Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sign Rudiger???

Monsters Inc Fainting GIF by filmeditor
Good player on a free

Definitely a sore loser it seems.

Which yes, a lot of top level managers are. But it probably helps the likes of Pep and Klopp that they have been at their clubs for a long time and have built up a lot of good will with their respective fanbases.

I like Conte, but bitching and moaning after 4 months on the job and a few losses is not the greatest look.
What surprises me is he is no mug and would have done his work before joining about the squad and its strength's and weaknesses. Yes more becomes apparent when you are working with them day in day out and in matches but he shouldn't be that surprised by what he has found.

Also (and I know there will be those who disagree) but he must be pretty delusional to expect to sort all his issues in one January transfer window. He knows it takes longer than that.

I get being upset, we are all upset but we the fans have no control over what happens on the pitch, he seemingly should.

So grow a pair and suck it up and accept that you have at least some influence about what happens ( at least I fucking hope so), stop whinging about your team when you have 14 games left before being able to change anything.

What surprises me is he is no mug and would have done his work before joining about the squad and its strength's and weaknesses. Yes more becomes apparent when you are working with them day in day out and in matches but he shouldn't be that surprised by what he has found.

Also (and I know there will be those who disagree) but he must be pretty delusional to expect to sort all his issues in one January transfer window. He knows it takes longer than that.

I get being upset, we are all upset but we the fans have no control over what happens on the pitch, he seemingly should.

So grow a pair and suck it up and accept that you have at least some influence about what happens ( at least I fucking hope so), stop whinging about your team when you have 14 games left before being able to change anything.
Yeah. Obviously the club has to back him to implement his vision. But on the other hand he seems to also be a bit too wedded to his preferred system. Like, did we need to play as defensively as we did against Burnley?

I have no problem with defensively strong, counter based football. In fact, I like it when it works well. But you should expect a coach of Conte's calibre to be able to adapt a bit as well to put together the best system to suit the players he has on hand.

I 100% get him being upset after a loss, I am an awful loser myself.

Calling the players some of the best he has ever worked with, and then calling them not good enough just a few days later cannot be good for squad moral either.

It took Klopp 4 fucking years to become elite. Remember how poor Liverpool were before him? I'm not sure Conte is the guy who will wait that long.
They got to champions league final in 2018 and Europe final in 2016. Think after his first season when he joined in October he got top 4 every season.

thats just nonsense! do you watch the games? anyone is better than winks in midfield! hes offering nothing, in possession or out of possession! so anything is better than nothing. danny rose came on against real madrid in the champions league before and slotted into cm and did fine. so 90% of that squad should be a better option in midfield than that little weasel.

its actually a lot worse than offering nothing, hes football suicide. yes tanganga is shit but thats still better than the self harming we get from playing winks.

winks last 10 league starts
wolves 2-0 loss (90 mins)
southampton 3-2 loss (90 mins)
chelsea 2-0 loss (89 mins)
leicester 3-2 win (74 mins...bergwijn game)
southampton 1-1 draw (90 mins)
liverpool 2-2 draw (90 mins)
leeds 2-1 win (90 mins)
palace 3-0 loss (60 mins)
leicester 4-2 win (90 mins...last game of season)
villa 2-1 loss (74 mins)

11 points from 30.. relegation stuff

so the last 10 league games hes started weve beat a poor leeds side 2-1, beat leicester thanks to bergwijn scoring 2 in last 30 seconds, and beat leicester in a dead last game of the season....anyone is better!!!
Let’s try some of that ENIC have been good owners positivity on your message

It might be relegation form , but we wouldn’t be cut adrift like Derby and Swindon were. We would take it to the last 3 games on that form

Lowering standards is not the answer, how can Levy not understand that? We need to raise standards, not lower them. Conte is 100% right about that.

Anyway I think one of the major reasons why Conte has been so upset recently is not just the defeats, it's that they are being caused by the same type of goal. Exactly the same type of goal every time. Cross from out wide towards the penalty spot. Not blocked, not cleared. We did it against Chelsea, Southampton, City and Burnley. First Wolves goal was a long shot that wasn't blocked too. The players are conceding goals that are not acceptable. The opponents are not having to do anything special to score. We won't win another game until we start doing the basics properly again.

Antonio Conte on his comments after Tottenham's defeat to Burnley:

"Why? Because I tell the truth? If you tell the truth, you destabilise? In my opinion - my family said to me - with the truth, you grow, with a lie you destabilise people."

"I always say, when I arrive in one place and I find a place in a way, when I have to go away from this club, I have to leave this club much better than I found it. For sure, it will be the same for this club."

"I have my vision and for sure, day by day, also the club is understanding which is my vision, but also I am a person who hates to lose and maybe in this club, not many are used to having this type of person."

Lowering standards is not the answer, how can Levy not understand that? We need to raise standards, not lower them. Conte is 100% right about that.

Anyway I think one of the major reasons why Conte has been so upset recently is not just the defeats, it's that they are being caused by the same type of goal. Exactly the same type of goal every time. Cross from out wide towards the penalty spot. Not blocked, not cleared. We did it against Chelsea, Southampton, City and Burnley. First Wolves goal was a long shot that wasn't blocked too. The players are conceding goals that are not acceptable. The opponents are not having to do anything special to score. We won't win another game until we start doing the basics properly again.

I know that some members here are taking aim at Conte's reactions, and maybe they have a point. However, just as much as Conte should have known about the workings of Levy and co., Levy should also be well aware of the Conte's outbursts and passion. Goes both ways methinks.

"Why? Because I tell the truth? If you tell the truth, you destabilise? In my opinion - my family said to me - with the truth, you grow, with a lie you destabilise people."

"I always say, when I arrive in one place and I find a place in a way, when I have to go away from this club, I have to leave this club much better than I found it. For sure, it will be the same for this club."

"I have my vision and for sure, day by day, also the club is understanding which is my vision, but also I am a person who hates to lose and maybe in this club, not many are used to having this type of person."

This is what it comes down to. We do not have enough people at any level of the club who demand that Tottenham win. Even on a restricted budget, you have to aim high. It's the motto of the club FFS.

He doesn’t half talk a load of shite.

But he’s right on one thing. This squad has a losing mentality. It can’t be repaired. There’s still another half dozen to get rid of. We have all known that for at least a couple of years.

The players we bring in may not even be any better technically but mentally different story.

I think this pretty much confirms once and for all that the idea he was just spouting rubbish after Burnley was wrong. Here is a calm Conte saying that what he was saying was the truth .. can we all accept that he meant it now?

The 'in this club, not many are used to having this type of person' seems a clear dig at the hierarchy too, seems like someone who is displeased with the way things are being run here. We could be in for a long ride..

A lot of overreaction. Conte is not going to leave after half a season. Now if we sell Kane and Son next summer and bring in Dzeko and Ashley Young then maybe. Not much has changed since he took the job regarding the structure of the club. We brought two players in. We really only got ONE player out permanently. If he leaves then it looks bad on him because he’s basically quitting because the jobs too hard. We’re currently heading the right direction still I think (as opposed to the Nuno hire), hopefully we continue but certainly need more changes in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom