Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ultimately, we ALL care about the club and it's future, right?

Conte hasn't said the things he's said to try and get a reaction out of Levy or to improve the team or his overall plan for the future. He has said these things because he quite obviously wants out and he's protecting himself.

In the grand scheme of things, it does't really matter if he's right or wrong. Conte’s main concern since day one has been self-preservation. Some of what he said may be true but he’s not saying it for anyones benefit but himself. He has simply told us all today (like we didn't know already) that he doesn't give a single shit about the club. Therefore, he needs to go.

He's disrespecting the whole club, including the fans. Which is why I find it bizarre that some are cheering him on in doing so.
He cares about winning, he wants to win, his whole career as a player and manager is about fight, mentality, will to win, desire, giving it everything.

He's sick of the players who don't feel the same way, he's not used to it, he doesn't get it and he's calling it out. I think he's right.

Well he’s said or he‘s hinted at that Levy and board are as much to blame we‘ve a whole thread saying as much so what’s the problem?
Don’t play for anything important? We had a last 16 CL gane with a poor AC side and he couldn’t beat them? Is that an important gane? What is an important gane to him? Hiscrecurd in Europe is atrocious! Knocked out by boro and SU in fa cup. Again isn’t that on him!

It was a fix today so not Conte's fault.

He still needs to go, but we were fucked by the ref and VAR today.

The worst penalty decison I've ever seen and for VAR to not overrule it just make me more and more sure that there is match fixing going on week in week out under our very noses.

MOTD didn’t really show it either but still mercifully better without Jug Ears

Whether you want him to manage us or not, whether you like his formation and or selections , what he said was bang on. It needed to be aired, and seems he's not fussed about the consequences.

Personally, I think he speaks for the overwhelming majority of supporters.

Last edited:
He cares about winning, he wants to win, his whole career as a player and manager is about fight, mentality, will to win, desire, giving it everything.

He's sick of the players who don't feel the same way, he's not used to it, he doesn't get it and he's calling it out. I think he's right.
He is the manager of the club, not just the first team.
This may seem like a technical point but why did he name 2 GKs on the bench for a UCL game?
Why did he pick two fewer substitutes than he is allowed on two occasions?
Because he couldn't be bothered with players he ain't gonna pick.
Why did he kick out Doc like he was a piece of shit?
Players are human beings and his man management skills are not exactly shining through.

Last edited:
Conte's position is now untenable. Levy must sack him tomorrow. Put Mason in charge for the rest of the season.

Agree with that but the problems within the club will remain whether Mason is in charge or anyone else

The cancer within our club is Levy/Enic

They don’t really give a fuck about the footballing side and this has been passed on to our bottling spineless players!!

So have who you want as manager but it won’t make any difference and maybe Conte was right to make it public?

Last edited:
What conte has said is spot on and I love him for saying it but unfortunately it's 3 months too late. It's been obvious this is the case for some time and I was expecting him to say things like this as soon as they arise not when he's already got one foot out the door.

I'd have WAY more respect for his outburst if that was the case..... If it was to be what many have chosen to view it as; it needed to be a call to action, not a parting tantrum.

Not me I fundamentally disagree. I want the football to be good. Jose Nuno and Conte have beaten the a wins win, right out of me. And you present a false choice the last few years have taught us its not a choice between winning ugly and entertaining it's between failing in quarterfinals and scraping top four (whilstplaying fuglyfootball). Absolutely not ( hear me good Levy I'm NOT paying for that )

We all (I hope) want the football to be good and the ideal scenario is one which produces both winning and doing it in style.

You're dead right about parting company with your 'hard earned' and the VFM required in return but we will have to agree to disagree with regard to winning and losing, there is nothing ever false about choosing between them.

That was the night I stopped pronouncing it as Age-ax

71PpQ1bE2oL._AC_SY300_SX300_.jpg

The point is that people applauding this prick is pretty weak.

I'm not sure what planet people are living on where they think our players haven't been slagged off by him before, or by other managers, it's happened.

Sure, slagging off the owners is fun but let's not act like the guy hasn't been, for the most part, backed. You can laugh at our history but it's not like Conte wasn't given quite a lot to work with.

