Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think we'd be worse off with the front line of Son (left) Scarlett Jonhson. Use Werner to rest Son from the bench as and when... it just gives us something different when we're predictable, when Richarlison is unfit.

I think it's hard to judge mate. My own Spurs goggle would love to see Scarlett get some burn and make his name. Tbh if I had a choice between permanent purgatory range between 8-4th or playing 8 academy kids and bouncing between winning the championship and competing in the prem as a real underdog with principles... I'm not sure what I'd choose.

But our managers are tasked with getting Champions League to bring the money in and I think there is a reason that repeated managers of all levels haven't played our academy kids much for a while. It's easier to achieve it with more experienced players.

I think it's hard to judge mate. My own Spurs goggle would love to see Scarlett get some burn and make his name. Tbh if I had a choice between permanent purgatory range between 8-4th or playing 8 academy kids and bouncing between winning the championship and competing in the prem as a real underdog with principles... I'm not sure what I'd choose.

But our managers are tasked with getting Champions League to bring the money in and I think there is a reason that repeated managers of all levels haven't played our academy kids much for a while. It's easier to achieve it with more experienced players.
Yeah well I didn't mean play the youth team moreover make Scarlett the cover for Richarlison, we're wasting Son there who should play left in this syetem.

That said 20 year old isn't too young imo, especially when we're weak in the CF position.

Yeah well I didn't mean play the youth team moreover make Scarlett the cover for Richarlison, we're wasting Son there who should play left in this syetem.

That said 20 year old isn't too young imo, especially when we're weak in the CF position.

Not sure I agree mate. Son is great centrally in certain games. We just need a new option for other games when we need a pívot in the middle

Love this.

For you muppets saying Ange is about lowering expectations, here he is saying he wants us to be disappointed this season hasn't been a success and to not allow any excuse for it.

This is how winners think.

The only people doing that are those that can’t grasp the concept of context. Ideal for aggregators who rely on them to get angry at their purposefully vague tweets.

Glad that Ange has got into the levy mindset.

First poch taking about building the nicest house and needing nice furniture.

Now Ange saying about looking over your back fence at what your neighbour is building but no good both of you having the worst house on the street. He gets it.

The obsession with building houses comes from one man at Spurs.

#Mychairman

:levywhoa:

This idea that Conte leaves every club in a mess is just one of many myths that gets floated on here. He usually brings glory, success, passion and excitement and then moves on. Everyone was so excited when we appointed him.
'Antonio Antonio Antonioooo '
The myth mainly gets trotted out by the ENIC fans who will probably never get over the way he called out their boy Levy for the loser mentality he's rooted in this football club.
Even if it is true, he's said that every club he's been at.

At Juve he infamously said that you can't enter a 100 euro restaurant with a 10 euro note, in response to being asked about his record in the CL with Juve. Then in their first season after he left Allegri took them to the CL final.

He even said that at Chelsea of all places, he didn't have any money to spend.

Not sure I agree mate. Son is great centrally in certain games. We just need a new option for other games when we need a pívot in the middle
Son is better at CF when we (in the past) played counter attacking football. He doesn't hold the ball up well, nor is he very good in the air with headers. Then we have Werner fluffing on the left, missing sitters.

So Johnson has put in some good crosses recently even in the games where we got spanked, Son is nowhere near them and Werner misses.

Son is better at CF when we (in the past) played counter attacking football. He doesn't hold the ball up well, nor is he very good in the air with headers. Then we have Werner fluffing on the left, missing sitters.

So Johnson has put in some good crosses recently even in the games where we got spanked, Son is nowhere near them and Werner misses.

I think we will be able to hurt the goons on the counter and we can use Kulusevski to hold the ball up and carry us up the pitch imo

The only people doing that are those that can’t grasp the concept of context. Ideal for aggregators who rely on them to get angry at their purposefully vague tweets.

They have just reached a point where they are so bitter about the club, I don't really know why they keep doing this. If they have reached a point where they clearly hate the club, it's time to stop spending so much of their life on something they hate.

Means we have to put up with their endless whining and whingeing as well because they feel it's "important" that everyone hears about how much they hate the club just in case they can drag a few more down with them.

Some have a balance and support the team but criticize the owners. I fully understand that. Tbh it's dishonest if you don't have an issue with the decision makers neglect of the football team.

I think we will be able to hurt the goons on the counter and we can use Kulusevski to hold the ball up and carry us up the pitch imo
Yeah I didn't mean use Scralett this match, as we will have counter attcking chances that will suit Son, and Werner's pace. Richarlsion will probably play anyway at some point in this match.

What I really meant and perhaps didn't explain clearly, is that when Richalsion has been injured and teams have sat back, Son gets about nothing, IMO for those matches we should play Son left and play Scarlett as cover for Richalrlison.

So all you muppets who said this season is a success, you’ve been proven wrong by your own Messiah. :adegrin:

Actually most have said it’s been progress from last season…which is true (assuming we do get a European place).

That is NOT the same thing.

Nice try boyo, but your lack of comprehension has caused your own downfall.

Don’t worry about it.

:angehug:

Back
Top Bottom