Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We should sack him!!!
Say any more goofy shit post-match, Antonio... 🤌🤌🤌

Robert Redford Nod GIF

But I’ll set my alarm tomorrow to watch it!
And that's the thing, we all will.
Whether Conte stays or goes.
Whether Kane stays or goes.
Whether Enic stays or goes.
Whether we win the league or get relegated. (As some of us have seen on our lifetimes)

We'll all tune in/turn up and support the team.

Except maybe Igula, who'll probably give this a disagree as well, ho hum

Whether we win the league or get relegated. (As some of us have seen on our lifetimes)

😉

If Conte is playing Winks, he obviously doesn't have a better option.
thats just nonsense! do you watch the games? anyone is better than winks in midfield! hes offering nothing, in possession or out of possession! so anything is better than nothing. danny rose came on against real madrid in the champions league before and slotted into cm and did fine. so 90% of that squad should be a better option in midfield than that little weasel.

its actually a lot worse than offering nothing, hes football suicide. yes tanganga is shit but thats still better than the self harming we get from playing winks.

winks last 10 league starts
wolves 2-0 loss (90 mins)
southampton 3-2 loss (90 mins)
chelsea 2-0 loss (89 mins)
leicester 3-2 win (74 mins...bergwijn game)
southampton 1-1 draw (90 mins)
liverpool 2-2 draw (90 mins)
leeds 2-1 win (90 mins)
palace 3-0 loss (60 mins)
leicester 4-2 win (90 mins...last game of season)
villa 2-1 loss (74 mins)

11 points from 30.. relegation stuff

so the last 10 league games hes started weve beat a poor leeds side 2-1, beat leicester thanks to bergwijn scoring 2 in last 30 seconds, and beat leicester in a dead last game of the season....anyone is better!!!

Last edited:
When you're angry and lash out, do you say stuff you don't mean?

Yeh.

Or do you say stuff you really do mean, but wouldn't usually say when you're controlling yourself?

.....Both have been known.

When someone is in this scenario where they're angry and their blood is up, they're open. They aren't doing PR bullshit, they aren't holding back, they're saying what they feel. That's what Conte did after Burnley.
I do think he's a man who knows being totally open was probably a mistake because the impact on the players could be negative. He was too open with his emotions and admits that, this doesn't mean the emotions expressed were false. He absolutely kicked out at the club when he said we've had lots of managers but the same players.

Evidently he emoted to the point of being incorrect......

"Same players"; yet 19 players signed from Poch's last window to date.

Let's break it down:

Kulu > Newbie.
B'cur > Newbie.
Rom > Not here under Mason/Jose/Poch. Injured for most of Nuno's brief tenure.
Royal > Not here under Mason/Jose/Poch.
Sess > Was out on loan last year so to say he's let Poch/Jose/Mason down is wrong.
PEH > Only signed last season (yet played ahead of Winks, TN, GLC & Dele since Conte arrived).

That's 6 of the Burnely starting XI right there.

Now lets look at those that have been around the longest:

Kane, Son, Hugo = Our 3 most highly regarded 3 players.

So that's 9..........

Dier / Davies > On the whole been good for Conte.

That leaves (from the bench):

Winks > Fair cop
Lucas > Ditto (if one is not a Lucas fan)
Berg > Ditto (if one is not a Berg fan)

I don't think he's weak and/or subservient.

Me neither; but some of the agenda-driven crap that gets spouted certainly paints him as such.

Rich to suggest one element of the fanbase needs to learn lessons .. only one side is being consistently proven wrong about where this team is at on the field and how happy Conte is.

The truth is usually to be found in the middle-ground; like it has been over the last fortnight.... That's the lesson to be learned.

Most of you lot thought we were well in the top 4 race, some still do!

Who's my "lot", mate?

(Always best to stay out of the JohnThomas zone! 👍)

Yeh.

Both.....

Evidently he emoted to the point of being incorrect......

"Same players"; yet 19 players signed from Poch's last window to date.

Me neither; but some of the agenda-driven crap that gets spouted certainly paints him as such.

The truth is usually to be found in the middle-ground; like it has been over the last fortnight.... That's the lesson to be learned.

Who's my "lot", mate?

(Always best to stay out of the JohnThomas zone! 👍)

Fair enough. I don't find that. I usually find I say things that I've been thinking but wouldn't usually say when calm, normally I wouldn't create issues I didn't have before. To me it sounded like a very frustrated man who was at boiling point and allowing himself to vent.

I doubt he actually knows the exact squad that were here when Poch was sacked. Probably talking more in a general sense about the string of managers who failed at the club, with a decent handful of players still remaining.

Maybe both sides need to learn lessons then. Hate to go all centrist but one side seem to be a little bit heavy with the rose tinted glasses interpretation, and the other (the conte is being silenced by Levy and is on the verge of quitting shit) over the top.

