Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think Conte wants to work for a club with low expectations. It is not his nature. We need quality players to satisfy his desire to compete and he clearly doesn’t feel that Levy will deliver that in the summer. From his point of view it’s better to part ways now if Levy won’t provide the players he wants. A manager like Conte wants to win. If he’s not going to be given the tools to do it, then why stay? It’s not on him to lower his expectations, the club needs to raise theirs. Why am I paying £1300 for a season ticket if we have low expectations?
Why do you pay 1300 for a club with low expectations? The sooner you stop the better for the club

We can only guess as to what promises were made and broken in January. I'd imagine getting a RWB who can play football was one of them.

But Conte needs to realise that he can't do anything to change personnel until the summer.

By all means walk on Sep 1st if we have not overhauled the squad but until then get on with it ffs.

We can write this season off as despite top 4 being there for the taking we just don't have a consistent enough group of players.

He's sounding a bit bi-polar at the minute. One minute the squad is more complete, full of great characters and the next he wants to quit. What exactly has changed since Saturday?

Conte we know the squad has many holes, we as a fanbase are patient and can wait until next season to see a proper Conte team. Take a breath and keep your wig on.
Its not bi polar. Even Mourinho said 'This squad is a gift' but then said the infamous 'same manager, different players' to say how he has shit players than before.

Mourinho wasnt bipolar, and neither is Conte. They tried to motivate the shit players weve got but then speak the truth when its just too obvious.

Keep proving my point. Learn how to quote.

I said "Americans are fucking morons."

Not "Fucking Americans are morons “"

It's not your fault. It's just the fact that the American education system is wank. Don't get mad.
Mocking the American educational system while you live in your parents basement while working at the local Tesco is a bit rich.

Conte needs a hug imo. Hes putting himself under immense pressure and blew a gasket in that interview. Hes been thrown last three managers players. He needs to put stamp on team. If poch is available in summer we need to get him back though. Theres no concrete structure at club atm with these changes. There has been mistakes by patarici as well. Spending on gill and then loaning him 3 months later. Conte had an outburst on sky italia last week remember. Reality is though levy is accountable for this mess. All he had to do was give poch money to rebuild. Here we are now 3 years on and we lost to burnley away again same month.

Agree to an extent. Might take the cup game but if he doesnt get a reaction he'll be gone in the next week or two. He just seems embarassed at losing this much. Not a problem he's been used too.
Yeah it's like he's asking the club to sack him for losing 4 out of 5 when absolutely no one wants him to go.

I think he just reacted in the heat of the moment and was questioning himself as a manager for the first time in a long time when faced with that run of results.

What did he come here for then? Was he expecting 200 million in January? We all know the team needs loads of work but for a so called world class manager I think he's been a huge disappointment.

I think we were going very well until Dier got injured, we played Chelsea 3 times in 2 weeks and the January window came and went without the players he wanted. It’s clear that he lost a lot of confidence in our project in that period. Especially because we failed to sign a PL-standard RWB which is crucial to his system.

Possibly but cup game 3 days later.

Don’t worry

Ryan Mason Reaction GIF by MolaTV

Yeah it's like he's asking the club to sack him for losing 4 out of 5 when absolutely no one wants him to go.

I think he just reacted in the heat of the moment and was questioning himself as a manager for the first time in a long time when faced with that run of results.

Conte could have walked into any team in the world then we broke him.

:harrylol:

This club is cursed

Conte needs a hug imo. Hes putting himself under immense pressure and blew a gasket in that interview. Hes been thrown last three managers players. He needs to put stamp on team. If poch is available in summer we need to get him back though. Theres no concrete structure at club atm with these changes. There has been mistakes by patarici as well. Spending on gill and then loaning him 3 months later. Conte had an outburst on sky italia last week remember. Reality is though levy is accountable for this mess. All he had to do was give poch money to rebuild. Here we are now 3 years on and we lost to burnley away again same month.
Yes get Poch back.
Sanchez Sess Ndombele and Lo Celso £150 million.
What a fucking idiot you are

Its not bi polar. Even Mourinho said 'This squad is a gift' but then said the infamous 'same manager, different players' to say how he has shit players than before.

Mourinho wasnt bipolar, and neither is Conte. They tried to motivate the shit players weve got but then speak the truth when its just too obvious.
Yeah but the squad being shit is literally no news to anyone.

That's been obvious to anyone who bothered to watch Spurs for the last 3 years.

I don't buy for one minute that Conte thought he was inheriting a team of world-beaters.

I think it's an extreme reaction to a poor result 3 days after an amazing result.

When players like Hojbjerg, Winks, Sess and Emerson are supposed to be the engine room/creative force in your team you are fucked. We all know that.

We know that without Kane and Son we finish 14th.

So he needs to see what happens in the summer and walk on Sep 1st if he doesn't feel enough was done.

I'm sorry but these latest comments from Conte I see as only good news for the future of our club, even if he decides to leave. He has the cohones to say what everyone thinks and what has needed to be said for a LONG fucking time. I think out of any manager to say this, Conte is arguably one of the only ones who could get away with saying this and still keep his job. It's the timing of the comments which I think is impressive and the obvious power he has because of his CV and influence at the club already that brings power to what has been said.

Now, the club has enough time to sort their shit out before the summer window kicks in, so if they don't and he walks, well they'll have hell to pay for losing arguably one of the greatest managers thats set foot into our club.

The higher ups at the club need to wake the fuck up and smell the coffee, and who better than a world class manager like Conte, to get them to pull their fingers out of their arses!

This guy knows. He is saying it as it is. This club is run by clowns and has no ambition other than CL for profits. Levy tries to put out this ‘underdog club that is almost there with the big ones’ when the reality is that our competition is Everton, leicester and west ham .
We finaly have a coach that says it as it is. He doesn't sugar coat it. He probably loves this group of players because they work hard and probably they train well. But they just have absolutely no football intelligence. We have one of the dumbest midfield in the league with the likes of Hojberg, winks and the rest of the ‘homegrown’ lads.
Our best creative player is our striker….
And Conte knows this. All it takes is for a team to set up shop and cancel out 1-2 players (kane/son) and the rest of the team wont be able to create a single chance.

Back
Top Bottom