Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But Traore the substitute for Wolves was his real target???

Honestly, he's running his mouth off here, it's not a good look.

There's lots of stuff that could be misrepresented due to context and translation, so need to view everything in it's entirety.
Yep.

I just don’t think he really cares. I think Conte is a very simple manager - he has no interest in aiming for Top 4. He wants to win the league and he expects the club to share that ambition. He’s not going to sugar coat his expectations.

This relationship feels doomed to failure.

It’s odd that he’s choosing this particular moment to point out how far we are off the pace. I dunno. All rather depressing.

Are you guys having problem in understanding English language?! Where is this forum based?

He is saying 4 players were sold but only 2 purchased. He wanted x number out and x number in.
Atm he is 2 players short which make those players who left but not replaced important or very important. Not relevant if he used them or not in the past, not relevant if he wanted them out.

It's like you sell your rusty kanckerd car and don't replace it. You had a car before but you don't have car now.
Is that so difficult to figure out?! Honestly.

PS. English is my second language.
Of course, it's fucking relevant!!

Bentancur has made almost the same number of appearances as Dele has!!!! THIS is relevant. He's talking out of his arse.

It’s a serious question because he is a short term manager and a guy who goes mental if he doesn’t have the players to win things. Still not sure what the clubs plan is if they even have one.
I get it but there is zero chance that this club mounts a title challenge in the next 5 years let alone next season

It’s a serious question because he is a short term manager and a guy who goes mental if he doesn’t have the players to win things. Still not sure what the clubs plan is if they even have one.
I think that the club swapping Lamela + 20m (30m worth of assets?) for Bryan Gil tells you all you need to know about their plan. Now I like Bryan, but fuck me we don’t have the luxury to sign a young player, who doesn’t fit the system of the manager we wanted for that kind of outlay. We really should have used Lamela and cash to enhance our midfield/defence.

Yep.

I just don’t think he really cares. I think Conte is a very simple manager - he has no interest in aiming for Top 4. He wants to win the league and he expects the club to share that ambition. He’s not going to sugar coat his expectations.

This relationship feels doomed to failure.

It’s odd that he’s choosing this particular moment to point out how far we are off the pace. I dunno. All rather depressing.
Who does it benefit?

Absolutely no one.

Can’t be fucked with the constant shambles and lack of direction. I can handle not being in the champions league year in year out but is it really too much to ask for the club and manager to be pulling in the right direction?

Funny people mention Inter.

Didn't we have a previous Inter manager before who had been extremely successful and got to us and we broke him?
That one was broke before he joined us to be fair. With this one, our players seem to have utterly crushed his spirit in just a few months.

That doesn't read very well but that is a little BS on Conte's part.

He was barely giving Gil a chance, Tanguy was isolated and training alone, Dele wasn't featuring at all hardly, and Lo Celso was roughly the same and Dele. If they were so important then why wasn't he picking them?

I can understand his frustration with not bringing in more players and wanting players that could make a more immediate impact, but the having two potential starters come into the side is better than having 4 players that he wasn't even selecting.
Conte is 100% correct in everything he is saying.
The players that have gone are shit and we still need to clear out 6 or 7 more including Gill and Emerson.
You idiots continue to question managers like Conte are the real problem of THFC.

Antonio has made it clear he agrees with those of us who saw our January transfer window for what it was.
Considering the alarming decline over recent seasons, the glaring deficiencies in the squad, and the huge amount of FFP wriggle room after years of austerity it was nothing short of another disgraceful cop out.

Last edited:
Conte has you assume come here to win the league. Question is what do we have to do to build a team realistically that can win the title next season?

We need to bring in 6 high quality starters if we want any chance of winning the league. Not Bentancur/Kulusevski level but much better.

Lloris-Romero-Reguilon-Kane-Son only sure fire guys who can start for a title challenging team and that is if Reggie is at his best. Skipp or Bentancur might be ok as the 3rd best MFer starting but that is starting to get sketchy.

Back
Top Bottom