Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there more than one interview doing the rounds?

If so, got a link to the one you're talking about?

The one I watched above; was a lot of wafty mumbling along the lines of "maybe I'm not good enough" [paraphrasing].

I'm pretty sure we'd be referring to the same interview, but..

'In this situation the players are always the same in this club, the club change coaches, but the players are the same, but the result doesn't change.'

- Pretty clear what he's saying here. The issue is the playing squad and has been for years. He's talking about the club making an assessment on him whilst pretty obviously pointing out that multiple managers have now failed with no progression.

"I came in to try to improve the situation but maybe in this moment, I don't know. I'm not so good to improve it. It is very frustrating.

I mean this is pretty drastically bad, isn't it? If we're at the point where he can't even improve the squad, if we're hearing from a world class manager who wins nearly everywhere that he feels powerless to even make changes.

(He also called losing 4 out of 5 'unacceptable' which is what I was referring to.)

I think it's pretty clear he wants out. I don't think he even wants to hold out until the end of the season. The clubs he's managed and the resources he's had previously in comparison to what he's got now...

Imagine having relationships with Holly Valance, Emilia Clarke and Stacy Keibler, then after getting drunk one night realising the following morning that you had stupidly got engaged to Susan Boyle. That's how Conte is feeling right now.

Chill man. No need for that. Ticking along nicely under him. Poch was a developer of players and we were a well oiled machine. Clubs copied our philosophy. Weve gone down political route since poch was sacked with big name managers and hasnt worked. We all know its the owner whos caused his fiasco.
Ticking along nicely?
1 league away win in the last 9 months prior to being sacked having spent £150 million on shit that are still employed by the club now.
As I said you are a fucking idiot

I think it's pretty clear he wants out. I don't think he even wants to hold out until the end of the season. The clubs he's managed and the resources he's had previously in comparison to what he's got now...

Imagine having relationships with Holly Valance, Emilia Clarke and Stacy Keibler, then after getting drunk one night realising the following morning that you had stupidly got engaged to Susan Boyle. That's how Conte is feeling right now.

The interview sounds like a man who is daring the board to sack him. It's him throwing the gauntlet down.

When he's playing against City and has a point to prove.

Sorry, but his shit is wearing thin on me...
The part where this team needs a 10/10 performance from a player to win? This team should be winning this game with spare change. Instead we need world class individual performances. This team Is Kane and Son when it comes to attacking and nothing else. If we lose these players we wont see top 4 for a very long time.

The part where this team needs a 10/10 performance from a player to win? This team should be winning this game with spare change. Instead we need world class individual performances. This team Is Kane and Son when it comes to attacking and nothing else. If we lose these players we wont see top 4 for a very long time.
Top 4 are you having a laugh?
Lose Kane and Son and we will be fighting relegation next season

I think he's done with us....

Bit like many of the fans right now ...

I have HATED the 'Levy/ENIC out' banners outside the ground every home game... But now, I'm beginning to warm to them!!!!!!!

Fucking hell Spurs... What have you done to us?
I KNEW I shouldn't have chopped that lucky rabbit's foot off the bunny while it was still alive ...

...and as for fucking that Leprechaun.... Well, it seems like folly now!!!!

The interview sounds like a man who is daring the board to sack him. It's him throwing the gauntlet down.
It sound like an ultimatum. If they dont convince him soon with signs of new recruitment for the summer, he will leave. I dont see him staying if he cant work on a team with new signing at the start of the summer. Conte wont stay for any of this deadline day Redknapp bullshit signings.

Don’t worry

Ryan Mason Reaction GIF by MolaTV

We laugh, but I really see that happening. Levy will have no idea what to do and we’re going to go through the fog of our manager search again.

Ticking along nicely?
1 league away win in the last 9 months prior to being sacked having spent £150 million on shit that are still employed by the club now.
As I said you are a fucking idiot
Perspective on the last 9 months. Played at wembley, didnt go in transfer window for 18 months. Said before poch was frustrated at munich in audi cup press conference. Levy is the problem.

It’s kinda like Conte is just now realising what it’s like to be spurs..

He’s like ‘this fucking shit is insane?! It’s unacceptable!’

Whereas we’re just so numb to it we’re like ‘yeah, it happens…..’

I think he's a bit mental. Brilliant, but ever so slightly unhinged. Like Dr Frankenstein. If he gets his lightning in the summer window then we'll see a proper monster appear. Or maybe Levy just chucks him a pack of duracell and a wind-up torch...

TBC

I think there’s more to this than signings btw. It sounds as if he’s disgusted by the standards at the club. The interview came across to me as him saying he should be under pressure and his position should be evaluated for losing 4 out of 5. He doesn’t sound happy with the standards of those above him and that will inevitably filter down to the players.

I’d imagine that Beppe Marotta at Juve and Inter was a hell of a lot sterner and more competitive than any of our executives. Same with who he worked under at Chelsea.

Not saying you're wrong; but what happened to:

"It's gonna take patience"
"The fans deserve better"
"The squad is more complete"
"These are great guys"

Etc. etc.....?

I think there’s more to this than signings btw. It sounds as if he’s disgusted by the standards at the club. The interview came across to me as him saying he should be under pressure and his position should be evaluated for losing 4 out of 5. He doesn’t sound happy with the standards of those above him and that will inevitably filter down to the players.

I’d imagine that Beppe Marotta at Juve and Inter was a hell of a lot sterner and more competitive than any of our executives. Same with who he worked under at Chelsea.

Again; maybe you're right, but can't he be his own standard bearer?

Where is the bad-ass "killer" that everyone was so excited about both in the summer and when he eventually signed?

Back
Top Bottom