Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not true though is it.

He inherited an absolute shitshow post Jose/Nuno era and got us top 4 after joining mid-season.

We currently sit in 4th place and have as good a chance as any of getting into the top 4 again.

So whilst we have not built on last season, we absolutely are in a better place than we were before he arrived. (Or have you forgotten about the conference league already?)
Top four last season was a real success, not going to take that away from him, but since then we have got worse. We are not getting top four unless he goes even though we should easily get top four this season given how poor rivals have been.

Over simplistic analysis. A lot of our goals come from set pieces, not quality football or a palpable sense of attacking identity ... we also have a hot as shit striker exceeding his xG, most teams don't have this. So yes, we score a solid amount of goals.

We're very boring/conservative to watch & our build-up play is highly predictable and simple which all leads to a very easy to stop team who are also hideous on the eye. Is all of this because of Conte? No, we have a lot of bog standard players too ... but he's definitely partly culpable.
I had a similar argument with another poster on here.

For once this season we look dangerous from set pieces. This has papered over the cracks of our attacking play. The irony is that we scored 3 goals from open play today, but on the other hand we were playing the bottom team in the league who were defensively open and also had their 2 main CBs go off from injury with maitland-niles filling in at CB.

I'm genuinely interested to see where in the goals scored table we would be if you looked at open play only.

We are 2 up against Southampton and draw and some on here praise Conte's candour.

A team who were there for the taking if we went for the jugular.

The guy is an artist of deflection and many fans too driven by their hate of ENIC/Levy not to see it.

15 million pounds per year.

Unreal.

Last edited:
He is not calling out the players he is just doing his impression of Shaggy. He is the most overrated manager we have had and even worse he has got some Spurs fans to believe his shit does not stink.

The fact is Levy and the players have to take some responsibility but the fact is Cunte plays shit football. Look at Seiria A and it is like some miracle that Napoli are playing free flowing football. The fact is Conte may have shithoused his way to a premier league title with Putin’s money but he only had to play one game a week.
So you must be mad at levy for appointing him & giving him 15m a year? But more likely you are applauding levy giving himself a pay rise.

Its crazy how the media in that presser was doing everything to undermine Conte and protect Levy. Iv never seen media go so out of their way to protect the ownership of a football club.

Its crazy how the media in that presser was doing everything to undermine Conte and protect Levy. Iv never seen media go so out of their way to protect the ownership of a football club.

Wow! Are you really this paranoid?

The media were fucking loving it.............. It's money for them..... They didn't want it to stop.

Spurs fans or the Tottenham Hotspur supporters group should mount a protest outside FA Headquarters or Premier League HQ about the rotten refereeing Spurs are getting.

They should hold placards and make loads of noise. Sing "You're not fit to referee" or something.

They have had a campaign agaist Tottenham for years, since Arse-nil became Sky's team, where they stick Alan Smith on Spurs games, etc , etc. Remember they sacked Mullery when he questioned a bad call?!

They will destroy any manager Tottenham employ coz Levy is too chicken to take them to task. It's up to the fans to mount a protest.

If those eco-mobs can block traffic and cause chaos, Spurs can do likewise to the FA, the EPL and Sky.

We didn't have bottle in 16/17?
Against City in the CL?
Away at Ajax?

Semi Final 16/17 season bottled it won fuck all

CL was a freak run and we know it against Ajax pressure was off and we went for broke and won fantastic night. Pressure is on in the final we crumble and lose to a Liverpool side who where played like shit also

Core of this side is fucking rotten

Spurs fans or the Tottenham Hotspur supporters group should mount a protest outside FA Headquarters or Premier League HQ about the rotten refereeing Spurs are getting.

They should hold placards and make loads of noise. Sing "You're not fit to referee" or something.

They have had a campaign agaist Tottenham for years, since Arse-nil became Sky's team, where they stick Alan Smith on Spurs games, etc , etc. Remember they sacked Mullery when he questioned a bad call?!

They will destroy any manager Tottenham employ coz Levy is too chicken to take them to task. It's up to the fans to mount a protest.

If those eco-mobs can block traffic and cause chaos, Spurs can do likewise to the FA, the EPL and Sky.

I think Spurs are embarrassing enough as it is already without worrying about and protesting against a supposed referee conspiracy, don’t you?

History of Spurs encapsulated.
We were broke.
We got relegated to Second Division.
We won promotion with a 90% of a First Division team.
We spent some money (not a lot, some, for the first time in years) retained First Division status.
Changed Owners.
Invested in Youth Development and marketing, nothing else, made money, changed owners II.
Brought youth through.
Reached CL, made more money.
Made money, invested in assets only.
Failed to make CL, ENIC got pissed off, sacked El Poch.
Hired Tony balony cunt'e, gave him money, gave him budget, gave him wiggle room, he fucked up, blamed everyone else.

I may of missed something, please feel free to add.

People praising Conte's comments....all he did was repeat already well known complaints about Tottenham i.e the players are bottlers and that we haven't won anything with ENIC in years. Stuff you'll find on any football site. If he really had bollocks he would have started naming names.

