Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thousands of people work despite health problems and bereavement, most without access to the services Conte would've had access to. I sympathise with him but...

... His post-match comments and the way he set us up to play last season were akin to downing tools in my view. We were anti-football par excellence - on par with Moyes. Far worse than the season before from recollection.

I agree we now have a better squad overall than last season. VDV, Udogie, Maddison, Vic are game changers for us. I'm sure Conte would've played VDV over Davies but doubt he'd have "trusted" the others to play in his system...

Respect for getting CL after taking over from Nuno but he left us in a similar state.
Nuno was 8th choice ad no-one wanted job after levy badly treated poch. Levys arrogance as a businessman is the real cause why weve won fuck all. Club has all the trimmings but nothing to show...trophies. Style over substance.

It's actually mad he managed to soldier on with all that going on. And people constantly ignore the fact we were in the top 4 and going well when he melted. We weren't shit or having a bad season. He had us up there with Dier, Skipp, PEH, etc as starters most weeks.

Chequebook manager who took over the tripe from Nono, signed 2 players (1 on loan) and went on title winning form to get top 4. Don't be daft.
FYI, in 16/17 at Chelsea, where he took them from 10th to the title, they had a net spend of £17m

At what point did he down tools? The fact he carried on with poor health and death around him is insane really.
The only thing he did wrong was stubborn refusal to try fringe players. But when you actually think about it, he may have been a bit more ITK about them from training than we give him credit for. Whilst Bissouma has shown glimpses of his best earlier in the season, I can't remember the last time he in the MOTM conversation, can you? He didn't have Udogie, VdV, a useful, reliable keeper, a more mature Sarr. It's mad that we were sat in 4th by the time he went.
Bad manager but jose was worse.

Thousands of people work despite health problems and bereavement, most without access to the services Conte would've had access to. I sympathise with him but...

... His post-match comments and the way he set us up to play last season were akin to downing tools in my view. We were anti-football par excellence - on par with Moyes. Far worse than the season before from recollection.

I agree we now have a better squad overall than last season. VDV, Udogie, Maddison, Vic are game changers for us. I'm sure Conte would've played VDV over Davies but doubt he'd have "trusted" the others to play in his system...

Respect for getting CL after taking over from Nuno but he left us in a similar state.

His post match comments were him trying to get Levy and Co to finally grasp the fact the squad was a mess. He hadn't listened to Poch in 2019 so why had it got to 2023 and we still had so much dross at the club?
His football is his football. It never changed. The only time I really felt he properly did something tantamount to a sacking was Milan at home. Bringing on Sanchez for Kulu was criminal. We had Danjuma, Moura, Porro, Devine all on the bench and we needed a goal.
As for leaving us in a similar state, he left in 4th, way better off than when he joined. It was after he left we collapsed.

Bad manager but jose was worse.

Bad manager that hasn't failed anywhere and wasn't actually failing at Spurs.
Boring, I can accept. But he's not a bad manager. I'd argue Poch was worse just for failing to win a single thing with the squad he had at Spurs. And he currently has a hugely expensively assembled squad at Chelsea, that I genuinely believe is better than 10th - yet there they are.

Conte said in an interview that in the future he wants to play a high line with more pressing.

I feel sorry for the fans of his future club when he reverts to his low block after about 2 games.

His post match comments were him trying to get Levy and Co to finally grasp the fact the squad was a mess. He hadn't listened to Poch in 2019 so why had it got to 2023 and we still had so much dross at the club?
His football is his football. It never changed. The only time I really felt he properly did something tantamount to a sacking was Milan at home. Bringing on Sanchez for Kulu was criminal. We had Danjuma, Moura, Porro, Devine all on the bench and we needed a goal.
As for leaving us in a similar state, he left in 4th, way better off than when he joined. It was after he left we collapsed.

Bad manager that hasn't failed anywhere and wasn't actually failing at Spurs.
Boring, I can accept. But he's not a bad manager. I'd argue Poch was worse just for failing to win a single thing with the squad he had at Spurs. And he currently has a hugely expensively assembled squad at Chelsea, that I genuinely believe is better than 10th - yet there they are.
I think you maybe reaching with that one!

IMHO he was solely looking out to numero uno, doing his very best to deflect attention from his woeful performances and make his position untenable so that he’d get paid off early.

Ange’s turnaround of the club in such a short period just emphasises Cunte’s shortcomings.

Numero Uno in a farmers league, where the side has won the League 3017 seasons in a row, potentially barring the Kane season, and nobody else is financially even in the same Universe???

Ideal, I think I can work my magic here...

:contekiss:
This. He is a complete joke. Him and Mourinho are now past it and are being employed solely on their past. The only thing Jose has over this cretin is at least the oily bastard has a modicum of charm, when he wants.

Numero Uno in a farmers league, where the side has won the League 3017 seasons in a row, potentially barring the Kane season, and nobody else is financially even in the same Universe???

Ideal, I think I can work my magic here...

:contekiss:

All you need is to not be a cunt....

Tuchel: Hold my Bier.
Conte: Hold my Vino.

He’s probably thinking he’ll polish up his CV with another giv ‘me trophy, followed up by another huge pay off in 18mths when he has the inevitable meltdown/throwing players under the bus/owner slag off/transfer window tantrum (delete as appropriate)!

Last edited:
This. He is a complete joke. Him and Mourinho are now past it and are being employed solely on their past. The only thing Jose has over this cretin is at least the oily bastard has a modicum of charm, when he wants.

Jose is a lot more charming but Conte was definitely better for us .. we made top four despite Nuno crapping up the start of a season and even the second season we were utterly boring but remained competent right up until an implosion.

Jose had an alright half season and a good start to his full season but we were dreadful after. Worse than Conte. And that loss to a managerless Zagreb…

Conte I think could win a league elsewhere because his tactics are boring but still semi relevant. Jose I think will only win tier 2/3 trophies from now on.

For balance Jose did get us to a cup final & Conte was backed a lot more.

Jose is a lot more charming but Conte was definitely better for us .. we made top four despite Nuno crapping up the start of a season and even the second season we were utterly boring but remained competent right up until an implosion.

Jose had an alright half season and a good start to his full season but we were dreadful after. Worse than Conte. And that loss to a managerless Zagreb…

Conte I think could win a league elsewhere because his tactics are boring but still semi relevant. Jose I think will only win tier 2/3 trophies from now on.

For balance Jose did get us to a cup final & Conte was backed a lot more.

Jose had a front line of Kane, Bale, Son and refused to exploit/use that. Glad he has no love for spurs, he's a piece of garbage and not welcome back

Back
Top Bottom