Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m going to be honest and say I’m really not fussed by his comments after the Burnley match. I think they came from the heart of someone feeling incredibly disappointed and frustrated. To me the comments show that he cares which is more than can be said for half of the players on the pitch that night.
Yet again it was another lacklustre performance in a game we should have been dominating. I‘m really fucking fed up of it so if it takes a Conte outburst to change things then I’m all for it. He’s one of the top managers in the world and if we fuck it up with him then we genuinely have no hope of any success going forward. We’ll descend to mid table obscurity.
Agree... plus, far worse was said about our club from actual Spurs fans (myself included!)

I fucking hated us midweek... absolutely despised every single one of them... I doubted everything about my support and the club I've loved for almost 50 years... fuck, I even touted my own old Spurs programme collection on here if I remember rightly (but yeah, PM me, I really need to get rid!)

...but here we are... 3 hours prior to k.o and i'm all in again.... that's football... that's what Spurs does!

it's an emotional game... and I for one am glad we have a manager who gets that.... even IF he didn't grow up supporting us!

To be fair I don’t get this, if it’s true that is, with the whole state of journalism and everything.

Did he not do any homework before making a career choice? Check where we’d finished the last couple of seasons or the results we were getting under Nuno? Just watching two or three games would have told him where we’re at. We were eighth when he took charge FFS.

I think he’s talking more about the sporting culture within the club. We have a football operation that allowed us to go from one of the fittest teams in the league under Poch to the absolute worst in the league under Nuno. I’m sure it was shocking for Conte to see just how far standards had fallen. How can a club pretend they are serious about top 4 when their players are not even fit? For the physical condition of the players to be so bad there has to be incompetence and apathy at every level of the club.

I think he’s talking more about the sporting culture within the club. We have a football operation that allowed us to go from one of the fittest teams in the league under Poch to the absolute worst in the league under Nuno. I’m sure it was shocking for Conte to see just how far standards had fallen. How can a club pretend they are serious about top 4 when their players are not even fit? For the physical condition of the players to be so bad there has to be incompetence and apathy at every level of the club.
There is also a lot of things that Levy has his nose in and constantly ‘pitches in with ideas’.
Wouldnt be surprised if fitness and other departments are rampant with favouritism and nepotism instead of proper top1% professionals.
We saw the beginning that Levy wants managers to work with the staff he provides and tries not to get in entire teams in that comes with managers

Watching a few games under Nuno would have shown this. In fact the whole Nuno appointment should have made it obvious how much work was needed, no club with actual top 4 ambitions who know what they're doing make that appointment. That was the peak of our ineptitude, we can only really go forward from there. As bad as some results have been lately, it's never been close to as depressingly hopeless and stale as it was under him.

I completely disagree. When the match is over, you can always try to spin it how you like it(not just you, talking in general), that he should have played x or y players.
In my mind he put the best available squad, that gave us a win, against the best team in PL for the last couple of years.
He would have been a madman to not choose the same or similar to the same squad.
Sorry mate but games v City and Burnley are chalk and cheese. One pushes forward leaving gaps on the counter for you. The other sits back and invites you to break them down which Sessegnon and Royal don’t have the ability to. Don’t take my word for it. The 1-0 loss shows I’m right

Sorry mate but games v City and Burnley are chalk and cheese. One pushes forward leaving gaps on the counter for you. The other sits back and invites you to break them down which Sessegnon and Royal don’t have the ability to. Don’t take my word for it. The 1-0 loss shows I’m right
not just burnley, weve struggled for years to break down sides that force us to take the initiative and actually create stuff in the final 3rd

The loss to Burney was not simply down to Sessegnon and Emerson only - far from it. Wing-backs can't win games alone.
First of all, to win games...Spurs need to score goals. And they didn't vs Burnley. And that was not just down to Emerson & Sessegnon. The whole team "failed" against Burnley.