At the end of the day, everyone is to blame, but anyone applauding this prick on his way out needs to think twice.
Totally! It’s easy to slag off the history and he uses that line to suit his narrative. However isnt he here to create his own history? Surely that’s why clubs change managers to bring in someone who can do better with either money or using their own coaching skills to improve players. He has not improved our style of play one iota. Yet he sits there and rants about everyone else. What has bought to the table for his £15M. Yr salary? Bloody being knocked of every cup competition his been in without even registering a goal I think. LC semi v chavs, boro, forest, SU and AC. Why doesnt he tell us how we have lost all those games without putting up and fight. It’s shocking record for someone with his rep. Pisses my boil this cunte is now basically gonna walk away without being held accountable for those shocking failures. His rant today could have been fine after any number of games this season. Villa at home, NLD , after any of those cup games. Yet he did nothing about it kept sane players, disregarded others and let some go. A prime arsehole who treats players that the club but let them know he didn’t want them! Ffs that is why we have a DOF who buys the players and the coach is meant to work with them and produce a winning team. Instead this cunt just says he didn’t want them and ignored them completely. Today he could have swapped kulu for danj. To at least keep our attacking shape and threat but no he goes ultra defensive. We drew the gane bcos of his cowardice tactics and bcos of his petty small mindedness ie ignoring danj.
His also a hypocrite that way he celerbrates when we s ore as if his masterminded it with his tactics yet then says the players are selfish. We’re there when they scored?

We had a great run last year, the team wasn't selfish then. What happened? Why did we look clueless in pre-season, why did we look clueless from the first kick of the season?

Why does he keep picking Son despite poor form, why did he do it with Emerson? Why did he not remove Kane from free kicks? Why did he refuse to use Skipp, Sarr, Bissouma throughout the season?

Why did he play Son as a creative winger instead of the run in behind and finish type of winger? Etc. etc. etc.
Spot on! Owners may be at fault but he has had 3 transfer windows Git a bunch of players in yet we look the most uncoached tean in the PL. that is on him.

How many managers do we need to say that our squad is crap and mentally weak before Levy realises it? We knew that under Poch FFS. Too nice. Too chummy. Too bothered with the fucking vegetable patch and home cookery. We’re the nice London club with the lovely facilities. A place for talented but lazy players to come and have a good wage. And get loads of social media attention.

Conte is right. Has to take some blame but he’s fundamentally right about the deeper problems.

For our club to win things in a self sufficient way we need our players to live and breathe the game, 24/7, 365 days a year. We have players who clock out at 1pm on training days ooh let’s play PlayStation. Lose a game and say oh well, onto the next one. No not onto the next one, fight with each other that you lost, get angry, stop making excuses. Fight or fuck off

A proper club with a bunch of proper losers. Get angry, fight not because you should but because you’re a fucking fighter. I’m sick of watching these slow passed balls, immobile brains, the pitter patter la di da telegraphed pass and move gormless horseshit. Hit the fucking ball with conviction, run with conviction, it’s a fucking war out there and our players seem more concerned with not muddying their kits. Be men for fuck sake, I doubt they feel any shame, just go home, take their kids bowling, a cosy Netflix to forget yet another failure. Fuck most off, they don’t deserve to wear the shirt.

Die for this club, you owe them that much. Look what the lot up the road have conjured up with very achievable targets, why? Because they’ve found heart. We are sloppy, cowardly, braindead and show no instinct or teeth. Pull it the fuck together Tottenham, it’s pretty pathetic to see from fully grown men.

Fucking fight!

Last edited:
Why didn’t he say it after the SU game , Leicester gane , AC gane, villa at home gane? So many times this season we have played crap especially on FHs. Yet not a squeak! Now the cunt is laying into everyone. I really don’t understand that some one who is paid what he is that he didn’t go into the dressing room on day one and say exactly what he did today then. He would have far more respect. Is a had a full pre season to sort out the mentality, spirit, commitment etc but we’ve seen nothing. He says it now after we have been knocked out of both cups and blown numerous chances to cement top 4. What his complaining about is what he should be sorting out. That’s what an elite manager does. However he just blames everyone else and takes no responsibility. Has he ever said oh we may have sat back to much or maybe we should have been in front foot more.? No !
I imagine he knows he's sacked after this game so he's gone all out attack to try and shift the rhetoric from us being shit because of his awful tactics and team selections to "it's the players/owners".

The reality is that both are true. His tactics have been shambolic. He is arrogant and unbearably stubborn in his approach to games. However, equally, he has a squad full of players who lack character or who simply do not give a fuck and a chairman who is a bumbling buffoon when it comes to footballing decisions and whose sole goal is profit through growth, not on-field success.

I'm glad he said what he said in public because it amps up the pressure on the players and the management for their failings. I hope that them being outed changes something for us moving forwards, but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom