Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seriously, the most damning comments a manager has ever come out with for a club he works for? Exactly the kind of comments I said we'd hear when he leaves ....once again if anything I was too fucking optimistic, he can't even wait that long to get it off his chest!

WE ARE RAN BY FUCKING PARASITIC CHARLATANS.
It's wonderful that these disgusting owners are finally being called out for what they are. Truly wonderful
Poch gave subtle hints. Mourinho pressed the buttons further in.
Now another serial winner who triumphs at every club before working for Levy is calling them out for what they are.

Airfixx Airfixx ,isn't it just wonderful!

mathios-sasmos.gif

I thought it would be after he got sacked. Great news he is calling them out & more & more are seeing through enic & levy. Sorry guys but I am going to take our managers word over airfixx, shadydan, topspur, Steve & the likes. Crazy I know!
He is not calling out the players he is just doing his impression of Shaggy. He is the most overrated manager we have had and even worse he has got some Spurs fans to believe his shit does not stink.

The fact is Levy and the players have to take some responsibility but the fact is Cunte plays shit football. Look at Seiria A and it is like some miracle that Napoli are playing free flowing football. The fact is Conte may have shithoused his way to a premier league title with Putin’s money but he only had to play one game a week.

I don't think you'll find him going for the owners so much, apparantly they were very supportive of him during his recent health problems and with everything thats happened in his personal life this year

Conte had a better squad than all the teams who have punted him out of every cup both domestic and European the last 18 months. His outburst isn’t to tell a hard truth or out of any frustration, it’s about saving his own bacon and earning a payoff.

ENIC and Conte can both take a good hard look in the mirror. Fucking clown show from top to bottom.

Ultimately, we ALL care about the club and it's future, right?

Conte hasn't said the things he's said to try and get a reaction out of Levy or to improve the team or his overall plan for the future. He has said these things because he quite obviously wants out and he's protecting himself.

In the grand scheme of things, it does't really matter if he's right or wrong. Conte’s main concern since day one has been self-preservation. Some of what he said may be true but he’s not saying it for anyones benefit but himself. He has simply told us all today (like we didn't know already) that he doesn't give a single shit about the club. Therefore, he needs to go.

He's disrespecting the whole club, including the fans. Which is why I find it bizarre that some are cheering him on in doing so.

And he spent the bulk of the rant criticizing the players. A lot of people hearing what they want to hear, but this was mostly aimed at the players and likely prompted by the fact that consistently when we fail the stories are always about ownership and the manager and the transfer budget, but rarely ever about the fact that our players just never seem to give a fuck. Year after year we bottle it, and year after year they just fuck straight off to Ibiza and come back in August ready to do it all again.

Maybe the reason we struggle to offload players is because the rest of the world can see it. Happy to participate.
Yes but this type of weak mentality from the players could only ever grow in an environment where it's tolerated.

I don't blame Dier/Davies/Sanchez for being average players, they are what they are.

The fact they have survived here so long is down to the owners.

All these elements are interlinked:
- Owners don't care about silverware​
- therefore no ruthlessness in squad building​
- means our top players eventually become resigned to not winning​
- the levels drop overall​

Antonio can leave. :contearms::contehmm:

Rantonio can stay. :contepoint: :contethumb:

You mean when we got to the CL final "weren't working"? Or when he tried to resign that summer "weren't working"? Or are you going on about the diamond? Things haven't gotten any better since Poch thus making your take even more ridiculous. There is one thing in common and that is the players...and Conte seems to be calling them out as well. Interesting.

Doesn't preclude you from being wrong in the end though. If you are suggesting that yours is not a biased take or agenda then great! But I wasn't suggesting that it was. I was, however, suggesting that it is not a reasonable conclusion with all the evidence available to us.
Todd, I just don't care enough to back-and-forth on it, tbh.

His football became rancid and he stank the joint out and had to go.

You - and others - can pine for him, all you want.

I won't be joining in.

Ultimately, we ALL care about the club and it's future, right?

Conte hasn't said the things he's said to try and get a reaction out of Levy or to improve the team or his overall plan for the future. He has said these things because he quite obviously wants out and he's protecting himself.

In the grand scheme of things, it does't really matter if he's right or wrong. Conte’s main concern since day one has been self-preservation. Some of what he said may be true but he’s not saying it for anyones benefit but himself. He has simply told us all today (like we didn't know already) that he doesn't give a single shit about the club. Therefore, he needs to go.
True but he's also telling us and the rest of the world that the players and owners don't give a single shit about the club either.

For that I respect him. Doesn't change how dogshit he has been for us but at least he left outing our fraud players/owners.

True but he's also telling us and the rest of the world that the players and owners don't give a single shit about the club either.

For that I respect him. Doesn't change how dogshit he has been for us but at least he left outing our fraud players/owners.

It doesn't really matter what we think of the players and owners though. The manager, the guy in charge of those has literally come out and disrespected the club we all love.

I've never hid my displeasure for ENIC and I completely agree they need to go. but there is simply ZERO place at our club for a manager who just blatantly disrespects the club whilst failing to take responsibility for his very own failings.

Again, that's not me saying his words are wrong. I think you'd struggle to find many Spurs fans who don't agree with him when it comes to the players, ownership or whatever. But it can't come from the manager. It can't. I'd be amazed if he lasts the weekend.

Never really a better time with a 2 week break now either.

Don't understand why he is so angry in the video...... he's paid handsomely and will get a good payoff........ why's he so upset, he should have known Spurs aren't a oil/state owned club like he had at Chelsea with unlimited funds

Don't understand why he is so angry in the video...... he's paid handsomely and will get a good payoff........ why's he so upset, he should have known Spurs aren't a oil/state owned club like he had at Chelsea with unlimited funds
I guess because he's a serial winner who by his own admission has never worked with a squad of players that simply don't give a fuck.

Back
Top Bottom