Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not this fucking tripe again.

Any comment that accuses SPURS fans of lacking patience should be an automatic yellow card FFS.

A BIG 6, supra wealthy club who's last success was a league cup a generation ago, but we need patience....

Come on man. Think before you post, yeah?

I know what you mean but I suppose the counter to that is that Ange hasn’t been here for decades. It’s not his fault we’ve won fuck all in years.

And chopping and changing the manager has done nothing for us either.

You know who to blame or lack any more patience with and it’s not him.

So yea, fans need to show patience with Ange who deserves more than one season and 2 transfer windows.

We aren’t winning anything by changing the manager every season. That’s a fact.

They got better?

They drew with Shef UTD despite customary penalties

They drew with Burnley despite having a man advantage for most of the game

They drew with Brentford

They had a freak 6-0 win over Everton but all of a sudden they are your opposite reflection of how shit we are??

Mate you have an inferiority complex.
He's just doubling down.

He picked a hill to die on, found out it was a molehill, and is busy trying to convince everyone that it's Everest.

Not this fucking tripe again.

Any comment that accuses SPURS fans of lacking patience should be an automatic yellow card FFS.

A BIG 6, supra wealthy club who's last success was a league cup a generation ago, but we need patience....

Come on man. Think before you post, yeah?
Animated GIF

I just listed some pretty big names that got better. You can also add Poch, Emery at Villa, Moyes at a West Ham before he then declined, etc. You said yourself Chelsea are improving, they stuck with Poch.

The manager needs backing to improve. That's why Ange needs time. We have some talented youth players developing and a few young signings. Give him the time to use them.

As for the issues, it is very difficult to fix every issue in one season. He's fixed so many on and off the pitch with the club, there are bound to be issues left that he can address in the off-season.
We improved with Poch, yes. His first season was pretty unspectacular. I really hope we get a repeat of his second and 3rd season.
But then he declined. I do think he did well with us but it was mostly the perfect storm of young hungry squad and young hungry coach.

There's an art to knowing when to stick or twist. You need to be able to see improvement at a constant rate, even if it's not large.

We improved with Poch, yes. His first season was pretty unspectacular. I really hope we get a repeat of his second and 3rd season.
But then he declined. I do think he did well with us but it was mostly the perfect storm of young hungry squad and young hungry coach.

There's an art to knowing when to stick or twist. You need to be able to see improvement at a constant rate, even if it's not large.
WALOB

They got better?

They drew with Shef UTD despite customary penalties

They drew with Burnley despite having a man advantage for most of the game

They drew with Brentford

They had a freak 6-0 win over Everton but all of a sudden they are your opposite reflection of how shit we are??

Mate you have an inferiority complex.
They haven't lost in their last 8. We haven't done that since the opening 10 games.
We still have to play Sheff United away, so don't disrespect their point yet....
They played out the most entertaining game I've seen all season against United at home the other week. And won.

I dream that one day you’ll make a sensible, coherent, well thought out post.

Still dreaming.

You would have claimed it successful, lauded the cup runs, and accused the fans of 'not having the patience for a rebuild ' .😆
Exactly, that is the level of delusion here. It's down to the first 10 games where luck was in our favour that they can point to the league position and say how great it's been but it seems like no matter what this manager does, he'll be slavishly lauded by morons.

Exactly, that is the level of delusion here. It's down to the first 10 games where luck was in our favour that they can point to the league position and say how great it's been but it seems like no matter what this manager does, he'll be slavishly lauded by morons.
1st 10 games also helped by new manager bounce....

And if a manager doesn’t win anything in his first season with us, he’ll be slavishly disparaged by morons.

Shut up you boring bezoar.

seth meyers shhhh GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

That's very debatable. A good first 10 game's, I'd agree. But after that???
No cup runs and 5th in the league with no European football to stretch the squad?
You have a very low bar I think, mate.
Exactly this.

And even in those 10 games there were the games against Liverpool where it was clearly a lucky win and the game against Sheff U which was made more embarrassing by the fact they got beat 8 the week after in their own gaff.

There have been very few games we've been in control of from start to finish and looked like the better team which is not good at all at this stage of the season and it's very difficult to explain given we've had no Europe and were out of both cups early.

What makes it more bizarre is that any criticism is seen as blasphemy against the Chosen One, the conqueror of Japan, Australia & Scotland.

People are resorting to classing any criticism as wanting him sacked but just as people point out changing manager every season is not the path to success, for those with sense to see it's clear that lauding and canonising mediocrity is no path to success either.

Passing the ball for the sake of passing it is not entertaining football.

Leaving 2 defenders back to defend a whole half by themselves no matter what is not brave, it's naive.

Refusing to hire a set piece coach because you've never done it before in the elite hotspots of Scotland, Japan & Australia is not loyalty to your staff, it's leaving points on the table.

Being given a say in transfers and wanting the likes of Johnson, Werner and now Gallagher is a reason for concern if you're someone who wants the team to progress and do well, not a cause for celebration.

Last edited:
Exactly this.

And even in those 10 games there were the games against Liverpool where it was clearly a lucky win and the game against Sheff U which was made more embarrassing by the fact they got beat 8 the week after in their own gaff.

There have been very few games we've been in control of from start to finish and looked like the better team which is not good at all at this stage of the season and it's very difficult to explain given we've had no Europe and were out of both cups early.

What makes it more bizarre is that any criticism is seen as blasphemy against the Chosen One, the conqueror of Japan, Australia & Scotland.

People are resorting to classing any criticism as wanting him sacked but just as people point out changing manager every season is not the path to success, for those with sense to see it's clear that lauding and canonising mediocrity is no path to success either.

Passing the ball for the sake of passing it is not entertaining football.

Leaving 2 defenders back to defend a whole half by themselves no matter what is not brave, it's naive.

Refusing to hire a set piece coach because you've never done it before in the elite hotspots of Scotland, Japan & Australia is not loyalty to your staff, it's leaving points on the table.

Being given a say in transfers and wanting the likes of Johnson, Werner and now Gallagher is a reason for concern if you're someone who wants the team to progress and do well, not a cause for celebration.
You haven’t posted a single positive thing about this club since you joined.

Which club do you support?

You haven’t posted a single positive thing about this club since you joined.

Which club do you support?
I support a team that's won 3 trophies in my lifetime. I support a team that used to be mid table fodder if not fighting relegation but has now become one of the richest (and most expensive to follow) teams in the world. I want my team to be doing much better than they're doing and I think it's possible.

You and the other muppets are happy to settle for mediocrity as long as you get thrown a bone every now and again.

So Mr Arlison you can get back to supporting the £60M wasters in the team and I'll get back to wanting my team to be better.

Back
Top Bottom