Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah; pick a topic.... The geezer chats more sense than 99% of the talking heads.....

My general feeling whenever Simon Jordan talks about football is that he looks down on normal fans and thinks their opinion is generally dirt. Not a fan of Robbie/AFTV but thought Simon came off as snidey and hypocritical throughout that particular exchange.

Also found it hilarious when Chisora confronted him over comments he made and you could tell he was absolutely shitting himself. Beautiful stuff.

True, but they were also all playing pretty poorly before he showed up. The club was lost (like it is now) in the time period between selling Bale and bringing in Poch and even then most of those players didn’t truly get it until halfway through 14/15 if not the beginning of 15/16. Don’t make it seem like the players were great and Poch just walked into a good team, the club themselves gave him an initial 5 year target to maybe be in the top 4 by the time the new stadium was finished because even they didn’t think we had a decent squad. The makings of one were there but it took Poch to bring it together
Dunno - we can play this game all day - Poch got lucky with some Kane kid from the academy and (Pleat’s?) Dele…

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle - some excellent - but lost -‘players, a coach who’s style suited said players - but someone sanctioned the purchase of those players, the financing of the academy and coaches etc..

All to blame and all at fault.

He's one of/the most reasonable, level headed people in the media who talks sense instead of sensationalist bollocks. He is the complete antithesis of Jim White and all the other utter fucktards on Talksport and Sky Sports.

I find him to be one of the most self important people in media, but hey .. opinions right?

Levy needs to be reminded every day how awful the team he's built is and what needs to be done. IMO, the longer Conte is here doing it, in public, where everyone can see it's the higher ups that are holding us back the better.
Don't disagree that Levy needs to listen his manager but i's not just about Levy and Conte, their public disargeement is unsettling the whole club. We need a respite from all this shit about past failures, mentality, transfers etc.

If they have differing views on how the club should be run, and can't come to an agreement in private, one of them should leave. A well run organisation does not have such a significant rifts between the key leaders.

A football club should not be this political.

The only reason Levy employed Conte is because he thinks the squad is good enough for top 4 and Conte can steer the club upward.
It was the same when he employed Jose.

Levy did not change his spending habits for Poch or Jose and will not change for Conte. He will do the same, buy cheap young players to add sell value, it ain't working. Levy is not a footballing man and will never learn.

A chairman who has ambition wouldn't buy the likes of Royal, Gill, Gollino, Sarr and Romero (one half decent signing) but will go for experienced.

An ambition chairman won't buy Bentan and Dejan when clearly priority was RWB and striker.

Levy buys whatever available at cheap price.

Not fussed if Conte stays or goes, got used to mid table team till new owners. One thing bothers me badly, woolwich overtook us.

My general feeling whenever Simon Jordan talks about football is that he looks down on normal fans and thinks their opinion is generally dirt. Not a fan of Robbie/AFTV but thought Simon came off as snidey and hypocritical throughout that particular exchange.

He's one of the few that speak against the bloated culture of spoiled precious man-child players, dirty money, corruption & agents..... He's no time for media shit-mongering either (yeh, yeh, I know he works for one; but it's still a voice of reason that needs projecting).

I didn't catch the full AFTV/SJ debate...... But plenty of what I did hear; echoed what most of us think of AFTV and their cynical 'profit from crisis' model.

He's not perfect, but there's few better perspectives out there these days and he constantly runs rings round pricks like Trevor Sinclair & Keown.

Also found it hilarious when Chisora confronted him over comments he made and you could tell he was absolutely shitting himself. Beautiful stuff.

Funny; yeh..... But Chisora ought to be able to take opinion on the chin.... It's not like SJ was slagging of his family or sumthin'.

Not fussed if Conte stays or goes, got used to mid table team till new owners. One thing bothers me badly, woolwich overtook us.

Woolwich were ahead of us for 22 years mate. 22 years. Anyone who thought us getting ahead of them for a few would see it stay that way forever was deluded. Unlike us, even with dipshits in charge, they at least try to spend their way out of the mire.

Don't disagree that Levy needs to listen his manager but i's not just about Levy and Conte, their public disargeement is unsettling the whole club. We need a respite from all this shit about past failures, mentality, transfers etc.

If they have differing views on how the club should be run, and can't come to an agreement in private, one of them should leave. A well run organisation does not have such a significant rifts between the key leaders.

A football club should not be this political.

We need to burn the whole thing down to rebuild it.
You know how when a coach is on the verge of being sacked and you just want it to happen?
You don't want them to win their next game, because it just prolongs the misery.
That's the same scenario we're seeing - if Conte is too complimentary when questions, dipshit Levy thinks it's all hunky dory and carries on.

He's one of the few that speak against the bloated culture of spoiled precious man-child players, dirty money, corruption & agents..... He's no time for media shit-mongering either (yeh, yeh, I know he works for one; but it's still a voice of reason that needs projecting).

I didn't catch the full AFTV/SJ debate...... But plenty of what I did hear; echoed what most of us think of AFTV and their cynical 'profit from crisis' model.

He's not perfect, but there's few better perspectives out there these days and he constantly runs rings round pricks like Trevor Sinclair & Keown.

Funny; yeh..... But Chisora ought to be able to take opinion on the chin.... It's not like SJ was slagging of his family or sumthin'.

Yeah but he's a massive hypocrite because he himself is a man baby. Watch his reactions whenever his opinions get questioned. Look at how many hilarious twitter spats he's had. He reduces almost every argument down to 'appeal to authority' on the false basis that he is more qualified than everyone else because he badly ran a football club and lost all his money. And yes, throughout all that he works for talksport, the most drivel-centric media outlet in the world. He's part of all that shit, he just hates to accept that and enjoys kicking down at journalists/fans.

I think his whole issue with Robbie/AFTV was again part of his superiority complex where he didn't like that humble fans were challenging traditional media platforms and giving themselves a voice. You can't claim to be anti sensationalism and then be a key voice for talksport, Simon.

So could my cat.

Well yes, but that would require being mentally stable .. which doesn't really apply to Chisora.

Yeah but he's a massive hypocrite because he himself is a man baby. Watch his reactions whenever his opinions get questioned. Look at how many hilarious twitter spats he's had. He reduces almost every argument down to 'appeal to authority' on the false basis that he is more qualified than everyone else because he badly ran a football club and lost all his money. And yes, throughout all that he works for talksport, the most drivel-centric media outlet in the world. He's part of all that shit, he just hates to accept that and enjoys kicking down at journalists/fans.

He's not a so-called journo though; he's a paid opinion.

I've no idea about his twitter spats. It never ceases to amaze me that so-called pros allow themselves to get dragged into such things.

I think his whole issue with Robbie/AFTV was again part of his superiority complex where he didn't like that humble fans were challenging traditional media platforms and giving themselves a voice. You can't claim to be anti sensationalism and then be a key voice for talksport, Simon.

I've never once heard him claim fans shouldn't have a voice.

All the condemnation I heard was much like heard from every of other quarter.

So could my cat.

......But literally no-one else does challenge these kind of blinkered toss-pots though.

Yeh, he's a bit up on himself am I'm sure I'd find him pretty grueling company.... Not for a second am I suggesting he's my ideal personality; but like I've said all along his takes are typically one that are sorely otherwise lacking.

Well yes, but that would require being mentally stable .. which doesn't really apply to Chisora.

No idea about the individual..... I try not to assume Boxer = dumb nut-nut.

Back
Top Bottom