Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully they go and announce Xabi Alonso sharpish so we don’t have to listen to the fucking media linking Ange to his “boyhood club” (fuck right off with that bollocks).

It'll 100% be Alonso. Ange wouldn't leave after one year either.
I think we all can agree they need someone with a strong... Character.

Clear to see last night how many people don't really understand what Ange wants to ultimately achieve here.

Let's remind some of you

Were you aware of the lengthy run without trophy for Spurs and does it impact a club?

I've said before there can't be a desperation to win a trophy because it cures all ills because it doesn't. As soon as you win one, what do you think the fans are going to say? 'It's OK, you don't have to win one for another 15 or 16 years?' No, they'll want more.

So, it is about putting yourself in a position where you can compete for these things regularly and give yourself every opportunity to win every competition you're in. It is not just winning a trophy and thinking that is going to be enough. And a football club like this, which is the context for what I'm saying, there would be a demand from not just supporters, but players and everyone involved at the club saying we want more of this.

So, I can't just sit back and say, 'hold on, I've just delivered a trophy. Shouldn't I have some latitude to not be successful?' It doesn't work that way. I am determined to bring success to the football club but it is not a desperation for something that will give us some respire for what is ahead. When you're a big football club there should be a constant demand for success.
-

Last night was a stark reminder that we're no where near where we need to be. Even Fulham in the League Cup proved that. I'd dread to think how our season would have turned out if we managed to qualify for one of the shite European tournaments last season.

One and a half transfer windows has probably pushed us closer to where we want to be but we still need to get rid of a good 5 or so players as well as bring in another 8 or so.

I think the Johnson situation could well be the first major issue he has with the fan base. We will see when everyone is fit but if he continues with him when everyone is back it will cause problems with fans and within the squad. If he's going to put maddison back in then kulusevski should play on the right and Johnson should be dropped.

I think the Johnson situation could well be the first major issue he has with the fan base. We will see when everyone is fit but if he continues with him when everyone is back it will cause problems with fans and within the squad. If he's going to put maddison back in then kulusevski should play on the right and Johnson should be dropped.
He'll have no issue with most of the fanbase. There will be lunatics, sure, but most of the reasonable people have realised to trust this guy. It's not fair on him to raise the expectations simply because he did TOO well in the first half of the season. This is still pretty much the beginning of the "new Tottenham", and we're on the right path. Playing or not playing Johnson will do nothing to his reputation (and I'm pretty sure that he won't start Johnson either way when everyone is fit)

He'll have no issue with most of the fanbase. There will be lunatics, sure, but most of the reasonable people have realised to trust this guy. It's not fair on him to raise the expectations simply because he did TOO well in the first half of the season. This is still pretty much the beginning of the "new Tottenham", and we're on the right path. Playing or not playing Johnson will do nothing to his reputation (and I'm pretty sure that he won't start Johnson either way when everyone is fit)
I disagree with you on this. I think having a teachers pet type scenario is not a good situation to have within the squad or amongst the fans especially if they're not performing. I don't think he will when everyone is fit but I do think if he does go that way it will cause a fair degree of animosity if not to ange it'll create a very hostile environment for Johnson.

Let's try not to get carried away. Johnson hasn't pulled up any trees and is already looking a little out of his depth, but you don't crush players. And there is time aplenty.

Equally Postecoglou doesn't give the impression of not making the decisions for the greater good.

Johnson won't be a regular starter for much longer.

Just watched Ange's presser and I'm glad he was honest - diplomatic, but honest.

He said we were shit, without saying we were shit.

Most of the people that have an issue with Johnson probably had an issue with him before he arrived because he wasnt from a big league.

You don’t know that. What’s fact is that he walked away from Celtic after two years the second a bigger club came calling. Liverpool are a bigger club than us. Ange supports Liverpool.

And as for your melting post earlier saying we are no where near it… we still have 4 huge players unavailable. So stop talking shite.

You don’t know that. What’s fact is that he walked away from Celtic after two years the second a bigger club came calling. Liverpool are a bigger club than us. Ange supports Liverpool.

And as for your melting post earlier saying we are no where near it… we still have 4 huge players unavailable. So stop talking shite.
Ange supports Ange, Liverpool was a poster on his wall as a child, Shankly bed time stories not a real life phoenix that is THFC right now

Back
Top Bottom