Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2 consecutive FA cups.
1 UEFA cup
3 years.

How does Ange get to that standard in this day and age?
Would he need to win the same trophies? Or would the carabao and ECL be ok?

2 domestics and a Europa League in 3 years isn't unfathomable..... We're not talking EPLs & CLs.

Gotta break the 'seal' and win one first tho'.

....BUT (to what I think might be your deeper point) any 3 cups in 3 years during the petro-cheat era is a great achievement.

2 domestics and a Europa League in 3 years isn't unfathomable..... We're not talking EPLs & CLs.

Gotta break the 'seal' and win one first tho'.

....BUT (to what I think might be your deeper point) any 3 cups in 3 years during the petro-cheat era is a great achievement.

It’s bloody hard.

Look at last few years. City 5 out of 6 titles. Owned by a nation.

And winning the FA cup two years in a row and the Europa league or CL on the last 20 years?

Chelsea. With their dodgy money I think that’s it.

It’s bloody hard.

Like I said, any 3 cups in 3 years during the petro-cheat era is a great achievement..... But It's not unfathomable.

Look at last few years. City 5 out of 6 titles. Owned by a nation.

League titles weren't part of the discussion here..... KB didn't win one.

And winning the FA cup two years in a row and the Europa league or CL on the last 20 years?

I shan't be classing the EL & CL as the same level of difficulty......... Nor did Burkinshaw win the equivalent of the latter either

Chelsea. With their dodgy money I think that’s it.

An underwhelming Man U side under Jose won the EL & LC in one season........ Whilst winning the FAcup the season before.

A shit Man U won the LC last season too and are destined for this season's FAcup final.

As much as I like Ange the man manager, can't shake the feeling that it's not the players. Got a way of playing he's sticking to that's going to get punished repeatedly in the toughest, most physical league in the world.

Guess we'll see next season, when he'll ostensibly be able to bring in a few more of his players over the summer.

The worrying thing is we’re conceding this many chances with two fairly decent CBs. Cuti and VDV have done well for the most part and we’re still this bad.

Back
Top Bottom