Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if hhe continues with this football, people will turn oon it quick
Same with Mourinho. Everyone can tolerate shit football when you're winning. When your not what is there to enjoy? Its not like this is a 3 year project or we're bringing through a load of youngsters. Its 1 defeat but lets be honest this could have easily happened at Chelsea, West Ham or Forest. Still got a fair chunk of credit in the bank from last season but needs to sort this out sharpish if we want a decent season.

Let’s call it how we currently see it:-

Conte is Mourinho with wing backs.
I wouldn't say that, his tactics are good, but he's doing a lot o mistakes managing the squad.

First an more obviou for me is Emerson, we were playing a very good football last season when Doherty was playing RWB, because we need a RWB that is able to offer something in attack, either creating space os crossing, Doherty was good at both, Royal sucks at both and don't even need to be marked by opposition, he's one of the worst players I have ever seen play in 25 years a I watch football.

Second, Royal being so shit guarantees no one needs to focus on him, it also make the player that are in front of him, playing RW, inactive most of the game. So, other team defenses can just focus on Kane and Son.

Three, Kane and Son are under control most of the game, so Kane has no space to create, hence he looks slow with the ball, and Son doesn't have space to run behind the defense. Sums to that that Son is having a stinker from 7 games now and...

Fourth, Son should be rested, as some others, players can't play every game without getting tired, sums to that the training routine that's pretty hard and we should have been having a lot more of rotation in the squad.

Dropping a bang in form Kulu for Richarlison and sticking with Son is just bizarre after his speech about everyone having to accept rotation.

He might be confused.

Would been easier if his job was just about winning but it is not. Club is about making money first and foremost. winning is like 3rd in the order lol.

So Conte might have to struggle trying with the Kane ball longer. How much longer? Too long imo because this season is the last chance for some time

He might be confused.

Would been easier if his job was just about winning but it is not. Club is about making money first and foremost. winning is like 3rd in the order lol.

So Conte might have to struggle trying with the Kane ball longer. How much longer? Too long imo because this season is the last chance for some time
Wtf are you talking about.

There is a huge correlation between winning and making money. Guarantee he isn’t playing son just to get some extra views from South Korea

When we’re winning, everything will be fine with Conte. He’s an aggressive winner and we’ll be getting what we see.

But when we’re not winning there’s not a lot else being offered by conte’s spurs. Normal that knives are out.

Wtf are you talking about.

There is a huge correlation between winning and making money. Guarantee he isn’t playing son just to get some extra views from South Korea

You don't have to ask for it. I guarantee you will see all aspects because it's a long comparative season as usual and it is not going to let Spurs fuck around again. The question is that is this the special season or going to be just another.

I do rate Conte, and think in general we are lucky to have him. However I think it is clear his substitution game is a bit lacking. He doesn't seem to make any big calls early. You look at other top managers like Pep/Nagelsman and they routinely will make subs early if they see strategically they maybe got it wrong.

No it wasn’t , the game was there to be won in the first half , of we’d only stepped up the pace , It was rather ponderous , which was the disappointing part
When was the last time we looked electric though? I feel we only really look good if we manage to get an early goal, as countering suits the way he plays. If we don't score first it just looks so dull.

Back
Top Bottom