Personally think it was calculated so he could get the sack, a nice payoff and then fuck off on holiday somewhere. I'm sure the Bahamas is more enticing than Southampton watching Eric Dier and Ben Davies wandering around. Oh and the ol' "the fans deserve better/hard earned money" bullshit too to get us behind him (doubt he really gives a fuck about us at this point).

Pretty sure it wasn't the players or Levy who brought on a defender for an attacker against AC Milan when we were chasing a goal with only minutes left. Especially with Danjuma on the bench.

Could be a cunt off going on with Conte and Levy. Conte decided he couldn't face another ten games of the players (who know he's gone at the end of the season) half assing it. Did a press conference which amounted to "you'll have to sack me now Daniel".

Battle of the baldies.

Semi Final 16/17 season bottled it won fuck all

CL was a freak run and we know it against Ajax pressure was off and we went for broke and won fantastic night. Pressure is on in the final we crumble and lose to a Liverpool side who where played like shit also

Core of this side is fucking rotten

Meh. Losing a game doesn't instantly equate to a bottle job.

v City we won at home and then went toe to toe away from home against one of the best teams in Europe!

Last edited:
We were broke.
We spent some money (not a lot, some, for the first time in years) retained First Division status.
Changed Owners.
Invested in Youth Development and marketing, nothing else, made money, changed owners II.
Brought youth through.
Hired Tony balony cunt'e, gave him money, gave him budget, gave him wiggle room, he fucked up, blamed everyone else.

You missed the good bits prior to relegation. You missed the good bit in the 80s. You’ve missed at least one ownership change in there.

If he really had bollocks he would have started naming names.
this would be the ultimate but it would never happen. hes basically named them without naming them. the players who have been here longest. the players that have been here 2 years or so its not on them, they are fresh they have walked into this spursy culture. when he says about people being selfish hes even digging out kane.

what he says is true but his football decisions contradict a lot of what he says. hes the one selecting these serial losers week in week out. if he feels that way about them why have we seen so much of them? hes starved some good players of minutes this year in favour of the old guard, even when they are stinking the place out.

We were broke.
Changed Owners.
Brought youth through.

Poch wasn't sacked cos he "Failed to make CL" either.

So you must be mad at levy for appointing him & giving him 15m a year? But more likely you are applauding levy giving himself a pay rise.
I hate Levy and knew this is the way it would end. The fact is I am not going to happy clap some arsehole who is damaging my club because he is incapable of doing his actual job.

What Conte said was 100% about protecting Conte. He has made numerous cock ups this season and delivered us shit football for pretty much his whole tenure as manager apart from a 10 game period at the end of last season. The fact is Conte is another cheque book manager who has spent 100’s of millions over his career as a manager to win one knockout tie in the Champions League that is because he is a coward. The fact is he has made qualifying for the Champions League last season with two of the best forwards in the world sound like a miracle last season. The fact is he wanted Lenglet and Perisic last summer the two most unredeemable signings of last summer. The fact is he was backed and does not think he needs to do his job. The fact we play better when he is not involved should tell everyone what they need to know.

The problem is we signed the wrong person we should have signed the person who built those Inter and Juve teams that are responsible for most his titles. At the end of the day he has benefitted greatly off other peoples work and only works in the short term.

I imagine he knows he's sacked after this game so he's gone all out attack to try and shift the rhetoric from us being shit because of his awful tactics and team selections to "it's the players/owners".

The reality is that both are true. His tactics have been shambolic. He is arrogant and unbearably stubborn in his approach to games. However, equally, he has a squad full of players who lack character or who simply do not give a fuck and a chairman who is a bumbling buffoon when it comes to footballing decisions and whose sole goal is profit through growth, not on-field success.

I'm glad he said what he said in public because it amps up the pressure on the players and the management for their failings. I hope that them being outed changes something for us moving forwards, but I doubt it.
It's just dawned on me... WE'RE the bad guys aren't we?
The club I have supported all my life, and invested both financial and emotional fortune into ARE FUCKING ROTTEN!

we have been for 10 years shy of HALF a century....

This isn't all on Levy (though much of it is)

Burkinshaw called it in 1984 FFS:
"There used to be a football club over there"

The rot started with Scholar, passed on to Sugar, and now is in the very incapable hands of Levy....

We've been this club for coming up 40 years!!!

Meanwhile, you know who have gone about their business, picking up trophies and gloatingly lording it over us the whole time....
Even the last few years were just a relative 'blip' for them... Yet they STILL picked up a few FA Cups along the way... and now look set to return to the top table in spectacular, nose rubbing, nauseating fashion!

Their 'South London Derby' against Palace on Sunday will be the stroll in the park that Southampton shoulda been yesterday with 12 minutes remaining at 3-1 up!

We have a cunt owner...
and for now, a Cunte of a coach....

We really are a cunt of a club right now.

Back
Top Bottom