Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We can discuss so many things right now, yet we’ve still got fans out here saying the problem is Conte doesn’t play attacking football.

Lol we’ve comfortably got the 3rd most goals in the League. Lack of goals isn’t the issue.

These media fuckers pointing out Conte for no self awareness or not shouldering the blame.

Shut the fuck up. Of course Conte is part of the blame but did anyone expect him to say it? No he’s not that guy.

I recognize his negative tactics are making this football awful to watch. But the teams he put out are better than Milan, Sheffield, Wolves and especially Southampton.

The tactics are an excuse for the player being completely and utter shit

One of the things I hate about watching Tottenham play, and I’ve observed this for the last 20 years, is how ponderous the Tottenham game is. It doesn’t matter who the manager is. The game slows down, the players think too much about whether their moves will be acceptable or not. There always seem to be backstories, or talk of tradition, this record holder or that. There are players you just can’t drop etc.

I suppose all clubs have these elements but Spurs have more.

What Conte is talking about is the club needs operate on meritocracy. You can’t play games to please players. Conte is right, the only consistency about Spurs have been the players. Conte just needs to be brutal with them from Kane and Son down to the academy players. Drop them if they don’t perform, and bring in ones who will.

We can discuss so many things right now, yet we’ve still got fans out here saying the problem is Conte doesn’t play attacking football.

Lol we’ve comfortably got the 3rd most goals in the League. Lack of goals isn’t the issue.

Over simplistic analysis. A lot of our goals come from set pieces, not quality football or a palpable sense of attacking identity ... we also have a hot as shit striker exceeding his xG, most teams don't have this. So yes, we score a solid amount of goals.

We're very boring/conservative to watch & our build-up play is highly predictable and simple which all leads to a very easy to stop team who are also hideous on the eye. Is all of this because of Conte? No, we have a lot of bog standard players too ... but he's definitely partly culpable.

This is my favourite thing Conte has done during his time at Spurs.

Firstly, great for highlighting the bottling issue and not playing for anything important (I’m sure he may of had something to do with our recent cup exits/ performances tho…).

Secondly, for getting himself sacked (surely).

Are you blind?
Are you? Sanchez was good enough at Ajax that we paid £40M for him. He's not good enough to start for a legit title contender, but when we finally get rid of him he's probably going to have a good enough career in La Liga.

Dier has been a mainstay of 4 successive managers. He certainly isn't world class, and wouldn't be in the first 11 for any consistent trophy winning club. But he's been considered an integral member of the squad that's more often than not been in the CL in his Spurs career by some very well respected football managers.

I'd be happy to move on from both of them. But they are grossly underrated by many here. It's the nature of the internet to a degree. But I'm tired of people acting like we've got a squad full of midtable or worse players, the proof is in the pudding - we've been top 4 or there abouts for a decade. It ain't a fluke, the players are pretty damn good.

Conte is right, obviously, but if he was really a great manager he would have fixed it, or at least improved it. We have spent money and given him fair time, no doubt he didn’t get everything he wanted or deserved, but we are absolutely no better at all. He’s been shit. Cant wait for him to go. Have wanted him gone for weeks. Expect he will be gone by the morning.

I suppose you advocate Danny Boy going then as well as Conte.

Levy out without ENIC leaving will change virtually nothing.

Whether i want Conte out or not; he's off-ski cos he doesn't want to be here.

Last edited:

Romero to tackle Conte out of this club

I'm sure that like any Argentinian footballer, he lives and breathes football but he can't really talk either. How many times did he take the piss out of the club by flying off to Brazil or Argentina when he wasn't fit? What about the time he had to train in Croatia cos he broke covid rules.

Does he think he's one of the players who showed Conte total commitment to the cause?

True but he still threw him under the bus along with every player out their, according to him they are all selfish
i dont think he means every single player, he cant. youve got some people dodging 50-50s and then youve got romero willing to fly through a brick wall so you cant paint them all with the same brush when questioning spirit and desire because they are complete opposites.

he said that hes been trying to hide the situation at the club behind the scenes, he needs to elaborate on this. ive heard trippier talk about this before. the only thing i can think of is that players are being played no matter what? what else could it be?

when youve got people associated with the club talking about 'problems behind the scenes that the public dont know about', we need to know what these problems actually are otherwise youll get the conspiracy theories. why is kane still taking fucking freekicks? why is son undroppable no matter how much he stinks? why is fucking dier still here when hes never been good enough? theres some dumb incompetent shit going on and it really does need answering.

I'd be happy to move on from both of them. But they are grossly underrated by many here. It's the nature of the internet to a degree. Tired of people acting like we've got a squad full of midtable or worse players, the proof is in the pudding - we've been top 4 or there abouts for a decade. It ain't a fluke, the players are pretty damn good.

We've got at best a Europa League level squad which has been propped up for years by Son & Kane being two elite forwards. In 19/20 and 20/21 we finished 7th & 6th. One season inside the top 4 due to a big old dose of new manager bounce doesn't show the level of the squad, they showed this season they aren't CL level and we will finish 6th or 7th this season too.

Oh and who of the players we've shipped out have actually gone on to be good elsewhere? Lo Celso maybe? Is that it? Sanchez will be the same, nobody will want him.

Thats the thing, we can blame the players and a lot deserve it but Ndombele got slaughtered, he was the problem and he's about to win a Serie A title, albeit mainly as sub, Foyth won a Europa league, Tripper won La Liga, Eriksen a Serie A. All players questioned at the time so there is sonething fundamentally wrong in our whole approach. Most of the players are different from 3 years ago, only Dier, Skipp, Son and Kane from then finished todays game. Its the whole culture from the top of stale mediocrity that pervades and its choking the club.

Please don't use our plight to excuse Ndombele for being the lazy dosser than he is. The bloke's attitude is offensively bad.

Back
Top Bottom