Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Let down by the team"

What kind of cop out excuse is that?

It's his fucking job to motivate the team isn't it? That's one of the lamest excuses that gets thrown about in football. What the fuck is he being paid for?

Postecoglou has his flaws but motivating the players isn't one of thems. Its largely due his motivational ability the team isn't sitting mid-table. I really can't think of a coach better at motivating his players.

I believe he knows the players deserve a bollocking after that. The hard part is because he isn't a big name manager, he lacks the authority to let loose on them they way he might want. He will get his message across in other ways. But make no mistake the players will know that's not acceptable.

Think it’s perfectly reasonable to question Ange's game when plan A isn’t working. Perfectly reasonable to question yet another shocking 1st half. First sub made 66 mins in when it was clearly not working any many of them were rank out there

A lot of you are now coming round to what I was writing before Christmas when I was shouted down
yesterday Its not the managers fault the players couldn't pass to each other or score tap-ins
but what is on him is not changing at 2-0, it was clear many of the players were off it (for some reason)

What changes should have he made?

You believe the hype post Villa, drop off 5-10% in your effort levels and get handed your ass on a plate by a well organised team that wanted it more!

We went out there with the wrong attitude!

I really think it is that simple!

Wake up call!
But we had arse handing this season from Brighton, wolves home and away, Fulham yesterday. Then in recent seasons going out to both Boro and forest early in the cups.
Many of the players have come and gone since then, yet the wrong attitude still exists, I would suggest that the problem is more deep lying than a one off game.

I got binned for doubting Posto, I called it right from the start. No PL or top flight experience, old, set in his ways, stubborn, ill, family in Australia. The ingredients are stacked against success.

Now questions could be asked if this formula has any chance of working in the PL and in Europe if we make it.

PL managers will find answers to and exploit our system. Could we ever sign players good enough to operate it ?

Vdv has dodgy hammies and he is having to sprint repeatedly to cover our defensive weakness, Porro and Udogie are leaving space for opponents to play into.

Posto's initial hurdle was to get the players to buy into his strategy, that happened surprisingly quickly but how do they see it now ?

I got binned for doubting Posto, I called it right from the start. No PL or top flight experience, old, set in his ways, stubborn, ill, family in Australia. The ingredients are stacked against success.

Now questions could be asked if this formula has any chance of working in the PL and in Europe if we make it.

PL managers will find answers to and exploit our system. Could we ever sign players good enough to operate it ?

Vdv has dodgy hammies and he is having to sprint repeatedly to cover our defensive weakness, Porro and Udogie are leaving space for opponents to play into.

Posto's initial hurdle was to get the players to buy into his strategy, that happened surprisingly quickly but how do they see it now ?
ill ……..?

Johnson was just under 40m with 5m worth of add ons dependent. (According to POK anyway)

If Maddison really was the club's biggest investment after selling Kane for 100m, that's rough.

We basically did a Bale and spent pretty much only the Kane money and change. AFTER finishing 8th and swapping a 15m a season manager for a 3m a season one.

Meanwhile Bayern don't rinse the extra 3m for ticket hikes and this club does.

They probably see a team that is competing for a champions league place after finishing 8th last season and losing our best ever player

And a manager that gets 1.9 points per game in his first ever season in the premier league

But we had arse handing this season from Brighton, wolves home and away, Fulham yesterday. Then in recent seasons going out to both Boro and forest early in the cups.
Many of the players have come and gone since then, yet the wrong attitude still exists, I would suggest that the problem is more deep lying than a one off game.

A fish rots from the head, it all stems from the chairman. His focus is not on winning. A trophyless season with a 4th place finish is absolutely fine for him. Winning is not an expectation. Of course that rubs off on the players.

We keep embarrassing ourselves in the cups because it’s been made clear by the chairman that winning them doesn’t matter. It’s not how he evaluates the season. Whereas at City, Real, Bayern etc a trophyless season is a disaster. Losing is accepted here. That doesn’t mean Levy hasn’t been a decent chairman but the true desire to win just isn’t there.

A fish rots from the head, it all stems from the chairman. His focus is not on winning. A trophyless season with a 4th place finish is absolutely fine for him. Winning is not an expectation. Of course that rubs off on the players.

We keep embarrassing ourselves in the cups because it’s been made clear by the chairman that winning them doesn’t matter. It’s not how he evaluates the season. Whereas at City, Real, Bayern etc a trophyless season is a disaster. Losing is accepted here. That doesn’t mean Levy hasn’t been a decent chairman but the true desire to win just isn’t there.
🏆🏆🏆💪✔️

They probably see a team that is competing for a champions league place after finishing 8th last season and losing our best ever player

And a manager that gets 1.9 points per game in his first ever season in the premier league
The manager has said he has no target of CL football so there might be a conflict of ambition between him and the players. I would hope the players aspire to reach the CL.

Some of the over-reacting from a few folks on here is incredible. Yes, it was one shitshow of a performance and we were well beaten, but overall the team has exceeded all pre-season expectations.

Personally, I expected us to be hovering around 8th before a ball was kicked so likely CL football is a massive bonus.

I'll start judging Ange and this team properly after the summer transfer window - which will be very revealing - and the second season.

Some of the over-reacting from a few folks on here is incredible. Yes, it was one shitshow of a performance and we were well beaten, but overall the team has exceeded all pre-season expectations.

Personally, I expected us to be hovering around 8th before a ball was kicked so likely CL football is a massive bonus.

I'll start judging Ange and this team properly after the summer transfer window - which will be very revealing - and the second season.
No over reaction from me. I called it right from the start. We had Celtic and Oz bus hoppers telling us how good he was in lower level football.....that's no qualification for the PL .

Back
Top Bottom