Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Conte is going, he may as well burn the whole thing down with him when he does go.

Owners have been getting away with mugging the supporters off for too long and the players have been getting away with downing tools and having a bad attitude for too long as well.

We need wholesale change from the top, Conte isn't wrong either, doesn't matter what manager we get in, it will ALWAYS end the same way, even if it starts well.
But his paid £15m to change this surely? That’s what levy wanted for him to change the mindset and attitude. He hasn’t done anything? I’m not sure how his comments then match up with the defeats to boro, forest, SU and AC. His job is to win those ganes. Why did the rant after those ganes like he has today. His cynical and is timing it now to say the players are selfish when he could have said the same shit anytime this season. Why didn’t he say it last week? It’s not like we totally dominated forest. Could have been 3-2 if not for missed pen. Just shifting the blame lile he always does and never his fault. Cunte!

the spursy culture is well embedded at the club. the only one who should stay is kane.
Kane is a superlative, historic footballer. But you kinda can't truly believe there is an ingrained "spursy" culture of mediocrity and accepting second best at the club and also be desperate to have Kane as the undroppable centerpiece forever.

That's not to say I blame things on Kane per se, the culture flows from the very top and every single person at the club is inducted into the reality that ownership will do absolutely anything to make money and not lift a finger to win. But if you're going to have a real culture change Kane would have to be a part of it, especially with the kind of squad reconstruction cash he'd deliver in return.

All of that being said, there will never be any culture change whatsoever with Levy in charge, so it's all academic anyway.

Now all the ranting has cooled down; can anyone see if Conte offered any suggestion of solutions?

.........Any hint of what he told the board he wanted if he was going to stay?

(He's told us multiple times that the board know what he wants is he's to re-sign)

You want Conte to stay? You enjoy the style of football that he serves up?

Last season we ended up 4th and playing well. The transfer window did not solve all the problems but we got some deadwood out like Winks, Le Celso and Ndombele and brought in players with good reputations that performed at the World Cup like Perisic and Richie. Bissouma was highly rated. This season has been a major disappointment and a lot of the blame goes to Conte for not cementing these new players in the team and for tactics but the players have been so inconsistent and cannot escape blame. Why are the players so comfortable and not pushing themselves to the limit to win? I do not know and other teams have similar frailties. Apart from the top 2 although some teams lower down the league simply do not have the talent but we are not alone. MU and Chelsea have underperformed this season as well

How many managers do we need to say that our squad is crap and mentally weak before Levy realises it? We knew that under Poch FFS. Too nice. Too chummy. Too bothered with the fucking vegetable patch and home cookery. We’re the nice London club with the lovely facilities. A place for talented but lazy players to come and have a good wage. And get loads of social media attention.

Conte is right. Has to take some blame but he’s fundamentally right about the deeper problems.

You want Conte to stay? You enjoy the style of football that he serves up?

That's not the point behind my questions.

4 months of Conte's cryptic cliff-hanger about next season has been centered upon him having already told the owners what he wants............. So, understandably, I'm curious as to what it is that he wanted.

Funny how he picked up on when Mariner made a penalty retake which he said he never saw any other club have a penalty retaken, but today he didn't want to talk about this cheat penalty. Shows how he's changed when the club didn't want to pay his fines if he spoke out after the Champs' League cheat ball in front of Kane offside given (Conté was distraught about that).

Levy doesn't want to challenge the cheating against Spurs so I think Conté lost caring and has been half-hearted since then.

Yep someone had to do it for all Conte problems and he does have them the board are the biggest problem and the weak players that have been allowed to stay here.
But his continued to play the weak players . Son has played nearly every game, royal was persisted with when rubbish , same with dier, etc. at the same time gis shipped a lot of players like Gil, white, spence never giving them a chance. For all glc faults he at least got stuck in.
However whatever criticism he has of the club the style of play and tactics are on him. He chooses to play donkeys at the back whilst ignoring our main strengths in attack. He decides we do t play ing the first half. He decides that we sit deep. All on him. This exact style we played today is what we have done all season but never complained before. Fucking arrogant and contradictory! Especially his stupid goal celerbrations.

