Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've seen enough to know it will all end in tears , same way it always ends under these owners

We're stuck in a neverending cycle

Can’t blame them for playing so open though can we.

Doesn’t matter who the manager is. Can’t go any higher without a change but it won’t happen. Even the extra investment coming in is going to be for finance for the hotel development.

We won’t get anywhere playing this open. We’ll win some games but you can’t play like this week in week out. It will catch up with us.
Not without the right players.

Which we are two summer windows away from... if we were gonna bring in the right players.

Which Levy won't.

Anyway, if, at the end of ange's tenure here, we are left with piece of silverware, I'd be happy.

Also, people, you cried for years about having exciting football; was bottom line. Win or lose, you just wanted your "spurs back".

Well, you got it (which Baldcunt remined you of with a great big grin on his face).

And Levy knows that as long as you get that an a bit of europe, he's golden.

Not without the right players.

Which we are two summer windows away from... if we were gonna bring in the right players.

Which Levy won't.

Anyway, if, at the end of ange's tenure here, we are left with piece of silverware, I'd be happy.

Also, people, you cried for years about having exciting football; was bottom line. Win or lose, you just wanted your "spurs back".

Well, you got it (which Baldcunt remined you of with a great big grin on his face).

And Levy knows that as long as you get that an a bit of europe, he's golden.

I didn’t. I’ve always been about results. You can play exciting football without boring us to death (conte) or playing a system and way that’s just too wide open for PL football (Ange). Multiple teams, not necessarily us, have shown that over the years. Poch, redknapp, Jol for a start.

We don't work on defensive transitions in training we know this. Other managers would be getting pelters for the amount of goals we concede and not working on it in training.

It's exactly the same with corners, opposition teams look like they will score every time from one.

Against Gooners he will probably start Kulu ahead of Werner and maybe a rotation in the midfield but he will absolutely start Maddison in the middle and we will all look at eachother pretending to be confused as to how we've got smacked up.

Then in the game after he will probably drop Johnson and maybe rotate another centre midfielder with Maddison starting in the middle and then we will again all pretend to be shocked that we lose convincingly again.

Hes so predictable it's unreal and the fact that he can't spot why we are looking so open is one of the most alarming things I've ever seen.

I didn’t. I’ve always been about results. You can play exciting football without boring us to death (conte) or playing a system and way that’s just too wide open for PL football (Ange). Multiple teams, not necessarily us, have shown that over the years. Poch, redknapp, Jol for a start.
Thing about the way Ange approaches the game, you have to keep driving home the principle and take the lows of it, for it to come through and out the other side.

In this league, that, in itself, can be crushing.

Though would all be worth it, for a season, if you then begin to bring in finely sourced players needed to build within that principle to make it durable and consistent - IN THE PREM.

This is where this plan may fall (for us fans, anyway).

Levy sees Ange as giving the fans what they screamed for.

And he's right.

Largely, they did.

Last edited:
He made no changes at halftime, just to make the most obvious changes everyone was calling out for after the game is already lost.

Not that it would've made a difference, but still.

Iv talked a lot of smack about Ange in the matchday thread and I dont think he’s the right guy to take us forward but with 1 or 2 actually quality strikers a lot of these games would have been finished in the first 30 minutes. The longer the game goes on and the missed chances the more they come into the game we struggle, because we are absolutely toothless up front. That first 30 minutes is crucial to the way we play that we take those chances. A decent striker and thats automatically another 10 points added to the table.

Son has never been a competent striker in the near decade hes been here. I dont know we are trying to change that now at the age of what 32?

Ange needs to hold the supporters to account.

It's the embarrassing support. The quite mice. Squeak, squeak. They are the problem.

The players just swan off and get in their Ferraris. They don't give a fuck, cause nobody holds them to account.

Back
Top Bottom