Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christ.

There are some really, really damning comments there. Comments from a man who has began to smell the coffee very early…

The silence from the positive spinners on here will be deafening no doubt.
Nah I’m sure they are on their way over here to silence the dissenting voices very shortly

police-cops.gif

Conte is NOT a project manager. He we will want 7-8 experienced top players in the summer and don’t be surprised if he walks, he is brilliant but volatile. Unless Levy is an idiot he will have known this.

As for the words he is probably just laying the ground work, he is clearly not happy with the squad as is. Right now it’s just words, the summer will be the event.

Wasn't aiming anything at you mate, sorry.

Conte is talking bollocks here though, they weren't important players (to him) as he didn't play them but he calls them "important".
Well, sounds like he wanted them shipped out and replaced with better players. What’s really damning is how he describes Betancur and Dejan as prospects rather than established players.

I think he’ll be off in the Summer.

Well, sounds like he wanted them shipped out and replaced with better players. What’s really damning is how he describes Betancur and Dejan as prospects rather than established players.

Possibly, Bentancur is a good player and if he is not considered the level you can see the level he wants, can’t see us spending £300m even if we sell Lo Celso, Ndombele and Gil.

I really hope Conte wasn't brought in just to appease the angry fans from the Nuno shitshow with no plan of how to properly support Conte to how he wants.

Conte is NOT a project manager. He we will want 7-8 experienced top players in the summer and don’t be surprised if he walks, he is brilliant but volatile. Unless Levy is an idiot he will have known this.

As for the words he is probably just laying the ground work, he is clearly not happy with the squad as is. Right now it’s just words, the summer will be the event.

He’s saying to win now we need those players. We obviously couldn’t get them in January. So bought some extra bodies in and started to change the squad.

I’m going against the grain and am not going to over react. The quotes need more context.

Conte has you assume come here to win the league. Question is what do we have to do to build a team realistically that can win the title next season?

Wasn't aiming anything at you mate, sorry.

Conte is talking bollocks here though, they weren't important players (to him) as he didn't play them but he calls them "important".
He clearly wanted those players out, since English isn’t his first language ‘important’ could refer to their price tag or even the midfield position in general.

One thing is clear and that is that he is pissed off. Levy hasn’t a clue what he is doing. Spent the Summer chasing Pochettino, only to hire a defensive DOF, who uses a scattergun approach to sign young players instead of filling crucial positions. I could rant about this for ages, bottom line is that Conte is only thing that gives me any hope for the club, if he goes we are just Everton.

I really hope Conte wasn't brought in just to appease the angry fans from the Nuno shitshow with no plan of how to properly support Conte to how he wants.

I think that’s exactly what it was, because if we really wanted him, we could have had him in the summer and avoided going for Nuno in the first place

Are you guys having problem in understanding English language?! Where is this forum based?

He is saying 4 players were sold but only 2 purchased. He wanted x number out and x number in.
Atm he is 2 players short which make those players who left but not replaced important or very important. Not relevant if he used them or not in the past, not relevant if he wanted them out.

It's like you sell your rusty kanckerd car and don't replace it. You had a car before but you don't have car now.
Is that so difficult to figure out?! Honestly.

PS. English is my second language.

Conte has you assume come here to win the league. Question is what do we have to do to build a team realistically that can win the title next season?
It’s impossible

We’d need to replace every player who’s name isn’t Kane , Son , Skipp & Lloris from the starting 11 to even stand a chance , that’s assuming we replace them with experienced quality

Never gonna happen

He clearly wanted those players out, since English isn’t his first language ‘important’ could refer to their price tag or even the midfield position in general.

One thing is clear and that is that he is pissed off. Levy hasn’t a clue what he is doing. Spent the Summer chasing Pochettino, only to hire a defensive DOF, who uses a scattergun approach to sign young players instead of filling crucial positions. I could rant about this for ages, bottom line is that Conte is only thing that gives me any hope for the club, if he goes we are just Everton.
Worse. We'd be lucky to be everyone when Kane and Son walk away with Conté

But Traore the substitute for Wolves was his real target???

Honestly, he's running his mouth off here, it's not a good look.

There's lots of stuff that could be misrepresented due to context and translation, so need to view everything in it's entirety.

That doesn't read very well but that is a little BS on Conte's part.

He was barely giving Gil a chance, Tanguy was isolated and training alone, Dele wasn't featuring at all hardly, and Lo Celso was roughly the same and Dele. If they were so important then why wasn't he picking them?

I can understand his frustration with not bringing in more players and wanting players that could make a more immediate impact, but the having two potential starters come into the side is better than having 4 players that he wasn't even selecting.

It’s impossible

We’d need to replace every player who’s name isn’t Kane , Son , Skipp & Lloris from the starting 11 to even stand a chance , that’s assuming we replace them with experienced quality

Never gonna happen

It’s a serious question because he is a short term manager and a guy who goes mental if he doesn’t have the players to win things. Still not sure what the clubs plan is if they even have one.

Back
Top Bottom