After experiencing that utter, bottomless feeling of shit at the final whistle, Antonio's remarkable, straight talking interview has really warmed the cockles of my heart this evening.

*Serial winning elite manager calls out serial losing owners and the weak, losing cowardly mentality of the football club from the top down*

Beautiful.

But his continued to play the weak players . Son has played nearly every game, royal was persisted with when rubbish , same with dier, etc. at the same time gis shipped a lot of players like Gil, white, spence never giving them a chance. For all glc faults he at least got stuck in.
However whatever criticism he has of the club the style of play and tactics are on him. He chooses to play donkeys at the back whilst ignoring our main strengths in attack. He decides we do t play ing the first half. He decides that we sit deep. All on him. This exact style we played today is what we have done all season but never complained before. Fucking arrogant and contradictory! Especially his stupid goal celerbrations.

Royal to be fair has become a good player. As for the defence who else can he play, he has already said he basically didn’t want to sign Spence or Danjuma. In his opinion the ‘’weak’’ players must be better than the others who in his views will be even weaker.

I've seen more passion and honesty from conte regarding the state of footballing affairs than I have in 20 years from the ownership.

He's hit the nail on the head. If you can't see eye to eye with the points he is making then it's choosing to ignore facts. I dont understand why anyone would do this, beyond self comfort.

He does the same thing at every club eventually - blames everyone else for his own failings, some of it may ring true here but we've regressed from last season on the pitch because of his management ultimately - Son & Perisc, not intergrating new signings or keeping squad players fresh, rotating too much v Forest & Sheff United and of course the eye gouging negative football - that's all on him

After experiencing that utter, bottomless feeling of shit at the final whistle, Antonio's remarkable, straight talking interview has really warmed the cockles of my heart this evening.

*Serial winning elite manager calls out serial losing owners and the weak, losing cowardly mentality of the football club from the top down*

Beautiful.
He summed it up the key issues so well.

If you want to only change the manager, then you'll continue to get what we've seen for years. Loser mentality with stagnant squad.

Club is consistently a joke to fans of other clubs. Just look at YouTube and twitter comments.

We are going to get thoroughly bum fucked by Dyche and co. next game. Bet he can’t wait. Cold Monday night at an old school ground. Our weaklings don’t stand a chance.

What conte has said is spot on and I love him for saying it but unfortunately it's 3 months too late. It's been obvious this is the case for some time and I was expecting him to say things like this as soon as they arise not when he's already got one foot out the door.

The players 100% need a kick up the fucking arse. Some are stealing a living and need to sort themselves out. But Conte shifting the blame to them is funny when he’s making us play wankball.
Why didn’t he say it after the SU game , Leicester gane , AC gane, villa at home gane? So many times this season we have played crap especially on FHs. Yet not a squeak! Now the cunt is laying into everyone. I really don’t understand that some one who is paid what he is that he didn’t go into the dressing room on day one and say exactly what he did today then. He would have far more respect. Is a had a full pre season to sort out the mentality, spirit, commitment etc but we’ve seen nothing. He says it now after we have been knocked out of both cups and blown numerous chances to cement top 4. What his complaining about is what he should be sorting out. That’s what an elite manager does. However he just blames everyone else and takes no responsibility. Has he ever said oh we may have sat back to much or maybe we should have been in front foot more.? No !

Conte had a better squad than all the teams who have punted him out of every cup both domestic and European the last 18 months. His outburst isn’t to tell a hard truth or out of any frustration, it’s about saving his own bacon and earning a payoff.

ENIC and Conte can both take a good hard look in the mirror. Fucking clown show from top to bottom.

Better squad on paper but this isn't about technical quality it's about bottle. And even our best players don't fucking have any

This whole squad is a bunch of fucking bottlers that need gutting and have for about 4 years

Pressure is on they crumble simple as.

Last time we had any bottle was the battle of the bridge where even though it didn't go our way we looked like we gave a fuck

Conte isnt the answer but while he have this spinless bunch of cowards playing for us and the rat board with no ambition we ain't winning shit

Back
Top Bottom