Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought it was Ange who set the direction, and that he leaves it to his coaches to do the training ? Am I being naive or do we really need to look at the coaches, cause there’s some pretty fundamental flaws in both our attacking and defending at the moment. We’re just not seeing Angeball as he has been pretty clear at describing it, is it because it doesn’t work in the prem, or d we need better coaches?

I can’t help but question Ryan Mason a bit, because a lot of our attacking passages have a horrible familiarity about them…

finally many are coming round to what i was writing earlier in the seaspn, this guy has no clue
he hasn't watched videos of the teams we going to play or our players to find their best positions
Son has never been a CF, he isn't brave or strong enough to be there, so change the system play without a 9, buit no this manager knows better than others and 5 yrs other matches with Son as 9 don't matter
Why keep zonal marking at corners its NOT working go man to man
What does he & the coaches do all week

He did what Levy needed him to do at the start of the season to get the heat off of him. It's going to go the same way as every manager under them. He'll do another season and a half tops. Rarely do managers last 3 years here. Fans will lap it all up again when the next one comes along with the promise of a fresh project that will propel us to the elite level of football. One system that's been figured out and he continues to pick the same players that are not performing and that is weak.

I thought it was Ange who set the direction, and that he leaves it to his coaches to do the training ? Am I being naive or do we really need to look at the coaches, cause there’s some pretty fundamental flaws in both our attacking and defending at the moment. We’re just not seeing Angeball as he has been pretty clear at describing it, is it because it doesn’t work in the prem, or d we need better coaches?

I can’t help but question Ryan Mason a bit, because a lot of our attacking passages have a horrible familiarity about them…

Bingo.

It’s not Ange solely I’d be questioning, Chris Davies, Matt Wells, Ryan Mason and Mile Jedinak actually take the training so need to be put under the magnifying glass also. Ange gives them a directive and watches from the sidelines.

The 4 who take training aren’t improving us. We can’t score, we can’t defend and we can’t nail set pieces

finally many are coming round to what i was writing earlier in the seaspn, this guy has no clue
he hasn't watched videos of the teams we going to play or our players to find their best positions
Son has never been a CF, he isn't brave or strong enough to be there, so change the system play without a 9, buit no this manager knows better than others and 5 yrs other matches with Son as 9 don't matter
Why keep zonal marking at corners its NOT working go man to man
What does he & the coaches do all week
At this point. Ted Lasso levels of credibility

Bingo.

It’s not Ange solely I’d be questioning, Chris Davies, Matt Wells, Ryan Mason and Mile Jedinak actually take the training so need to be put under the spotlight also. Ange gives them a directive and watches from the sidelines.

The 4 who take training aren’t improving us. We can’t score, we can’t defend and we can’t nail set pieces
Chris Davies, Matt Wells, Ryan Mason and Mile Jedinak

Hardly scream an elite coaching set up does it ?

Hey Ange maybe you're to arrogant to care or to clueless to know but Gooner Scum start;

Rice, Odegaard and Jorginho in the middle with Havertz dropping deep and helping out. If you proceed to start Maddison in the middle then you are even more clueless then I thought.

Denting Gooners title hopes means fuckibg everything.

During the first half of the game today, while Romero and VDV were making lateral passes, I noticed Bentancur gesturing, as if saying: let's go, let's go. It seems that even some players are tired of these lateral moves.

We need to stop playing into Baldcunt's hands with demanding new managers, which means new 'project' + rebuild = 'gotta give him time', whilst winning nothing.

Rinse and repeat going nowhere.

At least with Ange, fans get the dynamic football they wanted, as a baseline.

Give him the summer window and room to absorb his first season in the prem and let's how we go next season.

Remember: he told us we'd get beat and even battered sometimes.

He's been honest and that's exactly how it's panning out.

So... think it's worth seeing this one out.

Seen enough in his first season to be relatively calm tbf.

He needs at least one more season. Maybe even 2.

So I hope he manages to get through next season anyway.

Problem for me is, if we sack him we run the risk of carrying on being a football club with no direction on the pitch, an owner who wants to grow the brand and redevelop the area off the pitch and a fanbase who don’t really know what they want anymore.

I’d also quite to make a TFC TV, the content would be absolutely golden.

I hope we are returning to a reality based evaluation of Postecoglou. Started the season with this board looking like a cult following. Now, people seem to think he's been found out and all hope is lost. Both are wrong. Football isn't a video game and Postecoglou hasn't found all the cheat codes. But he also has the team on his side and appears to have accomplished a lot of good things. He'll get some transfers in who are suited to his system and hopefully start to work on set pieces and some areas that need improvement. Then, we'll see. In the meantime he'll get criticized like every other manager does and he'll be judged on results. He's earned the time he will get to prove his ideas can work.

Does anyone have the stats on scored and conceeded from set pieces (excluding pens)?

Feels like we must be well down there. Never score and currently conceed like every two games.
Woolwich are the best in the league at them too, could be ugly.

According to WhoScored.

We're 9th for goals scored from set pieces. And 8th for conceding from set pieces.

"Newcastle were good. We just didn't really get a grip of the game. It felt like we let Newcastle dictate how the game was played."

No mate, YOU let Newcastle dictate how the game was played. Try playing 3 competent hard working centre midfielders and let's see if that happens again. Even if it does happen, at least fucking try something different.

Back
Top Bottom