Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte is 52 and can be at Spurs for 30 years ... Lol
Where in my post I said Conte is Spurs?
My post was regarding anti Levy supporters.
I even said "Conte or whoever the manager is".
Stop the rant. Relax and have a drink on me.
I'm NOT ranting fella, that's the privilege of everyone else, if you are "anti-ENIC/LEVY" and you are in here posting in reaction Conte's comments and mentioning Levy/ENIC then you are ranting. I mean it's all there, just take a fucking look!!! That's the agenda that's being carried.

That's the first time I have referenced ENIC/Levy. I am not "anti" or "pro", though all anyone has to do on here these days is question or query something about Conte and it would appear that means you're "pro"!!! Fucking ridiculous.

Behind the scenes Conte has not been shy in handing out some home truths to Spurs chairman Daniel Levy about exactly what level his club is at, with some inside the club saying the Italian has been candid with the Tottenham supremo in a way few others have.
Odd you left out the final sentence from that article...

However, there is more chance that dinosaurs will return to walk the Earth than there is that Levy will pay the slightest attention to what he has been told.

:levywhoa:

Good to see that at least Conte agrees with me that we are weaker after the transfer window, even though people on this site disagreed with me when I said that!

Do you believe that "the squad is more complete" too?

That's simply not true.

Whilst there were stumbling blocks; we'd been incrementally building towards being a regular top 4 team since they arrived.... That was 'the project'.

We'd already finished top 4 twice before Poch and most of the best players of his era pre-dated him.
True, but they were also all playing pretty poorly before he showed up. The club was lost (like it is now) in the time period between selling Bale and bringing in Poch and even then most of those players didn’t truly get it until halfway through 14/15 if not the beginning of 15/16. Don’t make it seem like the players were great and Poch just walked into a good team, the club themselves gave him an initial 5 year target to maybe be in the top 4 by the time the new stadium was finished because even they didn’t think we had a decent squad. The makings of one were there but it took Poch to bring it together

No, and neither does Conte today, regardless of what he said before.

HAHAHAH......

So if he arrests our form and starts gushing about Kul & B'cur will you rush to flip the narrative back to you being wrong all along? I doubt it......

(Spare us the patting yourself on the back "Conte is with me" guff....... )

Good to see that at least Conte agrees with me that we are weaker after the transfer window, even though people on this site disagreed with me when I said that!

Hmmm he said we are 'weaker on paper' not weaker (if it was weaker why would he have let those players leave) and it was only last week he said that the squad was more complete so...

That period was essentially all the managers doing though? What did ENIC do in that period that was any different to what they have done for the other 20 odd years of their ownership?

Did they change their transfer strategy in any way? No. Did they back the manager with signings? No.
Poch built and moulded that squad himself by outstanding coaching and instilling a belief in them players that they were better than they really were.

How can you give ENIC credit for the one period of notable success we’ve had on the pitch when we were genuinely competitive at the top level, when it started and ended at the hiring and firing of Pochettino? The only place you can really give them credit was for hiring Poch, but even he was actually a second choice cheap option when we couldn’t get van Gaal!!

I don't really understand. It was their strategy that took us from perennial bottom half to me seeing European football for the first time in my life, to that becoming a regular thing, Champions League and that was all before Poch.

Of course Poch did great things at the club but this whole attribute everything negative to the owners and everything positive to the managers can only be driven by agenda, surely?

The argument in the summer was "No top manager wants to work for Levy, that's why Conte rejected us". Well that was proven wrong and now it's "Levy's not going to back the best manager we've had for years". Those who are anti-Levy seem very good at making up scenarios in their head (such as Conte leaving or Conte not joining because of Levy) before it's even happened but not very good at reflecting on how their statements/predictions were not proven right.

For what it's worth, I think Levy is nearing last chance saloon but regardless, what is the point of discussing any of this if people aren't willing to accept their ownership is not a binary positive or negative? Nobody can dispute that our league position under Levy has been dramatically improved from when he took over, nobody can dispute that we have been regulars in European football under his leadership, nobody can dispute that we have attracted some of Europe's best players and managers under him and nobody can dispute that he's made many mistakes along the way.

Last edited:
True, but they were also all playing pretty poorly before he showed up. The club was lost (like it is now) in the time period between selling Bale and bringing in Poch and even then most of those players didn’t truly get it until halfway through 14/15 if not the beginning of 15/16. Don’t make it seem like the players were great and Poch just walked into a good team, the club themselves gave him an initial 5 year target to maybe be in the top 4 by the time the new stadium was finished because even they didn’t think we had a decent squad. The makings of one were there but it took Poch to bring it together

My point isn't to diminish Poch, but like you concede; the makings were there and it wasn't an overnight success..... There was a 13-ish year upwards curve pre-Poch and the other bloke's post completely denies the due credit that Jol, Harry, McDermot & Sherwood (Youth Coach edition!), Arnesen, Commolli & Levy also deserve.

Last edited:

I had 9 ,yes NINE disagrees for the post below when the transfer window closed and a yellow card that swiftly followed

We've left the window with a weaker squad than when it opened.

Despite having more FFP slack to work with than any other club following years and years of austerity we failed to address ANY of the glaring deficiencies in our squad, and in the grand scheme of things turned yet another profit rather than investing where it really matters.

Another predictably poor window where the manager was let down and more importantly, the fans were let down

:contelol::contelol::contelol:

Back
Top Bottom