The loss to Burney was not simply down to Sessegnon and Emerson only - far from it. Wing-backs can't win games alone.
First of all, to win games...Spurs need to score goals. And they didn't vs Burnley. And that was not just down to Emerson & Sessegnon. The whole team "failed" against Burnley.
Never said it was down to them alone. But different tactics and personnel were needed to beat Burnley and Conte failed to appreciate that

Yeah almost same squad, but this time with Winks 4-0, don't take my words, 4-0 shows i'm right !

Exactly what i'm trying to tell them, but this blinded fanboys, always, and i mean always when we are losing find 1 player, and jump on the manager, but always after the match and criticize the chosen squad, no matter if he play the best players or not.

I explain it like 100 times, and everyone with 2 unbiased eyes can see that Conte tried every single player on the team. He gave everyone a chance. If he decided to play the X players, so this is the best possible players he have for the week.

I also explained that football is far from only what you see on the pitch. He is there every single day and can evaluate them on the training ground and what he needs from them as a quality and contribution for his style of play.

But some people just going to complain no matter what.

Different opponents to Burnley. Surely even you can see that. This Leeds term are famously open and are the sort of team we do well against. You don’t quite seem the full ticket. Never mind
Yeah, yeah more excuses.
Go became a manager then if you understand so much. You don't know better then the coach, cause what you see in a match is 1/10 on what's going on.

Again there is a reason why you are here, and Conte is a serial winner.

Yeah, yeah more excuses.
Go became a manager then if you understand so much. You don't know better then the coach, cause what you see in a match is 1/10 on what's going on.

Again there is a reason why you are here, and Conte is a serial winner.
Oh fuck off. You dick- we had all this the manager is a serial winner bollocks with Mourinho. It didn’t wash then and it doesn’t now. No manager is bigger than our team. Take your blind unquestioning adoration elsewhere. If Conte does some stuff that doesn’t make sense to me I’ll call him out on it. I’m not gonna hold back just because we have some sensitive fanboys on here. When Conte disappears so will you with your tail between your legs.

Last edited:
You just a hater bro.
You can't compare Mourinho and Conte. There have nothing in share.
Mourinho was past his best like 4-5 years(maybe even more) before coming to us. He was absolutely done, and he absolutely refuse to chance.

Last 3 teams Conte coaches, he won them a League title - facts. He won the goddamn league with a team that hasn't won anything for 10 years, and his best place were 4th.
Sorry but you are screaming incompetence.

When you change so many managers, just what Conte said, maybe the problem aren't in them.

Maybe you should learn something and trying to understand other people points, and when they don't agree with you, instead of insult/swear?

Love the fact that we were able to attract a manager of his quality but think his comments and attitude recently are pretty disrespectful to the club. Not the chairman, or the board, but the club ie the fans.

Fans sing the guys name every week and I think frankly he should to stop whinging (to put it nicely) and get on with the job of improving the team he has got. Don't like having our name and reputation dragged through the mud for anybody, Conte included.

This latest result ought to keep his knickers dry for a week or so anyway.

You just a hater bro.
You can't compare Mourinho and Conte. There have nothing in share.
Mourinho was past his best like 4-5 years(maybe even more) before coming to us. He was absolutely done, and he absolutely refuse to chance.

Last 3 teams Conte coaches, he won them a League title - facts. He won the goddamn league with a team that hasn't won anything for 10 years, and his best place were 4th.
Sorry but you are screaming incompetence.

When you change so many managers, just what Conte said, maybe the problem aren't in them.

Maybe you should learn something and trying to understand other people points, and when they don't agree with you, instead of insult/swear?
Yes I can and I just have. Both managers appear to have their daft fanatical followers. I am a hater according to you cos I questioned whether he should have played a different team in the Burnley game despite them throwing up different challenges to City. You are just blind to the possibility that Conte is human and doesn’t get everything right- which makes your analysis in any given situation pointless. Have a great day

Love the fact that we were able to attract a manager of his quality but think his comments and attitude recently are pretty disrespectful to the club. Not the chairman, or the board, but the club ie the fans.

Fans sing the guys name every week and I think frankly he should to stop whinging (to put it nicely) and get on with the job of improving the team he has got. Don't like having our name and reputation dragged through the mud for anybody, Conte included.

Shh you’ll upset some on here!

No lol

Back
Top Bottom