Wasn't intended as a dig. Just the more optimistic fans, which I actually like. Optimism is a good thing, I'm naturally more 'assume the worst' and it's not always good. But we've had very little to be optimistic about, lately.

I remember telling angry poster that four out two in from the same position was an issue...they said but but they don't play. I tried a simple analogy regards fires and ownership of a fire extinguisher....they did not understand 😕

It concerns me that this disparity this active weakening of the squad, which could cost us a shot at the top four, happened.That fans with their hate figures( Dele's dreds Ndombele's attitude) where blind to their use in an emergency. But Paratici and Conte? I mean fuck me he had seen it against Liverpool in the flesh. Levy I expect no football insight from, just balance sheet BS. But Conte? how long has he been in the game.

Really worried about the brains if the people at the top if our club. So so many obvious errors.

I think we should have kept one of the three yes. If Hojbjerg gets injured we have basically no midfield.

Maybe both sides need to learn lessons then. Hate to go all centrist but one side seem to be a little bit heavy with the rose tinted glasses interpretation, and the other (the conte is being silenced by Levy and is on the verge of quitting shit) over the top.

What is the rose-tinted interpretation you speak of?

There are few - if any - here that don't perceive us to have some issues (Contrary to the shit-monger's perspectives; I certainly do!)...... Conte is obviously frustrated as hell!

........The "Ha! He's sticking it to the owners" & "Ha! This proves he's been lied to" stuff is bollocks though. And it's more than obvious some some are willing on some form of 'civil' war and it's all extremely AFTV in the way that some wish have appointed themselves cheerleaders.

Wasn't intended as a dig. Just the more optimistic fans, which I actually like. Optimism is a good thing, I'm naturally more 'assume the worst' and it's not always good. But we've had very little to be optimistic about, lately.

From you; I didn't take it as such...

I think there's very few here that could be accurately described as blind optimists......

(To further your "centrist" analogy; the problem we have on TFC is that the slightest lean to the left and you're immediately cast as some form of fuckin' Antifa extremist!)

As I said I suggested to you in another thread; you just won't find my losing my shit before the cookie has actually crumbled.

There is genuinely no reason for any of us to tune in to and listen to his post-match press conferences, best leave that to our rivals to speculate over.

I will be sipping a cuppa tea or coffee or taking the dog for a walk, anything to avoid the inevitable instant hot takes, it's all a load of BOLLOCKS.

So Conte is one of us....Well, those of a melting knee jerking persuasion at least...

Agreed, but if Winks goes I'm out for sure. That's where I draw the line.

There is genuinely no reason for any of us to tune in to and listen to his post-match press conferences, best leave that to our rivals to speculate over.

I will be sipping a cuppa tea or coffee or taking the dog for a walk, anything to avoid the inevitable instant hot takes, it's all a load of BOLLOCKS.

mi scusi GIF

What I don't understand about Conte is why he continues to insist focusing our team/attack on wingback play. We clearly don't have the players to play the way he wants.

What it does it that it takes away from getting the best out of our most influential player in the final third, Son, who we can all agree is at his best when he's playing on the left wing and/or second striker.

He is playing so incredibly deep and centrally that when he gets the ball. He lacks vision and he has little to no space to run in to and usually needs to beat 3-4 players to get near the opponents box. He's at his best when he gets the ball further up front on just left of the goal and all he has to do is beat 1 man to either shoot or make a quick cross.

Son's responsibility as far as creating from wide areas has been taken over from the likes of Sess/Emerson/Doherty etc. who is a massive downgrade in those wide attacking areas.

I do like him.

But he really is a massive fanny, isn't he.
Definitely a sore loser it seems.

Which yes, a lot of top level managers are. But it probably helps the likes of Pep and Klopp that they have been at their clubs for a long time and have built up a lot of good will with their respective fanbases.

I like Conte, but bitching and moaning after 4 months on the job and a few losses is not the greatest look.

Not sure why people are suprised at this

It's what Conte does, just be glad you don't have to pay a termination fee when he decides to walk at the end.

Go for Potter, sell the deadwood, turn to the academy or sign young players that are out of contract like Rudiger and call it a day.

Barcelona has some good players for sale you might as well go for

Outbid Aston Villa for Countinho

Sign Umtiti, Roberto, Dembele for free

Integrate them successfully and you got a decent top 4 team there somewhere

Not sure why people are suprised at this

It's what Conte does, just be glad you don't have to pay a termination fee when he decides to walk at the end.

Go for Potter, sell the deadwood, turn to the academy or sign young players that are out of contract like Rudiger and call it a day.

Barcelona has some good players for sale you might as well go for

Outbid Aston Villa for Countinho

Sign Umtiti, Roberto, Dembele for free

Integrate them successfully and you got a decent top 4 team there somewhere

Sign Rudiger???

Monsters Inc Fainting GIF by filmeditor

Back
Top Bottom