Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love the fact that we were able to attract a manager of his quality but think his comments and attitude recently are pretty disrespectful to the club. Not the chairman, or the board, but the club ie the fans.

Fans sing the guys name every week and I think frankly he should to stop whinging (to put it nicely) and get on with the job of improving the team he has got. Don't like having our name and reputation dragged through the mud for anybody, Conte included.

This latest result ought to keep his knickers dry for a week or so anyway.
I think the fans are on Conte's side and most agree the players ain't good enough. I'm glad he is saying as much publicly because it might put levy under more pressure to back this manager.

To be fair I don’t get this, if it’s true that is, with the whole state of journalism and everything.

Did he not do any homework before making a career choice? Check where we’d finished the last couple of seasons or the results we were getting under Nuno? Just watching two or three games would have told him where we’re at. We were eighth when he took charge FFS.
I think he had in his mind the tottenham from when he was at Chelsea. Far better than today.

I think he had in his mind the tottenham from when he was at Chelsea. Far better than today.

Can't see it. He's an extremely intelligent, competent person. More so than any of us, and I'm pretty sure everyone on here would do their research before taking on a new job. He definitely looked at how we played under Jose and Nuno.

Hence why my feeling was that there must've been elements to how the club is being run that weren't obvious on the outside that has surprised him. Or he could have just been trying to apply pressure to the board. There has to be something beyond him just rocking up and not knowing we weren't great these days.

Can't see it. He's an extremely intelligent, competent person. More so than any of us, and I'm pretty sure everyone on here would do their research before taking on a new job. He definitely looked at how we played under Jose and Nuno.

Hence why my feeling was that there must've been elements to how the club is being run that weren't obvious on the outside that has surprised him. Or he could have just been trying to apply pressure to the board. There has to be something beyond him just rocking up and not knowing we weren't great these days.
He's just playing games. He's a bit of a big kid really. He knows full well the reality. He would have seen Mourinho's issues. He just does not like losing. He won't quit He's a vain driven egotistical battler. He will make noise in the hope it's forces Levy to cede to crazy levels of spending for Spurs thus summer. Only were this NOT to happen would he walk.

To be fair I don’t get this, if it’s true that is, with the whole state of journalism and everything.

Did he not do any homework before making a career choice? Check where we’d finished the last couple of seasons or the results we were getting under Nuno? Just watching two or three games would have told him where we’re at. We were eighth when he took charge FFS.
He thought he had players in Dele, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sanchez, etc because of those players reputations.

He’s done a better job getting a tune out of players of limited ability than Mourinho did on the whole, but some of the big and expensive enigmas just weren’t salvagable.

Which is what underlines his comments on the transfer window.

all managers have ego's and think they are the one that can get the best from the under proforming players,
some maybe listen to the media trying to tell us that this/that player has a great foot or eye for a pass etc
how many here have listened to match commentetors who talk up our players and you think " you have not seen this lad play for along time"

So what is the problem?
Is it fitness? is the team that is good enough to beat City on the Saturday not fit enough to play again on the Wednesday?
Or is it because the players are unable to learn the game plan in under 5 days to play a totally different team and style?

Or the players can’t get themselves motivated to play again in such a short space of time or the coaching staff don’t prepare the players sufficiently?

Could be anything really, but one overwhelming positive is that Conte has done it in England before. Sure that Chelsea team had no Europe, but they still had to win games, as we found out to out detriment. If we think back to how good we were that season, that Chelsea team won 15 games in a row towards the end of the season. We simply couldn’t catch them and we were a great side that year, probably Poch’s best team. We’ll be into one game a week territory soon. Let’s hope he can also have a similar effect on our side.

Or the players can’t get themselves motivated to play again in such a short space of time or the coaching staff don’t prepare the players sufficiently?

Could be anything really, but one overwhelming positive is that Conte has done it in England before. Sure that Chelsea team had no Europe, but they still had to win games, as we found out to out detriment. If we think back to how good we were that season, that Chelsea team won 15 games in a row towards the end of the season. We simply couldn’t catch them and we were a great side that year, probably Poch’s best team. We’ll be into one game a week territory soon. Let’s hope he can also have a similar effect on our side.
Actually, it was the first half of the season they won 15 in a row and we beat them in their 16th game in Jan/Feb time. We then had better form and were reeling them in. I believe we had a better PPG from then on.

Antonio Conte's family plans give clue to long-term Tottenham future​

Antonio Conte's future at Tottenham has been in the spotlight in recent weeks, with the Spurs boss even admitting that he is ready to quit in the best interests of the club

By
Matthew Dunn
  • 22:30, 28 Feb 2022
  • UPDATED22:42, 28 Feb 2022

Tottenham manager Antonio Conte is still living in a hotel in London four months after joining the club.

The 52-year-old’s circumstances were revealed when Christian Eriksen mentioned that the first person he met after checking in for his football relaunch at Brentford was the man who had been his boss at Inter Milan.

In a similar way, Conte spent a year in a hotel suite when he first came to London as Chelsea manager in 2016 - living alone while his wife Elisabetta and daughter Vittoria remained in Italy.

However, after a successful first season at Stamford Bridge in which Conte took the 10th-placed team to the Premier League title, the pair settled in England for his second season in charge.

Having moved back to Italy a year later when he was sacked after winning the FA Cup but failing to deliver Champions League football, they remained there when Conte agreed to replace Nuno Espirito Santo at White Hart Lane in November.

And this time there are no plans for Conte’s domestic circumstances to change any time soon.

“I remember very well in my first season at Chelsea my family stayed in Italy and then came to England,” he said.

“But my daughter, she is now 14 years old. It is bad to again change school and change her location now she is starting to have friendships.

“I understand it.

“I also have this responsibility with her.”

That does not mean that Vittoria would be shy about jumping on a plane with her mum to join Conte when the opportunity arises.

“At the same time I know that my daughter loves England and loves London and it would be easy to bring her back again to London,” Conte said.

In the past, Conte has admitted that his wife - who he finally married in 2013 after the couple had already been together 15 years - was a useful sounding board for how he is doing in his coaching role.

“My wife knows me very well,” he said in a 2017 interview for GQ magazine. “I didn't go out with her till after I stopped playing so she only knows me really as a coach.

“At the start of the season at Chelsea, my wife watched the early games and at the end she said, ‘Look, Antonio, I saw the previous games with the previous team. They listened to you.

“‘These players are not listening to you.’”

Certainly right now Conte’s family are never far from his thoughts as Russia ’s invasion of Ukraine continues.

I'm so sick of Conte's wingback system. Honestly, it's not working and it's not going to work particularly against the low block.

We need Son and Kulu playing like real LW and RW. Not deep lying AM type of players.

Son is looking multiple times more dangerous when he receives the ball further up front and out on the LW. I'd imagine the same applies to Kulu.

Conte needs to seriously figure this out.

Back
Top Bottom