Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need more experience in the team, not less. Anyone who’s watched our naivety this season must see that.
Totally agree. Two of our leadership group aren’t leaders and when they don’t perform they offer next to nothing. We need winners and leaders to help our good young players and if they are 28/29/30 and they improve us then it shouldn’t matter what age they are.

I don’t understand why 28 is a concern. Who gives a fuck about sell on value. I want guys who can improve the team

giphy.gif

Not a chance he gets sacked. And hopefully he gets backed this Summer.

There is a faint whiff of the David Brent about him though. He needs to lose the misty eyed wisdom and abstract nouns. It’s starting to grate.

Managers get annoying when we lose, we love them when we win.

I remember I used to hang off every word that Poch used to say, when it got to that 2018/19 season I thought he used to speak a load of shit, like shut up and do your job on the pitch, man. 😆

Totally agree. Two of our leadership group aren’t leaders and when they don’t perform they offer next to nothing. We need winners and leaders to help our good young players and if they are 28/29/30 and they improve us then it shouldn’t matter what age they are.
look at thiago silva it doesnt matter as long as they are still good and can lead

Do you know how many times you’ve said the same thing?

If you want him sacked just say that and we can all get a break from you banging on about the same things
To be fair, 34 pts in 23 games is pretty shit and if anything like that happens at the start of next season he wont make it to Christmas. Redknapp, AVB, Sherwood, even bloody Nuno all had better records than that at the back end of their reigns. Again he wont and shouldnt be sacked this summer but there needs to be a big improvement on what we've seen of late.

To be fair, 34 pts in 23 games is pretty shit and if anything like that happens at the start of next season he wont make it to Christmas. Redknapp, AVB, Sherwood, even bloody Nuno all had better records than that at the back end of their reigns. Again he wont and shouldnt be sacked this summer but there needs to be a big improvement on what we've seen of late.

That form needs context though.

Can't discount the injuries and the disruption of Intl call ups, all these things play a part, you can't just put the losses down to the same thing.

Obviously losses like Fulham and Newcastle are unacceptable but losses against teams like Wolves and Brighton can be explained by not having the personel.

Can't discount the injuries and the disruption of Intl call ups, all these things play a part, you can't just put the losses down to the same thing.

Obviously losses like Fulham and Newcastle are unacceptable but losses against teams like Wolves and Brighton can be explained by not having the personel.
To a degree and that 5 game spell after Chelsea then absolutely but everyone gets a few injuries. Brighton had a ton of injuries, Wolves at home we only had the full backs out. Newcastle had loads of players out and dicked us. But even since then its been pretty poor.

He deserves more time, another summer window and some better players and i really hope he does well next season as he's a likeable guy and could be a great figurehead for the club but its not a blank cheque.

How many players hang around for the best part of ten years nowadays?

Any young player that comes here and does great won’t be here long anyway unless we started winning leagues and champions leagues.
That's why I said it was thinking in ideal terms, it's not likely no, but if you're thinking of your transfer wishlist, you want to envisage a player arriving, immediately tearing it up, and staying with us for many years hoovering up trophies...

Arguably non of that after arrival is likely, but you still want it.

Not a chance he gets sacked. And hopefully he gets backed this Summer.

There is a faint whiff of the David Brent about him though. He needs to lose the misty eyed wisdom and abstract nouns. It’s starting to grate.
That's purely down to circumstance.

Great when we're winning, grates when we're not.

All that’s done is annoy me further for the missed opportunities this season! 😂
I'm really okay with it.

I do remain massively frustrated at our inability to defend corners though, if we improve just to an average level we could have approximately 6-10 more points!!! That would still have us hanging on the coattails of the likes of City!!! Which is fucking mad.

I'm hugely positive though, I'm delighted that we've gone from playing like Stoke to having the ball. Our build-up is great, and our pressing and counter-pressing are on the whole very good (still room for improvement). The areas to be addressed are quite clear, namely squad depth (FB's, another CB, 2nd GK, #6 (I'm kinda Okay with Biss but we do need another quality player here), dribbly wingers and lastly a look at striker, I don't think this is a priority though, get the other bodies in and we can even play without one and if fit Richy should be fine in Ange's system with maybe Parrott, Veliz & Scarlett (I've not been impressed with Scarlett and haven't seen Parrott play for about 2yrs).

Basically, I like our foundations that have been laid and I we are ahead of where I thought we would be at the beginning of the season.

I'm really okay with it.

I do remain massively frustrated at our inability to defend corners though, if we improve just to an average level we could have approximately 6-10 more points!!! That would still have us hanging on the coattails of the likes of City!!! Which is fucking mad.

I'm hugely positive though, I'm delighted that we've gone from playing like Stoke to having the ball. Our build-up is great, and our pressing and counter-pressing are on the whole very good (still room for improvement). The areas to be addressed are quite clear, namely squad depth (FB's, another CB, 2nd GK, #6 (I'm kinda Okay with Biss but we do need another quality player here), dribbly wingers and lastly a look at striker, I don't think this is a priority though, get the other bodies in and we can even play without one and if fit Richy should be fine in Ange's system with maybe Parrott, Veliz & Scarlett (I've not been impressed with Scarlett and haven't seen Parrott play for about 2yrs).

Basically, I like our foundations that have been laid and I we are ahead of where I thought we would be at the beginning of the season.

I can’t be fucked with another change of manager for at least a couple more years. It’s quite boring. Both pre Poch and post Poch it did nobody any good.

That's purely down to circumstance.

Great when we're winning, grates when we're not.
Not wanting to be contrary, but I find it a bit frustrating, even when we win.

Before anyone gets ideas, I absolutely do not want him going anywhere. I like him and I want to see us support him with players that fit his system. I hope he’s here for many years and brings us success.

But I do worry about the abstract noun guff. The ‘this is who we are’ cobblers. That stuff can work when you have much, much better players than every other team. It can help a successful side that is low on confidence.

But I don’t think we’re especially low on confidence though. We just have far too many middling players. Telling someone to believe in themself isn’t going to make them technically better or teach them how to cross.

Does it not wind some people up, that in prior years, when a players form dipped, the coach was often the one blamed. But this season, Bissouma, Kulu, Bentancur, Maddison and Son have all had poor spells/fallen off a cliff. And nobody this time is looking at the coach.

Why is that?

Does it not wind some people up, that in prior years, when a players form dipped, the coach was often the one blamed. But this season, Bissouma, Kulu, Bentancur, Maddison and Son have all had poor spells/fallen off a cliff. And nobody this time is looking at the coach.

Why is that?
Maybe the coach shouldn’t have been blamed in previous seasons

Every single team in the PL deals with injuries and intl call ups, its a non argument.

Back
Top Bottom