Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've always been shit against high energy, high pressing teams...the players are not capable of coping with it, no matter what Conte drills into them, it's all about composure under pressure....you either have it or you don't and more than a few just don't have it...

We've always been shit against high energy, high pressing teams...the players are not capable of coping with it, no matter what Conte drills into them, it's all about composure under pressure....you either have it or you don't and more than a few just don't have it...
I'd also say bar Burnley and a couple of others we're probably the least technically gifted team in the division. When put under pressure we cant pass our way out as we dont have that ability, bar 2 or 3 none of our players are comfortable on the ball.

Glad you opened your ridiculous post with an apology. Maybe delete the rest, to save yourself the embarrassment.

HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO YOU FUCKING CUNTS NEED TO BE TOLD.

The manager keeps changing, the results don't. Ergo, for the most part, it is NOT the manager. It is the shithouse players we've bought so fucking focus your ire on Levy/Enic and our shit recruiting.

The common denominator is LEVY.

Fuck off. Christ

Copy and paste that and post it every day. Seems like some people need reminding.

Dont know if this has been said or asked here yet. Im a big fan of conte and regard him as top 5 in world at the moment.

But is his system coming unstuck against high tempo hard pressing teams. When over chelsea he struggled against us despite (beating us in cup) who at the time played with the highest tempo in the league. Liverpool and city hadnt got their systems fully up and running at the time. Teams like southampton werent like they are.
In italy he wouldnt have come up against anything like that at all. I know wolves dont play it but just making an observation.
He needs to find a way to combat teams who play it
His Inter struggled against Atalanta both times they played a 0-0 and a 1-0 win (the game they won they had 1 shot on target and scored, Atalanta, were in double digits). They also struggled against Napoli (1-0 win and a 1-1 drew) again in the game they won against them they has 2 shots on target all match whilst despite being down to 10 men for a lot of 2nd half Napoli still had 60% of the possession and were in double digits for shots.

Take a look at the games he's lost and drawn and the trend is these are teams that are known for their pressing style of football. It is easy to get sucked into a false narrative though, his teams do look to deliberately draw teams onto them, even those whose game plan is to dominate their oppo high up the pitch. His patterns of play are to have a DM or CB to build centrally and deep in order to oppo on, the idea is to play through that press very quickly with 3 or 4 one or two touch line-breaking passes (he will use WB's in this move at least once too).

It's also worth mentioning that despite the likes of say Southampton is known for pressing high up the pitch (and playing a high-line) there is a reason why they've only just escaped relegation a few years on the bounce and are currently 7pts behind us and have played 2 more games than us, and that's because they aren't very good at it, it doesn't always come off (as per their game against Utd at the weekend).

Very few teams are actually good at playing it.

So, in conclusion, yes I think his teams (he) struggle against high-pressing teams but only the very, very best ones and the odd occurrence against the pretenders (even though Southampton were better than us, we were still unlucky to score more against them). During his stay with us which I'm not expecting to be long at all he's going to improve us a lot but this isn't going to be enough to be better than Liverpool, City & Chavs and because of finances maybe Man U (even though they are really average and have been for a while now, if they hire someone like Poch then we'll struggle to challenge them I think as the combo of untold money and him as manger would be too much).

We might benefit if one of those teams blips in performance one year as has been the case with Chavs, City in the last 5yrs. Liverpool are coming to an end of a cycle with this team, it's whether they can rebuild to maintain its level. Pep will leave soon as well will Klopp but doubtful that will happen with Conte as Spurs manager. OR maybe that's something he is keeping a close eye on, that his squad building may be looking towards getting ours to peak when Liverpool & City are at their weakest????

But I'm in no doubt at all in my mind that Conte will improve us and we will enjoy a good season next season, it's just ridiculous to expect that that translates into being a title-winning one.

Read that...he's is off.

Also shows even he thinks we have weakend in January. The board don't care though, they just wanted to save on wages.

We just have to accept the higher ups will NEVER give a shit.

Read that...he's is off.

Also shows even he thinks we have weakend in January. The board don't care though, they just wanted to save on wages.

We just have to accept the higher ups will NEVER give a shit.
But all the proper fans on here were claiming that we had a good window and strengthened the team

I believe them over Conte every day of the week , what does he know

4 important players? they was hardly playing so thats a bit much. if bentancur is going to be our first choice CM then it was a decent window that improved our first team.

besides gil has gone on loan for rest of season, if that makes us that much weaker why allow him to do that? thats not a move thats designed to save wages.
Well i'm not Conte but i'd imagine with Skipp injured he'd prefer to call on Lo Celso or Ndombele than no one. The thing is though if he's not happy with what has been done and he's not happy with the club just going for prospects then it just has an inevitability about it.

So did they do it despite his objections or is he chatting shit now?

4 important players? they was hardly playing so thats a bit much. if bentancur is going to be our first choice CM then it was a decent window that improved our first team.

besides gil has gone on loan for rest of season, if that makes us that much weaker why allow him to do that? thats not a move thats designed to save wages.

He wanted them out too anyway.

These quotes go against everything he’s said since the window closed. Let’s see.

Back
Top Bottom