Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FriOaA1WAAIe--b

Only just seen the press conference. Wow. Needed to be said to be fair. Levy and the players must be wetting their knickers right now.

If Levy doesn't sack him by Monday morning I'll be stunned. Players won't play for him anymore. Get rid.
Bollockhead either sacks him, or announces a new 5 year contract with £200+m, guaranteed, per window and let's him rail his wife once a week, after Rantonio ducktapes him to a chair, forcing him to watch.

That rant left no medium ground to play in.

He is right about the players and JUST blaming Levy is not the answer. If I was a player I would want to win as I did when I was a kid and played. If they cannot be up for beating the bottom team away but can beating MC at home then that is wrong. Although too many believe if Levy went it would magically improve. Owners and Managers are important but the players must have the right attitude are we will never win anything. The players are a better squad than the teams that are beating us.

Conte is right, obviously, but if he was really a great manager he would have fixed it, or at least improved it. We have spent money and given him fair time, no doubt he didn’t get everything he wanted or deserved, but we are absolutely no better at all. He’s been shit. Cant wait for him to go. Have wanted him gone for weeks. Expect he will be gone by the morning.

It's not true though is it.

He inherited an absolute shitshow post Jose/Nuno era and got us top 4 after joining mid-season.

We currently sit in 4th place and have as good a chance as any of getting into the top 4 again.

So whilst we have not built on last season, we absolutely are in a better place than we were before he arrived. (Or have you forgotten about the conference league already?)

Spurs should be celebrated for the way they go up against the oil run, state owned clubs and have themselves around the top all the time, regardless of not winning trophies. The issue we have is, we have a shit tonne of money; but they aren’t willing to take the plunge, which has been made by being self sufficient.

United will be bought by the Qataris, Newcastle and City are owned by states, Chelsea have billionaires throwing cash at them, and Woolwich aren’t scared to invest.

We need to stop pretending to be something we’re not, and stop trying to take shortcuts to success, if we aren’t willing to work the ways they need us to.

They will but the fans even the dumb ones must surely know by now where the problem lies.
Afraid not. Still some on here who can’t see it. But thankfully in the minority. In general our fans & football fans & the media think they are losers & a joke.

Now all the ranting has cooled down; can anyone see if Conte offered any suggestion of solutions?

.........Any hint of what he told the board he wanted if he was going to stay?

(He's told us multiple times that the board know what he wants is he's to re-sign)

It's not true though is it.

He inherited an absolute shitshow post Jose/Nuno era and got us top 4 after joining mid-season.

We currently sit in 4th place and have as good a chance as any of getting into the top 4 again.

So whilst we have not built on last season, we absolutely are in a better place than we were before he arrived. (Or have you forgotten about the conference league already?)

He's the manager that lost to Mura (essentially seeing us knocked out of the ECL), FWIW, but:

This season:
Worse PPG
Worse football
Worse domestic cup record.
After Conte's outburst today; we ain't getting top 4 either... So league position will be worse too.

Backwards.

Last edited:
Really liked what he said in the post match presser. The media like always have twisted it, ‘attacks the club’, ‘attacks the owner’ etc. No, he merely said that it’s time to stop hiding the players/giving them excuses. This international break is going to be interesting.

Now all the ranting has cooled down; can anyone see if Conte offered any suggestion of solutions?

.........Any hint of what he told the board he wanted if he was going to stay?

(He's told us multiple times that the board know what he wants is he's to re-sign)
Your avatar is truly disturbing

He is right about the players and JUST blaming Levy is not the answer. If I was a player I would want to win as I did when I was a kid and played. If they cannot be up for beating the bottom team away but can beating MC at home then that is wrong. Although too many believe if Levy went it would magically improve. Owners and Managers are important but the players must have the right attitude are we will never win anything. The players are a better squad than the teams that are beating us.
the spursy culture is well embedded at the club. the only one who should stay is kane. lloris, dier, davies, sanchez, son...all need to fuck off and take their loser culture with them.

Conte obviously isn't THE problem, lord knows it's evident we have plenty of those, but it's clear as day that his position is untenable now.

As much as what he said is true, you simply don't throw your players and employers under the bus like that.

I simply can't see how he stays in a job. And if he does that shines the light even more clearly on the bigger problem that is our ownership.

Troubled times at the club, clearly. Though I still can't fathom how we are still even in the top 4 race....it is still on even if feels unrealistic

Bingo.

Everyone is to blame for where we are right now. The players for being a unmotivated mess. Conte for managing them badly and not being all in on the project. And Levy and his goons for just allowing all of this to happen.

Conte is correct in calling out the players and the board. But he is at the same time wrong in not accepting any of the blame that is thrown at his own feet.

Conte obviously isn't THE problem, lord knows it's evident we have plenty of those, but it's clear as day that his position is untenable now.

As much as what he said is true, you simply don't throw your players and employers under the bus like that.

I simply can't see how he stays in a job. And if he does that shines the light even more clearly on the bigger problem that is our ownership.

Troubled times at the club, clearly. Though I still can't fathom how we are still even in the top 4 race....it is still on even if feels unrealistic

The only way he survives is if the players are canvassed by Levy and they agree to get behind the manager's deeper message..... Not happening though, is it.

Conté cracked. The FA and EPL are laughing coz they sabotaged Tottenham as they do every year.

The reason why Spurs don't win any trophies is the terrible refereeing Spurs get, even the bottom of the table gets better reffing than Spurs. Look at Chelski today, last minute joke penalty, free kick after free kicks for blatant dives. Spurs get the exact opposite.

Conté did try to get the club (after the ball in front of Kane offside in Champs' League v Sporting) to challenge the authourities but Levy & co. resfused to take on the corrupt cheats running football.

At that point he stopped caring I believe and has played stupid tactics, playing Son 90 minutes no matter how bad he plays, leaving out Richarlison who maybe triggered him today coz he refused a hug from Conté. But he treated Richarlison like dirt so he had it coming.

I would take Mason for the season remaining coz at least he will dispute the rotten refereeing Tottenham are getting, but the corrupt FA & EPL have done their job successfully!

the spursy culture is well embedded at the club. the only one who should stay is kane. lloris, dier, davies, sanchez, son...all need to fuck off and take their loser culture with them.
I would argue that not even Kane should be safe.

A big part in the bad culture in the club is that the star players are too safe. I'm not expecting Kane to win games on his own. But I am expecting him to set the standard for the rest of the players.

Our next coach has to be allowed to tell someone like Son that his defensive output is shit and he needs to step it up. Or tell Kane that he is not allowed to take free kicks anymore. If all that the next manager is allowed to do is freeze out Ryan Sessegnon or Skipp then we are not changing.

Back
Top Bottom