte is accountable for the weaknesses in our current performances. ENIC is responsible for the total lack of any plan going forward.
Imagine this: they are so fucking clueless they cling to Conte like a lifeboat in rough waters. 45m spent on Porro to appease Conte when canning him would have cost less than 10m.

It's been painfully obvious from very early in the season that we are playing too many shit defenders and we needed to take one out and add another midfielder as we're far too easy to play against in the middle of the park. Crazy that some thought we needed to play a back 5 because our defenders are shit when clearly we need less of them on the pitch because they are an absolute fucking liability. Conte has not been what I expected him to be and does not warrant the money being paid for him. The amount of times we've been getting beat comfortably only to see him make subs too late in the game that are usually more defenders and keeping the back 5 is absolutely unfathomable and lunacy. He looks beaten and ready to go and I think the teams performances are reflecting this and as such I think he should leave with immediate effect in the hopes we can rescue something from this season.

Back
Top Bottom