Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Talk was that the dressing room had 'gone' by that point....... Roll of the dice on a new manager bounce?

No less plausible than fan fiction about avoiding win bonuses and using it to take heat off the ESL balls-up.

Nearly worked too...... Moreso than what Jose had tried in our 3-0 loss to them at The Etihad a couple of weeks beforehand.

He was trying to avoid win bonuses wasn’t he fixxy

I think what happens with Jose is at first his charisma and energy captures fans/players. He’s good at getting the ambitious players on side as well because they buy in to his reputation.

But slowly it gets more and more toxic and the football is shown for what it is. That’s how it went for us anyway. Seems to be how it went at United and Roma too.

I don’t mind counter-attacking football but we did it with very little intensity. That’s the issue with Jose, he still subscribes to the idea that you take as few risks as possible.

Dream scenario is Chelsea bring him back

It doesn’t matter what Villa do, we just need to worry about getting our own points

Well, it sort of does matter.

You said we'd need 8 of 13 wins to get top four. But if Villa get 9, then we won't get top 4 regardless.

But I agree with your statement of we just need to worry about getting our own points and finishing with as many points as possible.

If its not enough for top 4, so be it. Fair play Villa.

And apparently Villa have a harder set of fixtures than we do, with the Ajax game to boot

Ajax are terrible tbf.

Villa will walk that game.

Well, it sort of does matter.

You said we'd need 8 of 13 wins to get top four. But if Villa get 9, then we won't get top 4 regardless.

But I agree with your statement of we just need to worry about getting our own points and finishing with as many points as possible.

If its not enough for top 4, so be it. Fair play Villa.

Ajax are terrible tbf.

Villa will walk that game.
It’s a lot of travel. This weekend against Luton starts a run of five games in 15 days for Villa, where they also play Ajax twice, us and Wolves.

Villa’s remaining PL away games are Luton, West Ham, City, Arsenle, Brighton and Palace. Their home games include Wolves, Chelsea and Liverpool. It’s going to be tough for them to win 9 games.

Villa’s remaining PL away games are Luton, West Ham, City, Arsenle, Brighton and Palace. Their home games include Wolves, Chelsea and Liverpool. It’s going to be tough for them to win 9 games.

But we've also got Villa, Chelsea, Woolwich, City, Liverpool, Newcastle, West Ham... It'll be very tough to win 8.

Back
Top Bottom