Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's cooked imo, found out completely. Could he turn it around still by next season? Sure, anything is possible.

Do I think he will? No.

I think he's a limited manager with old school outdated concepts in regards to the game which is easy to figure out in a modern game with complex tactical variables, this is why we are struggling now as opposed to the start of the season.

To put it simply, he's been figured out and unless he completely changes how he views the game I fail to see how anything will change.

The first thing Postecoglou must rectify is having the confidence that any 11 players he puts on a pitch are ready for what's coming.

How he thought that again today is beyond me.

The midfield was always going to be overrun. He needs to see the needs.

As much as I like Ange the man manager, can't shake the feeling that it's not the players. Got a way of playing he's sticking to that's going to get punished repeatedly in the toughest, most physical league in the world.
Of course it’s not the players, it’s happened too regularly. People think this manager’s magically going to find solutions when he’s played only one way throughout his career lol… it’s like asking Mourinho to play attacking football.

But yeah, keep hoping and coping anything will change. Even if it’ll change, it’ll be way outside this manager’s comfort zone and I seriously doubt he’ll have the tools to deal with it.

So then. Wolves wasn’t a one off.

Lots of dogshit performances lately and clearly not an awful lot being done about it.

Ange needs to be backed in the Summer so that we can see his style of football executed with the players he wants. And if we’re still having 4 goals shipped past us in a year’s time he needs to be given his marching orders.

But even so, with the players available to us, we shouldn’t be losing 4-0 to anyone, let alone an injury ravaged Newcastle.

Proberly the worst time to be posting but I have to question the job Ange is doing ,we can't defend so its no wonder we struggle in so many games and very little seems to have changed ,we are blessed we bagged so many points early as if our current form is our level we will have yet more upheaval at the club next season .I always wanted a manager who could change things round as much as possible because we are unlikely to assemble a squad full of tip top players to play a particular way .The old story be hard to beat and that will give you a chance but our ongoing problem of conceding goals a plenty will keep stopping us from really competing .

The first thing Postecoglou must rectify is having the confidence that any 11 players he puts on a pitch are ready for what's coming.

How he thought that again today is beyond me.

The midfield was always going to be overrun. He needs to see the needs.
he saw and knew Fulham and Newcastle use 3 energetic central midfielders in the middle and their gameplan is to basically control through the middle and get the ball out wide as quick as possible and thought.....

yep I'll counter that by playing Maddison in the middle and yep today I'll drop our most energetic central midfielder (Sarr) even though the oppositions whole gameplan is reliant on taking control in the middle and pinging balls out wide as quick as possible.

I've never seen a manager that can't see our weakness (despite it being so obvious) and can't see the oppositions gameplan
(despite it being so obvious again). Not only does he not see it but even when he does....he refuses to change anything until the game is done.

he saw and knew Fulham and Newcastle use 3 energetic central midfielders in the middle and their gameplay is to basically control through the middle and get the ball out wide as quick as possible and thought.....

yep I'll counter that by playing Maddison in the middle and yep today I'll drop our most energetic central midfielder (Sarr) even though the oppositions whole gameplan is reliant on taking control in the middle and pinging balls out wide as quick as possible.

I've never seen a manager that can't see our weakness (despite it being so obvious) and can't see the oppositions gameplan
(despite it being so obvious again). Not only does he not see it but even when he does....he refuses to change anything until the game is done.

Well it's stupid.

He knows the players and can surep6 recognise the likelihood of the outcome based in the personnel.

He can't be like some of the numpties on here and live by hope alone.

He needs to become morr pragmatic. Not a crime.

Against Gooners he will probably start Kulu ahead of Werner and maybe a rotation in the midfield but he will absolutely start Maddison in the middle and we will all look at eachother pretending to be confused as to how we've got smacked up.

Then in the game after he will probably drop Johnson and maybe rotate another centre midfielder with Maddison starting in the middle and then we will again all pretend to be shocked that we lose convincingly again.

Hes so predictable it's unreal and the fact that he can't spot why we are looking so open is one of the most alarming things I've ever seen.

It’s why he will lose his job within the next 12 months and we will be looking for another manager. Levy wants us to be a CL club. Two years in a row without it will be enough for him to lose it.

he saw and knew Fulham and Newcastle use 3 energetic central midfielders in the middle and their gameplan is to basically control through the middle and get the ball out wide as quick as possible and thought.....

And that includes set pieces. Both attacking and defending them we are atrocious and if anything we are getting worse.

What's he gonna say later...?

He'd better not say "I thought we controlled the game for large parts...." bollocks. Because having tippy, tappy possession and not doing anything with it isn't 'controlling' fuck all.

Ange is really fucking stubborn, a quality that I do not like in a manager. He’s maybe good enough anyways, but we learned NOTHING from Fulham and made every single mistake again today. Maddening.

Not knowing your best midfield pairing is a huge issue. Bissouma is letting him down big time these last few months. I'd be flabbergasted if Bissouma is in the first eleven for the rest of the season.
Not giving up on Ange but the tactics needs adjusting for the Prem with the right players.

Back
Top Bottom