Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FLydbqoXEAAhgN0

Can’t see him staying a long time to be honest.
Perhaps not but then which manager does nowadays! They’ve a shelf life like everything whether they’re enticed away or something doesn’t please them…..but as far as we’re concerned in the here and now Levy and his minions just back him give what he wants and see where it takes us cos we’re in last chance saloon with Conte it’s a downgrade from him after

He clearly wanted those players out, since English isn’t his first language ‘important’ could refer to their price tag or even the midfield position in general.

One thing is clear and that is that he is pissed off. Levy hasn’t a clue what he is doing. Spent the Summer chasing Pochettino, only to hire a defensive DOF, who uses a scattergun approach to sign young players instead of filling crucial positions. I could rant about this for ages, bottom line is that Conte is only thing that gives me any hope for the club, if he goes we are just Everton.

I mean it might be bit of being too free with interpretation, but I would think that main part of comments was aimed at lack of the reinforcements.

Everyone would have been happy to see back of Ndombele and Lo Celso if we would have gotten Verratti and Wijnaldum as replacements. But in reality we switched larger number of misfits to smaller number of misfits from another club who were not really on the level we needed at this point in time...

1. It’s not pleasant reading, it’s 100% to put pressure on the club ahead of the summer from now so that if we don’t deliver and he walks, it’s because we haven’t backed him. And that’s fine, I don’t think anyone can side against him on that.
  2. He doesn’t say ‘weaker’, he says ‘weaker on paper’. Huge difference and I can’t believe how many are obtuse enough to willingly ignore that. Actually, I can.
  3. The word important… I’ve been noticing and saying for years (And I’m happy to be corrected by any fluent Italian speakers) that Europeans, and especially Mediterraneans (I am one myself) use the word ‘important’ in place of far more appropriate adjectives. Sometimes it means important, sometimes it means good or great or even brilliant, sometimes it seems to just mean ‘well known/ highly reputed’. I’m not saying this is the case here, but that’s my suspicion, especially when taken in the context of what he was saying precisely a week ago - that is unless people are suggesting he’s gone from being a yes man to having a voice in no time at all?

Conte at training 2moz. Sorry i was late lads. Wind and weather was terrible. Had a bad nights sleep and italian restaurants in london are terrible. Very difficult match v city saturday. Theyre way ahead of us and beating them back in august was a fluke. Still we will give it a try if we can. Now warm up lads.

How can players be energised by what conte is saying. Certain things you keep quiet.

He says strong things at every club he has been and wins stuff. So it clearly isn’t much of an issue with them, players like Kane and Son will probably just want to show him how good they are , the players should all be up for proving themselves.

Back
Top Bottom