Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When you are so small you have to be exceptional.
I do not see Gill as being that good I hope I am wrong but I doubt very much he will be good enough in our league.
Yes time will tell but he could be another Aaron Lennon!!

Nice one conte. He loves tottenham and knows were a proper club and has good connection with fans. Hope our fans laud him 2moz. About time a manager stood up to levy. He means well levy but hes running club with hands tied behind back. We want success.

He’s mad as a box of frogs but I like it.

One good summer is all it needs, doesn’t even have to be spectacular signings, just the right signings.

Redknapp took us over about the same time of the season (2 games earlier but a worse situation) and had a very topsy turvy rest of season before we ended up mid table. In the summer he got letters he could use. Never thing you know, we’re finishing 4th and playing the best football we ever had in the premier league era.

Give Conte the summer, back him, and I think next season will surpass our expectations.

Antonio Conte on his comments after Tottenham's defeat to Burnley:

"Why? Because I tell the truth? If you tell the truth, you destabilise? In my opinion - my family said to me - with the truth, you grow, with a lie you destabilise people."

"I always say, when I arrive in one place and I find a place in a way, when I have to go away from this club, I have to leave this club much better than I found it. For sure, it will be the same for this club."

"I have my vision and for sure, day by day, also the club is understanding which is my vision, but also I am a person who hates to lose and maybe in this club, not many are used to having this type of person."

So is his truth destabilising or his lie. I'm confused.

Antonio Conte on his comments after Tottenham's defeat to Burnley:

"Why? Because I tell the truth? If you tell the truth, you destabilise? In my opinion - my family said to me - with the truth, you grow, with a lie you destabilise people."

"I always say, when I arrive in one place and I find a place in a way, when I have to go away from this club, I have to leave this club much better than I found it. For sure, it will be the same for this club."

"I have my vision and for sure, day by day, also the club is understanding which is my vision, but also I am a person who hates to lose and maybe in this club, not many are used to having this type of person."
Think it's clear he's staying (if he left now he'd see it as being defeated, and like he says, he doesn't like to lose), but if Levy tries to short-change him in the summer window - after likely reassuring him enough to keep him here - he'll fuck off by Christmas.

He doesn’t half talk a load of shite.

But he’s right on one thing. This squad has a losing mentality. It can’t be repaired. There’s still another half dozen to get rid of. We have all known that for at least a couple of years.

The players we bring in may not even be any better technically but mentally different story.
True. Even our best players do not believe lime they did under Pich because they got used to failure. Big fails Against Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool etc. Can Conte fix that?

Chances are we will beat Leeds because the squad we have has fck all creativity in the middle so we are effectively stuck with a counter attacking brand of football. Now most managers will simply change things up when they play us but the Leeds manager is either to brave or stupid to ever change. This probably just about provides conte with some more time to try to figure what to do and for levy to avoid anymore pressure. But with it being winks and Hoj in cm that may not occur.....

I do think conte has been told a pile of lies by levy who will have him on a nda, but I don't think levy realises the sort of hate building against him which would just explode if conte walked. Imagine if he did! Wow the bald weasle would be in hiding

Surely part of the reason for our failure on Wednesday was that we treated the opposition in a similar manner to the game against City when what was needed was a different approach. Bergwijn and Moura would have been better creating space for others through their willingness to take players on out wide than Sessegnon or Royal were ever likely to be against Burnley. And that in my opinion is down to Conte. It’s alright people speculating on Conte leaving and Conte himself dropping hints but he needs to take his fair share of blame
I completely disagree. When the match is over, you can always try to spin it how you like it(not just you, talking in general), that he should have played x or y players.
In my mind he put the best available squad, that gave us a win, against the best team in PL for the last couple of years.
He would have been a madman to not choose the same or similar to the same squad.

thats just nonsense! do you watch the games? anyone is better than winks in midfield! hes offering nothing, in possession or out of possession! so anything is better than nothing. danny rose came on against real madrid in the champions league before and slotted into cm and did fine. so 90% of that squad should be a better option in midfield than that little weasel.

its actually a lot worse than offering nothing, hes football suicide. yes tanganga is shit but thats still better than the self harming we get from playing winks.

winks last 10 league starts
wolves 2-0 loss (90 mins)
southampton 3-2 loss (90 mins)
chelsea 2-0 loss (89 mins)
leicester 3-2 win (74 mins...bergwijn game)
southampton 1-1 draw (90 mins)
liverpool 2-2 draw (90 mins)
leeds 2-1 win (90 mins)
palace 3-0 loss (60 mins)
leicester 4-2 win (90 mins...last game of season)
villa 2-1 loss (74 mins)

11 points from 30.. relegation stuff

so the last 10 league games hes started weve beat a poor leeds side 2-1, beat leicester thanks to bergwijn scoring 2 in last 30 seconds, and beat leicester in a dead last game of the season....anyone is better!!!
90% of the squad is dog ......, so your point doesn't make any sense.
Tanganga was terrible in the matches he was given credit and played. Trying to play him even in different role, sorry but i don't see this as a positive outcome.

There is a reason Winks has almost 200 matches under our team, and that reason is not that all the managers are blind, or he is that damn good, but because we got no ***** better options than him, most of the time, simple as that ?

Also blaming just 1 guy for our loses is next to pathetic, sorry. This is a typical biased fanboy view of a situation, they choose 1 player that is guilty for all of our loses, and they use him as excuse to everyone else.

I won't agree with your points at all.
I don't rate Winks, but when we have injuries/fatigue or so, he obviously is going to play, cause we got no better options.

To be fair I don’t get this, if it’s true that is, with the whole state of journalism and everything.

Did he not do any homework before making a career choice? Check where we’d finished the last couple of seasons or the results we were getting under Nuno? Just watching two or three games would have told him where we’re at. We were eighth when he took charge FFS.

To be fair I don’t get this, if it’s true that is, with the whole state of journalism and everything.

Did he not do any homework before making a career choice? Check where we’d finished the last couple of seasons or the results we were getting under Nuno? Just watching two or three games would have told him where we’re at. We were eighth when he took charge FFS.
agree, Conte is rich and doesn't need to jump at any job
so surely he and his agent checked out the squad before coming here ?
he knows the DoF must have asked him about the squad ?

just by looking at the ECL games he could see the second 11 were not good enough for even these matches
yes his ego would think he culd turn Kane around, but Dele has had 3 managers trying to turn him round and none have done it

I’m going to be honest and say I’m really not fussed by his comments after the Burnley match. I think they came from the heart of someone feeling incredibly disappointed and frustrated. To me the comments show that he cares which is more than can be said for half of the players on the pitch that night.
Yet again it was another lacklustre performance in a game we should have been dominating. I‘m really fucking fed up of it so if it takes a Conte outburst to change things then I’m all for it. He’s one of the top managers in the world and if we fuck it up with him then we genuinely have no hope of any success going forward. We’ll descend to mid table obscurity.

Back
Top Bottom