Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Under him we will lose some games as the style of play won't always work. But even when we don't get the result we want and I'm dissapointed, I only have to think back to the dark and turgid days of the likes of Nuno Santo and Conte, the awful football we were playing often even in games we would win, and that dissapointment fades away pretty quickly.

We're a work in progress. The start of the season raised expectations but realistically it was never going to be sustained. Injuries will always happen and we're still light in certain areas. But he's a breath of fresh air after breathing in fart tainted oxygen for a lot of seasons prior to this one.

Under him we will lose some games as the style of play won't always work. But even when we don't get the result we want and I'm dissapointed, I only have to think back to the dark and turgid days of the likes of Nuno Santo and Conte, the awful football we were playing often even in games we would win, and that dissapointment fades away pretty quickly.

We're a work in progress. The start of the season raised expectations but realistically it was never going to be sustained. Injuries will always happen and we're still light in certain areas. But he's a breath of fresh air after breathing in fart tainted oxygen for a lot of seasons prior to this one.
So we traded a style of play that didn't work for us, neither on the pitch or from a viewing experience, to a style of play that also doesn't always work, but is sometimes an easier watch so.......
Personally I have been bored silly for months with it, apart from the first few games on the season, it's been poor tactically and organisationally.
The team are either clinging on, or chasing the game, the team is always all over the place.

So we traded a style of play that didn't work for us, neither on the pitch or from a viewing experience, to a style of play that also doesn't always work, but is sometimes an easier watch so.......
Personally I have been bored silly for months with it, apart from the first few games on the season, it's been poor tactically and organisationally.
The team are either clinging on, or chasing the game, the team is always all over the place.

It's very much a work in progress. It won't happen in half a season or one season. But I don't think anyone can say we haven't generally been a much better watch this season. How we even managed to find such three defence minded managers in succession to each other in the first place was pretty staggering.

We have to find the right balance between being an attacking side that goes out to win games and take the game to sides, and yet also not be so open and run around like headless chickens burning energy for no reason. That's easier said than done and will take some time.

It's very much a work in progress. It won't happen in half a season or one season. But I don't think anyone can say we haven't generally been a much better watch this season. How we even managed to find such three defence minded managers in succession to each other in the first place was pretty staggering.

We have to find the right balance between being an attacking side that goes out to win games and take the game to sides, and yet also not be so open and run around like headless chickens burning energy for no reason. That's easier said than done and will take some time.
There is always next season I guess 😁

Fans: We need a manager who plays on the front foot and a rebuild!

Also fans: We're too open, we're a mess why are we so inconsistent!

ok GIF

Fans: We need a manager who plays on the front foot and a rebuild!

Also fans: We're too open, we're a mess why are we so inconsistent!

ok GIF

And another group of fans.

"We need a manager who wins football matches, challenges for trophies and titles, and owners prepared to give him the tools to succeed."

Yeah...That's where I'm standing

There is always next season I guess 😁
Try be patient. You think he was going to come straight in and build a squad,change the style and have us playing great and winning every week? What did you expect was going to happen? You can’t be that short sighted.
I understand being annoyed with mourinho and conte because they just wanted to win straight away and be given millions to do it. We have a guy who’s putting the foundations in for the future. It’s a completely different path we are on now. Give the guy time.

Try be patient. You think he was going to come straight in and build a squad,change the style and have us playing great and winning every week? What did you expect was going to happen? You can’t be that short sighted.
I understand being annoyed with mourinho and conte because they just wanted to win straight away and be given millions to do it. We have a guy who’s putting the foundations in for the future. It’s a completely different path we are on now. Give the guy time.
We have been patient, and continue to be so, we are allowed to offer up opinions whether you agree is irrelevant.
None of us expect to be the next city or Madrid, because we know we will never be like that.

We have been patient, and continue to be so, we are allowed to offer up opinions whether you agree is irrelevant.
None of us expect to be the next city or Madrid, because we know we will never be like that.
But Ange needs time to get us close just like Arteta was given time at them. Look where they are now which hurts to see but if we are patient with Ange and the club back him then there’s a chance we get there.

We’ve all suffered mate and it’s never easy being Tottenham but I honestly feel this is the first time in my 43 years of supporting where I think there’s something special happening.

The club has got its house in order and we are definitely going in the right direction.

But Ange needs time to get us close just like Arteta was given time at them. Look where they are now which hurts to see but if we are patient with Ange and the club back him then there’s a chance we get there.

We’ve all suffered mate and it’s never easy being Tottenham but I honestly feel this is the first time in my 43 years of supporting where I think there’s something special happening.

The club has got its house in order and we are definitely going in the right direction.
25 YEARS :levyeyes:

We need to be patient

But we have already been patient…

Sucks but that’s the way it is. Takes time to build a team and playing style. Especially when you have to change so many players

He’s up there with Fergie as one of the two greatest managers of all time
For me, the measure of the manager is ‘would that team have won what they did with anyone else at the helm?’
Can’t say I’ve ever felt the answer was ‘absolutely not’ with either Klopp or Fraudiola, although I’m a ‘maybe’ on Klopp’s back-to-back Bundesliga winners. Those were very, very, VERY good teams but perhaps it’s my lack of Bundesliga knowledge (interest) that makes me biased.

Fergie’s last premiership title with United was entirely down to him. He dragged a mediocre team over the line and so that makes him the second best manager of all time.

What is it with our Managers and the press trying to get them take over ,elsewhere?Already seen Ange connected with the scouse job,now according to the little pop ups on my phone ,there's two others after him as well.
Didnt click on it,so don't know who the other 2 are,presuming one was liverpool.

We had all this crap with Poch as well.

Punditry is living in a perpetual state of 2005 and I doubt there is much reason to change. Their audience is stuck back there too.

Younger generations likely just stream games from dodgy sites and the lucky buggers get a non English speaking commentator.

As much as it's the one thing I'm hoping for, us winning a domestic cup won't change it. The day we hoist a league cup the word #wigan and #milkcup will be trending on twatter.

Like as not, things will sort themselves out and Spurs will finish 4th or 5th. Then all the people who were so mad for Postecoglou at the start of the season, and are questioning him now, can go back to thinking he invented football.

Try be patient.
We have been patient, and continue to be so,
We need to be patient

You know who really needs to be patient. Daniel Levy.
Average term of a manager at Spurs under ENIC is less than 2 years. That’s not including caretaker managers either. And Pleat as a caretaker manager got given most of a season!

Only one manager has been given more than 4 pre seasons / summer transfer windows under levy and ENIC. Redknapp and Jol both got 3. (However for poor Martin Jol Spurs were photographed talking to Juande Ramos during Jols 3rd summer transfer window)

All the other ENIC appointed managers got 1 or 2.summer windows. Or even none!!
We can compare ourselves to pep, Klopp, Wenger, Fergie and now Arteta as much as we want.
But if Levy himself has no patience it doesn’t really matter about the fans does it?

Back
Top Bottom