Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas Moura is finished, it’s not a gaffe he’s been fine out. Surely you aren’t suggesting he’s competing with those four? Hahahahaha
to have no respect for his players is the kind of thing that ruins the dressing room.
it's clear lucas is not on the same level of the other 4, but he is part of the team. if someone get injured he will become the first sub and a smart coach should be careful to keep all the players of the team involved

to have no respect for his players is the kind of thing that ruins the dressing room.
it's clear lucas is not on the same level of the other 4, but he is part of the team. if someone get injured he will become the first sub and a smart coach should be careful to keep all the players of the team involved
He’s so shit, Conte will find an alternative solution. Perhaps pushing PEH up, or playing Sanchez left wing. Anyone, anything is better than Lucas and Conte had found him out

I know xG isn’t the be all and end all, but using that (and watching the games) we tend to have the better chances. Yes, we were crap against Chelsea and West Ham but we have had the better chances against other sides. Marseille was as lethargic as it gets but that’s on the players and even then we had the best chances and won.
We had better chances V Chelsea IMO. Kane and Son were both in on goal and fluffed up.

I don’t really understand the hysteria from some people about the football we play. It’s not like under Jose where we would refuse to attack after going 1-0 up. We don’t hold onto the ball well which is frustrating, but we also create a lot of chances, we score a lot of goals, we don’t tend to concede many. After the last 12 months of Poch, Jose then Nuno to find ourselves back in the Champions League is pretty incredible. When a few players find their shooting boots we could be beating a few teams by 4 goals like the back end of last season. It’s early in the season, a very strange, congested season; collect points, and move onto the next game.
Generally agree, but it's actually players finding their passing boots. The way Conte has set us up to play requires pinpoint accuracy with our passes and that's what's at the root cause of us not creating more chances. If we get our passing out of midfield straightened out, it won't matter if we miss a few chances, because we will be creating so many more.

Oh come on it was a ost after the gane where we were generally crap. If you saw a different game then that’s your entitlement.
I do hope we start to improve our play. As I’ve said I’d love a performance like the one we gave chavs at Wembley where we attacked with pace and intensity.
you are defending your one post but I’m saying it’s all of your posts. I’d love you to find a positive post from yourself as we beat Woolwich and Norwich at the end of last year. You need to learn to mix it up so you don’t stand out like dogs thingys.

nothing personal, but I don’t understand why Admin Admin havent weeded you out. If I try and sign up for Southoftheriver-Mania I can’t post for a bit without them checking my posts first until I’m trusted not to be a troll. But in TFC it seems to be a free for all for trolls from other teams.

I think he was talking about the upcoming games, not overall. Since Lucas is out, he only has 4 options up front. As to why he didn't include Gil, I don't know. Perhaps the question that was posed to him was regarding specifically Son, Kane, Deki, and Richie?

He needs to rotate as many players as possible that aren't going to the WC into the 11 at this point.

People are starting to play cautious football with it this close. We need aggression.

Perisic is an old man. I want us to sign young players with high ceilings, not just 30+ year old men who Conte goes to the Bingo with.
Of all the players to moan about tonight Perisic is pretty low on the list. Also we signed Spence this window which literally contradicts what you’ve said. Most of our signings under Conte have been 25 or under.
You only come on here after losses so you can moan.

I’d like to see Conte use his squad better, we have 4 midfield options, we have 3 right backs so please play the ones in form. I expect some changes for the Leicester game as this is 2 really lacklustre performances in a row.
Conte is a world class manager, he gets it right a lot more than he gets it wrong but today he got it wrong and it cost us.

Back
Top Bottom