Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know who really needs to be patient. Daniel Levy.
Average term of a manager at Spurs under ENIC is less than 2 years. That’s not including caretaker managers either. And Pleat as a caretaker manager got given most of a season!

Only one manager has been given more than 4 pre seasons / summer transfer windows under levy and ENIC. Redknapp and Jol both got 3. (However for poor Martin Jol Spurs were photographed talking to Juande Ramos during Jols 3rd summer transfer window)

All the other ENIC appointed managers got 1 or 2.summer windows. Or even none!!
We can compare ourselves to pep, Klopp, Wenger, Fergie and now Arteta as much as we want.
But if Levy himself has no patience it doesn’t really matter about the fans does it?

Which of our previous managers would you have given more time to?

So you would have given Jose, Nuno and Conte more time?

why?

The joy of hindsight.

Doing the same thing over and over again is not the most sensible thing to do is it.

Jose - sacked o. A Monday before a final among he noise of us entering the ESL.
We lost the carabao cup final. With Ryan Mason in charge.
Nuno - we employed for him what 3 months?
As has been said on here more times than I can count. Be patient. So I won’t be too hypocritical about how long he got.
Conte - we were 4th.
Finished 8th. With Ryan Mason in charge.
Clearly that decision backfired.
Newcastle away….. fuck me that was awful.

The joy of hindsight.

Doing the same thing over and over again is not the most sensible thing to do is it.

Jose - sacked o. A Monday before a final among he noise of us entering the ESL.
We lost the carabao cup final. With Ryan Mason in charge.
Nuno - we employed for him what 3 months?
As has been said on here more times than I can count. Be patient. So I won’t be too hypocritical about how long he got.
Conte - we were 4th.
Finished 8th. With Ryan Mason in charge.
Clearly that decision backfired.
Newcastle away….. fuck me that was awful.

Conte pretty much forced his way out (sacked himself).

If top 4 is Levy's holy grail (as repeatedly accused) then he had no reason to sack Conte if he kept his head down and just got on with the job.

It's quite obvious from some of the players that he'd turned into a toxic little shit-bag too.

Mistake keeping Stellini on as acting manager in the interim between Conte & Mason though..... A cleaner break from that regime might have seen Mason engender a bit more harmony and at least seen us qualify for Europa League.

...In 8 months mind.
I tend to look at the bigger picture....24 years

Anyway, all this talk about lowering our expectations to facilitate the so -called rebuild is utter nonsense. The term is a made up fallacy currently being used to somehow absolve years of disgusting squad neglect and numerous managerial scapegoats.

The most successful clubs are in a never ending cycle of rebuilding their squads. Always looking to replace a player with a better alternative. Knowing the right time to move a player on. I'm not sure why Spurs have to somehow be prepared for mediocrity in some undefined rebuilding window when we had a squad that Conte somehow got into the champions league little more than 18 months ago.

Accepting mediocrity is a surefire way to....well.......mediocrity 🤷‍♂️

Conte pretty much forced his way out (sacked himself).

If top 4 is Levy's holy grail (as repeatedly accused) then he had no reason to sack Conte if he kept his head down and just got on with the job.

It's quite obvious from some of the players that he'd turned into a toxic little shit-bag too.

Mistake keeping Stellini on as acting manager in the interim between Conte & Mason though..... A cleaner break from that regime might have seen Mason engender a bit more harmony and at least seen us qualify for Europa League.

If top 4 is levy’s holy grail?? Seriously????
Hahahahahaha. Stop trolling.

Levys own statement below upon sacking conte. I wonder what he was aiming for??? 3 paragraphs and CL gets mentioned twice!!! Top 4 s our everything!!! The record books show that.

We can announce that Head Coach Antonio Conte has left the Club by mutual agreement. We achieved Champions League qualification in Antonio’s first season at the Club. We thank Antonio for his contribution and wish him well for the future.

Cristian Stellini will take the team as Acting Head Coach for the remainder of the season, along with Ryan Mason as Assistant Head Coach.

Daniel Levy, Chairman: “We have 10 Premier League games remaining and we have a fight on our hands for a Champions League place. We all need to pull together. Everyone has to step up to ensure the highest possible finish for our Club and amazing, loyal supporters.”

Well since we got to that stage he was owed the cup final at least

Fair... Certainly in terms of him 'earning' that final.

As far as his overall tenure goes I have mixed feelings... On one hand at times it was shit and things obviously weren't clicking; on the other he had a lot to contend with what with Covid (both the unprecedented practicalities of it but also the financial uncertainty it brought to our trf activity or lack there-of) and he also suffered some dreadful batches of injuries.

I tend to look at the bigger picture....24 years

Anyway, all this talk about lowering our expectations to facilitate the so -called rebuild is utter nonsense. The term is a made up fallacy currently being used to somehow absolve years of disgusting squad neglect and numerous managerial scapegoats.

The most successful clubs are in a never ending cycle of rebuilding their squads. Always looking to replace a player with a better alternative. Knowing the right time to move a player on. I'm not sure why Spurs have to somehow be prepared for mediocrity in some undefined rebuilding window when we had a squad that Conte somehow got into the champions league little more than 18 months ago.

Accepting mediocrity is a surefire way to....well.......mediocrity 🤷‍♂️

This is the Ange Postecoglou thread. You seem to be projecting Levy and Enic's past conduct on to Postecoglou.

Who are these top clubs you speak of anyway? United? Liverpool? Barcelona? Real Madrid? City? PSG? The Arse?

Back
Top Bottom